Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Jisei (Supernatural, mystery, commercial)

#16 Post by sake-bento »

azureXtwilight wrote:Played the demo and I say it's great! So how many episodes do you plan, actually?
I'm glad you liked it. ^.^ Current plan is five installments.

I also got a fantastically positive review on Mania.com, which makes me very happy. Stop by and give it a look, should you so desire.
http://www.mania.com/jisei-visual-novel ... 23122.html

Jake
Support Hero

#17 Post by Jake »

Server error: user 'Jake' not found

tooaya
Regular

#18 Post by tooaya »

Played the demo today, and it looks amazing~ *__* <3 (lol I'm almost tempted to buy the game, if I did it'll be the first VN I purchase >3> )

Anyway, the art's great, and I'm sooooo jealous of Deji's awesome background skills. *drools at the details* The characters got very distinctive personalities, which is very nice. (lawl, Kizaki reminds me of Shiro owo *bricked* ) I think I can learn a lot from playing this game too, from the organization to positions to style...

One thing though, and maybe it's because the game screen's too big to fit on my widescreen laptop: I can't seem to find an auto option, is there one in the game? o_-

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by sake-bento »

Jake wrote:Coincidence?
Yes, but I might pretend it isn't. >.> I did give Mikolaj a distinctly Polish name on purpose, though. While he's not SUPER Polish Pride or anything, his background does shape his personality.

tooaya wrote:(lawl, Kizaki reminds me of Shiro owo *bricked* )
Nyahaha...shy guys are fun. >.>

tooaya wrote: One thing though, and maybe it's because the game screen's too big to fit on my widescreen laptop: I can't seem to find an auto option, is there one in the game? o_-
It's an option on the menu screen. By adjusting the auto speed, you turn it on and off.

Muse
Regular

#20 Post by Muse »

Love the game. It was a fairly short, but still very good. I think I got best ending first time, somewhere over an hour but definitely under two. It wasn't very long, but it was good. The voice acting, writing, and art is excellent.
Well that's what I'm assuming, since you got to figure out who the voice was and you essentially get a job offer with these other special/psychic guys. I arrested the mean-suit-lady whose name escapes me at the moment. I haven't gotten the other two endings yet... I read there are 3 endings, but didn't see anything on this post; so how many are there?
I love the characters, but I've only gotten one ending. Sounds like an interesting plot, and the theme song is awesome!

In some ways it almost felt a bit short, but... If a game is too long, it overstays it's welcome, and this game definitely left me wanting more, which is where a game should leave off... So great job on that! Looking forward to more episodes! :D

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by sake-bento »

Muse wrote:Love the game. It was a fairly short, but still very good. I think I got best ending first time, somewhere over an hour but definitely under two. It wasn't very long, but it was good. The voice acting, writing, and art is excellent.
Well that's what I'm assuming, since you got to figure out who the voice was and you essentially get a job offer with these other special/psychic guys. I arrested the mean-suit-lady whose name escapes me at the moment. I haven't gotten the other two endings yet... I read there are 3 endings, but didn't see anything on this post; so how many are there?
There are two distinct endings, and a third sort of variable one. You definitely got the good/best/true ending already. If you fail to guess the culprit correctly, you either get arrested or Detective Gurski takes you off the case. Pretty much a dud ending and not really worth looking at. You can also get arrested if you spend too much time examining the crime scene. There's also a premature ending that comes if you don't build up enough trust with Chance, then you tell her you don't like her idea of some unrelated person being the murderer. There's a little hint in there about her identity, the protagonist, and things to come if you're curious, but it won't make sense until later, and if you've seen the epilogue, then you already have a good idea about Chance's identity.

Muse
Regular

#22 Post by Muse »

sake-bento wrote:
Muse wrote:Love the game. It was a fairly short, but still very good. I think I got best ending first time, somewhere over an hour but definitely under two. It wasn't very long, but it was good. The voice acting, writing, and art is excellent.
There are two distinct endings, and a third sort of variable one. You definitely got the good/best/true ending already. If you fail to guess the culprit correctly, you either get arrested or Detective Gurski takes you off the case. Pretty much a dud ending and not really worth looking at. You can also get arrested if you spend too much time examining the crime scene. There's also a premature ending that comes if you don't build up enough trust with Chance, then you tell her you don't like her idea of some unrelated person being the murderer. There's a little hint in there about her identity, the protagonist, and things to come if you're curious, but it won't make sense until later, and if you've seen the epilogue, then you already have a good idea about Chance's identity.
Thank you very much! I'll look into those last little bits for now anyway, so I appreciate the additional information.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Cain0425 »

how come when i play the game the guy i play as does not have name? but nice game i did buy it to lol i love your art work

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by sake-bento »

Cain0425 wrote:how come when i play the game the guy i play as does not have name? but nice game i did buy it to lol i love your art work
He's a secretive sort of dude. He doesn't like giving out his name. I originally wrote Jisei as a comic, and the entire first chapter went by without his name being mentioned. He does get a name in the second chapter, though.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Cain0425 »

it comic where can i read it and when the second chapter coming out

Esphirisa
Regular

#26 Post by Esphirisa »

Tried the demo ^_^ I just love solving mysteries. Good job.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by sake-bento »

Cain0425 wrote:it comic where can i read it and when the second chapter coming out
I can't give a solid release date for the second chapter, but we have already started work on it. ^_- It will be at least a few months, as the next installment will be longer than this one.

As for the comic, I've taken it offline because there have been some changes that would cause the comic and the game to conflict. Also, it's very old and it's somewhat embarrassing to look back on my art from that time. >.>

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by lepapillonrouge »

So, I finished the demo...-freaking out-
Edit:
...are you telling me that Kizaki is going out with the mysterious voice? XD
(was looking at their voice actor's websites. Wow, Kizaki's works for Funimation?

YOU GOT KIRBOPHER TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU?!
Oh God. How do you get these connections? Although it has nothing to do with the VN, but I love his animation for LittleKuriboh's Leather Pants.

I'll never see the detective the same again. Never. -shot-
Hopefully I can find the time to buy it. I don't have a credit card or anything, and I doubt my parents would let me use theirs to buy a game -_-;; I wish you guys were coming to Anime Expo.
deviantART
---------------------

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Cain0425 »

okay thanks is there going to be like 3 or 4 games of this?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by sake-bento »

lepapillonrouge wrote:
...are you telling me that Kizaki is going out with the mysterious voice? XD
(was looking at their voice actor's websites. Wow, Kizaki's works for Funimation?

YOU GOT KIRBOPHER TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU?!
Oh God. How do you get these connections? Although it has nothing to do with the VN, but I love his animation for LittleKuriboh's Leather Pants.

I'll never see the detective the same again. Never. -shot-
Heh...
Chance's VA works for Bang Zoom, too. : D
I could just say that I'm really that good or my natural charisma attracts talent, but it's more like I'm just really lucky that I know pretty much everyone (especially in FUNimation). As for Kizaki and the mysterious voice, yes the voice actors are dating. If I say anything about the characters, I think that'll be a spoiler, though. XD
Cain0425 wrote:okay thanks is there going to be like 3 or 4 games of this?
Right now, the series is planned to wrap up in five games total.