[Artist Needed] How to Be a Successful Villain

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: [Artist Needed] How to Be a Successful Villain

#16 Post by azureXtwilight »

This game is going to be epic, I know this.

Time to test how villainous I a.m..

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#17 Post by Tsuki-chan »

sake-bento - I've worked too long and too hard for my respect as a denizen of the darkside, thanks.
Actually, I think it sounds pretty funny...xD

azureXtwilight - I do my part to ensure that the balance of good and evil remains tipped in our favor. As such, I feel that it is my duty to remind you that, even if you fail miserably, there are always minion positions available!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#18 Post by LVUER »

If I fail to be a bad guy (which I could be, because my evil laugh is bad), I will never become minions... I will become the hero instead. I will kick any villain I could meet, because I'm jealous of their evil laugh!
Last edited by LVUER on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#19 Post by Starling »

This... sounds so amusing. Ahhhh~~ I want to jump on this and help as an artist DX... But I don't know if any of my styles would suit a villainous display of awesomeness... that and I'll probably kill myself while trying to finish all the art for my summer project VN........ but.. gaaaahhhhh... *explodes*

(Good luck either way though... and if when I'm done with about half my CG Sprites for my game, you still don't have an artist for line art I will send you to my DA and you can see if you like anything of miiiine)
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#20 Post by ludeshka »

LISTEN, pawn who goes by the name of Tsuki-chan.

It has come to my knowledge that you're in search of an artist/colorist

If, and only if, there is not a super tight schedule that requires art to be done a.s.a.p, then we might, might come to terms and collaborate on this endeavor. (This evil entity has her own VN to think of first)

ALSO! This pure embodiment of evil cannot exactly convey her powers in the shape of manga or anime. THIS http://www.ludeshka.deviantart.com/gallery is this evil entity's level of power. It is not yet over nine thousand.

If her power levels are not compatible, this entity can also be considered a colorist.
Consider this entity a colorist. Consider it. Now.

kantocan1
Regular

#21 Post by kantocan1 »

Seems interesting, if completed it will probably be well on becoming a very nice game.

Too bad I don't have an evil side 90% of the time, the 10%, well, I get verrrrry nasty mwahaha!
The rest of the time i'm wayy too happy for that to happen!
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

Eucila

#22 Post by Eucila »

I just want to second what everyone else has: EPIC idea, original, looking forward to it, etc. I'll definitely be stalking keeping up with the development of this project. :D

[sits in dark mansion while twirling mustache as lightning flashes in the background]
The only problem is whether the game will be able to handle my pure evilness fufufufu~

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#23 Post by sheetcakeghost »

I do love this idea. I hope you find a suitable artist for it. If you decide to add any voices I will be able to help you. I'm not a composer, but I have added sound effect touches to music I've remixed to make something that sounds unique. If you feel you want something steampunk sounding I may be able to help in some ways. I have a keen ear for sound levels regardless.

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#24 Post by Tsuki-chan »

LVUER - Now, now, there's no need to sell yourself short. Contrary to popular belief, the 'evil laugh' doesn't always come naturally. Rather than spelling out your own demise by becoming a hero, why not just practice?

Starling - I do hope that this other project of yours promotes villainy in some way. Certainly it must, for I can see no other reason to place more importance on it than a simulator with the sole purpose of bringing more worthwhile villains into this world.
On another note, thanks for the luck, and good luck to you as well! I wouldn't mind taking a peek through your gallery, regardless...^^

ludeshka - ...Because it is my job to increase the villain population, and because I assume that you are either new at this or lacking several brain cells, I'll go ahead and let that 'pawn' comment slide.

While I do approve of your 'dark' sort of style, I'm not quite certain it suits my purposes in this particular endeavor.
But, I really do appreciate the offer! I wish you lots of luck with your own project...^^

kantocan1 - Ah, a classic case of 'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'. You may well have a shot at achieving a descent score on this simulation.
Thank you for you interest!

Eucila - Yes, it is good to know that you all know quality when you see it.
(Please refer to Pg. 1, Lesson 1)
I do hope no one is taking this too seriously...x.x;
Heh. I do appreciate a good lack of modesty. But, I assure you, if it can handle me, it most certainly won't have any trouble handling anyone else.

serenity-blue - (Anti-Lesson #3)
Thank you...^^
I'm certain I will, eventually, because I won't stop looking until I do...XP

Would you happen to have any samples of your work that I could listen to?
I'm still tossing around the idea of including voices, so I wouldn't mind a voice sample as well, if you've got it.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#25 Post by Starling »

Tsuki-chan: I may just continue checking this for the brilliance of your replies XD~ And there is a small shot of villainy in my endeavor but as my logical side has banned me from speaking of my project until I get to a certain point I shall say no more.

And if you wanna look: http://kikuhito.deviantart.com/ You will notice the lack of consistency in my style 8D XD''''''''
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#26 Post by sheetcakeghost »

You can check out my youtube page. I've made soundsets for NWN and a couple auditions are on it for an abridged series. That should give you a good idea of my range. As for the music, well I can't show that off until we've completed the pilot episode. I did it for a cartoon series that I write and we're getting the kinks out of the first episode still. It'll be up soon enough though and I'll happily send a link to it then. (The cartoon, by the way, is all about the world of evil geniuses and mad science. Co-winky-dink, eh?)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TekimenKasui

Both the soundsets and the auditions have a playlist so they'll be easy to find.

Nessiah
Regular
Completed: Valthirian Arc
Projects: DollMaker

#27 Post by Nessiah »

Oh wow this is awesome, this is like Princess Maker in a way, except, VILLAIN MAKER.
Totally support this project 'w')b
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#28 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Princess Maker was a brutal mistress.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Riviera »

It really was. My girl-childs all ended up emo-brats who constantly ran away and were too stressed to work. They didn't care we were nearly dropping dead from starvation and broke as the liberty bell. THEY DIDN'T WANT TO WORK WAH WAH WAHHHH.

I pity any future children I might have. TO THE SWEATSHOPS WITH YOU, MOMMA WANTS A NEW CAR.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Dusk2Dusk

#30 Post by Dusk2Dusk »

Kihihihi...this sounds like it is going to be interesting, I look forward to when it is finished >8D