Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#1 Post by sake-bento »

"I can relive the dying moment of any corpse I touch."

A teenager with no name and no home wanders from one city to the next, burdened by the weight of his extraordinary ability. When he is accused of murdering a woman that he's never met, he sets out to prove his innocence and find the true killer. The investigation quickly takes a turn for the complicated when a strange voice appears in his head, warning him to watch his step. Every word has a hidden meaning. Every suspect has a secret. Search for clues, interrogate the witnesses, and unravel the mystery before it's too late.

Hello all. Sake-bento here with a shiny new mystery game full of...mystery. Okay, so that bit was probably a given. Hey, I tried. Anyway, here's the latest from sakevisual. If you're wondering about the filesize, it's because this game is voiced. >.>

List price is $15.00 USD, but I'm giving a 25% off code to anyone who draws fanart for me. Those of us who don't have the artistic strain can supplement fanart with a blog post (250 words or more) reviewing the demo. If you've already sent me fanart, you should have your discount code already. If you don't, just email me again (ayu@sakevisual.com).

Art: M. Beatriz Garcia (dejichan)
Writing, programming: Ayu Sakata (sake-bento)
Original Soundtrack: Marc Conrad Tabula
Opening Song: Aural Wave

Cast:
Chance - Kira Buckland
Miss Bergstrom - Morgan Barnhart
Detective Gurski - Chris Niosi
Kizaki - Micah Solusod
Voice - Apphia Yu

Buy the Full Version: http://sakevisual.com/jisei/
Attachments
jiseidemo-mac.zip
(50.12 MiB) Downloaded 148 times

[The extension exe has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

jiseidemo-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(45.99 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#2 Post by Chansel »

I've been waiting for this one!
Can't wait to start playing it =D
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#3 Post by MaiMai »

Oho, will try this out right away
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

pastel

#4 Post by pastel »

I just bought it and I can't wait to start playing it!

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#5 Post by Fluffycrow »

Wonderful! I'll try out the demo first, then I'll probably buy it.congrats on finishing!

Ren

#6 Post by Ren »

So, this is going to be an episodic game?

Bought it today, I just have a couple of questions: is it OK for me to install it at home AND at work? I tried uninstalling the Jisei demo after having installed the full version, but I can't seem to be able to get rid of the folder itself, while all the files inside it are gone. I get an error message saying that a program is using that folder, to try and close the folder or program and try again.
I'm sure the folder is closed and no program is using it, though...

I'm quite fond of the music, although the main theme reminds me of one of the tunes from FF7, the story looks promising enough, too. Even though I find some flaws in the art (mostly anatomy or perspective ones), it's still quite impressive to see this kind of work done in a little over a month.

Congrats!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by DaFool »

Is it possible for you to put it on http://www.renpy.org/shop so it indirectly funds Ren'Py development? I'm even willing to forego the discount if the funds would be redirected thus.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Heya. I've been playing the demo for a little, and I just talked to Kizaki.
The game is freaking me out a bit. I guess that's a good thing.
There was this line that made me chuckle a bit.
Kizaki: 'I have an exam soon, and I come here a lot because it's a quiet place with no distractions.'

I guess this might be different in other places, but every time I go to a coffee place, it's crowded. -_-; Perhaps business is not doing so well.
deviantART
---------------------

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by sake-bento »

Ren wrote:So, this is going to be an episodic game?
Indeed it will be.

Ren wrote: Bought it today, I just have a couple of questions: is it OK for me to install it at home AND at work? I tried uninstalling the Jisei demo after having installed the full version, but I can't seem to be able to get rid of the folder itself, while all the files inside it are gone. I get an error message saying that a program is using that folder, to try and close the folder or program and try again.
I'm sure the folder is closed and no program is using it, though...
Weird. Uninstalling the demo works fine for the computers I tested it on. I'll see if I can get my hands on some more and figure out the issue. And you can install Jisei on up to two computers. If you want to install more, just ask; I'll probably say yes.

DaFool wrote:Is it possible for you to put it on http://www.renpy.org/shop so it indirectly funds Ren'Py development? I'm even willing to forego the discount if the funds would be redirected thus.
That's right! I totally forgot about that. Yeah, definitely. I'd love to help support Ren'Py development.

Ren

#10 Post by Ren »

lepapillonrouge wrote:
There was this line that made me chuckle a bit.
Kizaki: 'I have an exam soon, and I come here a lot because it's a quiet place with no distractions.'

I guess this might be different in other places, but every time I go to a coffee place, it's crowded. -_-; Perhaps business is not doing so well.
Well, if you played the whole demo, that has an easy explanation. :P

(unless I'm misunderstanding the reason behind him saying that.)

Edit: sudden game-tester instinct - there's a "awhile" floating there in the script. Sorry, didn't take a note of where, it was very late at night when I played. I'm pretty sure it was one of Kizaki's lines, and it was in the demo, most likely, I couldn't have possibly played that much, even though I was awake until 2AM. :/

Edit edit: weirdly, trying to delete the demo folder today, after having shut down the PC, worked.
Last edited by Ren on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jake
Support Hero

#11 Post by Jake »

sake-bento wrote:
Indeed it will be.
So, from the point of view of a suddenly-worried potential customer: is the thing that you've put up for sale a complete beginning-middle-end story that you may reuse the characters and settings of for future 'episodes', or when you say 'episodic' do you mean 'it's the first part of the story which will be completed in later installments'?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#12 Post by jack_norton »

Played it, excellent work! Presentation wise is the best VN I've seen so far (much better than mine). Maybe the only downside is that could be a bit short? (not sure, I'm just guessing). Well worth the asking price anyway. Thumbs up :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Mirage
Veteran

#13 Post by Mirage »

How long is this game? How many endings are there? I am tempted to buy :D

P.S. I found a typo. When talking to Kizaki, Suspicious was mispelled.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by sake-bento »

Ren wrote:Edit: sudden game-tester instinct - there's a "awhile" floating there in the script. Sorry, didn't take a note of where, it was very late at night when I played. I'm pretty sure it was one of Kizaki's lines, and it was in the demo, most likely, I couldn't have possibly played that much, even though I was awake until 2AM. :/
Thanks. I try to avoid using "awhile," although I think it's technically okay? Either way, I'll look for it. >.>

Jake wrote:
sake-bento wrote:
Indeed it will be.
So, from the point of view of a suddenly-worried potential customer: is the thing that you've put up for sale a complete beginning-middle-end story that you may reuse the characters and settings of for future 'episodes', or when you say 'episodic' do you mean 'it's the first part of the story which will be completed in later installments'?
It's something like the Detective Conan, Spiral, or Detective Academy Q series. Each episode is a single, standalone case, but there's an overarching story involving the Black Organization/Blade Children/Pluto Organization that ties all of the cases together. Jisei is a complete case. There are implications of a deeper plot, and the ending implies that a second case is coming, but the murder introduced in the demo is solved in this game.

Mirage wrote:How long is this game? How many endings are there? I am tempted to buy :D

P.S. I found a typo. When talking to Kizaki, Suspicious was mispelled.
A single play through if you do everything right and nab the culprit on the first go is about an hour and a half. There are two distinct endings and a third one with many variations. And thank you for the typo alert~

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#15 Post by azureXtwilight »

Played the demo and I say it's great! So how many episodes do you plan, actually?