[Artist Needed] How to Be a Successful Villain

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

[Artist Needed] How to Be a Successful Villain

#1 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Summary

So, you've finally decided to quash those worthless inhibitions, cast aside your inconsequential existence in favor of something a little more...high profile, and take your rightful place high above the mundane society in which you've heretofore been wasting your life. Good for you! Don't start polishing that death ray just yet, though. The road to infamy is one of many hairpin turns, steep inclines, and unmarked dirt roads that you'll almost certainly miss if you don't know what you're looking for. Luckily, this crash course simulator will not only tell you everything you need to know about being a successful villain, it will also show you just how prepared (or not!) you are to let the world know you mean business! So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start preparing to be a successful villain--right from the comfort of your own home! Maniacal laughter not included.

Features

Set Your Type
Costumed, otherworldly, super genius, or just plain crazy? Although it is best to choose honestly, it might not be a bad idea to complete the simulation with other types...for educational purposes, of course.
Pick Your Name
One of, if not THE most important step to becoming a successful villain! A good name should invoke fear and demand respect. Nothing is worse than being privately ridiculed by subjects who should be quaking with fear (rather than laughter) whenever you are mentioned.
Choose Your Goal
Ah, to blow up the world or enslave the human race...That is the real question! But, for simplicities sake, this simulator only allows you to choose one goal at a time. There'll be plenty of time to bite off more than you can chew once the real villainy begins!
Test Your Knowledge
Don't just jump into an epic showdown with your arch-nemesis unprepared! These questions are designed to test your current aptitude for terror and destruction.
See Yourself in Action
Rather than simply tell you whether or not a trip to V Academy is in order, this simulator will actually SHOW you the consequences of your responses on the aptitude assessment!
Get Scored
The moment of truth! Your score card will let you know whether it's time to start picking out perspective minions, or if you should give some serious consideration to begging your boss down at the burger flipping joint for that job back.
Unlock Different Game Modes
Rewards for...certain achievements, if you will.
Reveal Alternate Endings
Although the main goal of this simulator is to prepare you for your new life of dastardly deeds, even future villains could use a good humor-rather-than-suffering-induced laugh once in a while. Hence these Easter eggs!

Available Positions
Line Artist
Background Artist
Colorist
Composer
Editor
Last edited by Tsuki-chan on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

Re: [Recruiting] How to Be a Successful Villain

#2 Post by playswithtribbles »

Ok I love this idea!!!!!

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!!!!!

A chance to let out my diabolical side... To crush those insignificant pissants, still squirming, under my heel. Oh, what sweet seductive imagery...

To rule this pitiful world and claim what is rightfully mine. Power. Dark Power.
To see the end result of dedicated planning, and my wicked thoughts. The accumulation of every cruel, unusual action... Leading to the ultimate victory... Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!

'coughs' "hem"

Well anyways, Looking forward. Keep up the good, I mean evil, work. Sorry to say I don't have enough time to help out with this.
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#3 Post by Chansel »

My God, this sounds epic!
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by lepapillonrouge »

This is a work of genius.
deviantART
---------------------

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#5 Post by Tsuki-chan »

playswithtribbles - You, my friend, are well on your way to becoming a successful villain! Or so it seems. But, remember this: Many have set out set out to destroy the world, and many have failed. It isn't enough to be able to "talk the talk". The only way you'll know for certain if you are actually ready...is to complete this simulation! It is the absolute. Only. Way.

Chansel - Why yes, it does.
(Lesson 1: There is no room for modesty if one is to succeed as a villain.)
But really, thank you...xD

lepapillonrouge - Yes, yes I am.
(Please see Lesson 1.)
Seriously, though, that's quite a compliment! Here's hoping I can put together a team fairly quickly. I'm really eager to start working on this!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#6 Post by LVUER »

Hahahaha... how's that sound, villain enough?

This is interesting, good idea!
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#7 Post by Tsuki-chan »

LVUER - Ah...I, uh, don't want to discourage you or anything. But, for the sake of upholding the sanctity of villainhood, that was terrible.
Ah, well. That's what the simulator is for!
(Lesson 2: ALWAYS be brutally honest. If you ever try to spare anyone's feelings, you will automatically be stripped of half your minions and subjects.)
Thanks, though!
Last edited by Tsuki-chan on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Riviera »

Editor meaning dialogue, right? I've done that pretty frequently.. I could help out with that.

I don't have a lot of posts here to back me up, though. ^_^;

I have helped out on a lot of game mods and am currently helping out with the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side First Love Plus english translation, though. If that counts for anything (and it may not). XD
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#9 Post by Tsuki-chan »

(What NOT to do:)

Yes, you would be editing the script...^^
You're clearly able to write proper sentences, so I'm certain you'd be a fine editor...XP
Welcome to the team!

(Lesson 3: Never ASK one of your subjects for help; COMMAND it. Even if your subject offers to help, which should happen more frequently the longer your reign of terror continues, command them anyway.)

Evangeline
Regular

Re: [Artist Needed] How to Be a Successful Villain

#10 Post by Evangeline »

Fufufufu... finally, a project that is worthy of my evil genius! Excellent! Swear eternal allegiance to me and I might - MIGHT condescend to lend you a small portion of my dark powers, the depths of which you mere mortals cannot even begin to fathom. Together we shall unleash the unholy demons of hell unto all humankind, and together we shall laugh as we luxuriate in their bloody screams of agony!

Okay I think I should stop now.

But yeah, I think this project is epic and amazing and I would love to be involved with it. I have no artistic skills whatsoever, but I'm currently the head writer of a collaborative VN project (WIP), and so if you need an extra editor, I'd be extremely happy to help.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Riviera »

KK, just PM or email me whatever you need looked over, and I'll get my Ninja Kitten Army (tm) to bring it to me during snacky time, where I will dictate any changes needed to one of them.

If there are claw marks on any documents, let me know so that proper punishment may be meted out.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#12 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Evangeline
Were it not beneath me, I might find your enthusiasm admirable. However, I should destroy you where you stand for even suggesting that I would require any sort of assistance in putting these insignificant peons in their place. Next time it occurs to you that you might need assistance accomplishing something that I could only too easily on my own, I suggest that you get down on your knees and beg.
On another note, I wouldn't mind having an additional editor...^^
Mind if I ask what project you're currently involved in?

Riviera
Sounds like a plan!
Although, if any documents should return to me in less than perfect condition while under your care, you'd better hope that I don't show up at your doorstep at all.

Evangeline
Regular

#13 Post by Evangeline »

Awesome! I'm part of a doujin circle called InfiniMoe. We're just starting out and our very first project is as yet unnamed.

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#14 Post by Tsuki-chan »

(Anti-Lesson #2 )

Looks good so far!
I wish you and your team lots of luck...^^

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei