RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo)

#136 Post by chelxoxo »

I wrote 5,000 words today and fixed up a mini-game. ^^ I'm feeling productive.
I'm not making a game... but I wrote 1000 words today after an inspirationally dead three month block, too! It's a breakthrough!!!!!!
Let us bask in glorious productive-ness :D

@azurextwilight: Seeing as you're quite relevant to this post, I'm thanking you again! ^_^
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#137 Post by Starling »

This did not appear first posting-why lemma whyyyyyyyyyyyy... ... anyway onto my real post:

GO GO Power.. Aleema? XD (yay for my childhood and power rangers!)

Seriously though, play with teeth... I had this image of emmitt doing it even though he plays drums and not a guitar... and I just see him in my head nomming at a guitar attempting to be awesome...
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#138 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow... Looks really cool, so I wanna know how this mini game works? :)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#139 Post by Aleema »

chelxoxo wrote:I'm not making a game... but I wrote 1000 words today after an inspirationally dead three month block, too! It's a breakthrough!!!!!!
Let us bask in glorious productive-ness :D
Congrats!! I know the pains of a writer's block! And I know how good it feels to finally write again! So, yes! Let's party like it's 1999!

I'm curious about your "Project" in your profile. Which otome game are you novelizing? Maybe I played it. :D
Starling wrote:GO GO Power.. Aleema? XD (yay for my childhood and power rangers!)

Seriously though, play with teeth... I had this image of emmitt doing it even though he plays drums and not a guitar... and I just see him in my head nomming at a guitar attempting to be awesome...
I'm the SABERTOOTHED TIGER! Go yellow!

LMAO @ Emmitt nomming on a guitar. Cute overload!! xD
azureXtwilight wrote:Wow... Looks really cool, so I wanna know how this mini game works? :)
Sure! The mini-game works basically like dstarsboy explained on the first page. The "audience interest" bar steadily depletes over the the course of time (longer time for harder venues). Using an action will either boost the bar, slow it's depletion, or stop it completely for a certain amount of time. Using actions will require energy, which will start off at 100 points per band member, BUT will be reduced by how much stress each band member has. In the screenshot, all the band members had 0 stress, but Emmitt had 15 stress (*shakes fist at emmitt*). So you get 385 energy ([100 x 4] - 15). I haven't really tested it thoroughly for balance, so I might reduce the stress penalty if you constantly get low energy per gig.

If you have more than 8 actions unlocked, what you get per gig is random. (And no, I'm not changing the random thing. It makes it more interesting.) You can unlock actions by raising star quality and music.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#140 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aleema wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:Wow... Looks really cool, so I wanna know how this mini game works? :)
Sure! The mini-game works basically like dstarsboy explained on the first page. The "audience interest" bar steadily depletes over the the course of time (longer time for harder venues). Using an action will either boost the bar, slow it's depletion, or stop it completely for a certain amount of time. Using actions will require energy, which will start off at 100 points per band member, BUT will be reduced by how much stress each band member has. In the screenshot, all the band members had 0 stress, but Emmitt had 15 stress (*shakes fist at emmitt*). So you get 385 energy ([100 x 4] - 15). I haven't really tested it thoroughly for balance, so I might reduce the stress penalty if you constantly get low energy per gig.

If you have more than 8 actions unlocked, what you get per gig is random. (And no, I'm not changing the random thing. It makes it more interesting.) You can unlock actions by raising star quality and music.
What we get? Cash you mean?
Anyway, that system means that we have to think strategically about which button to press according to the crowd and energy... Is it possible to get good results even though we only have one song?
:D

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#141 Post by Aleema »

azureXtwilight wrote:What we get? Cash you mean?
Anyway, that system means that we have to think strategically about which button to press according to the crowd and energy... Is it possible to get good results even though we only have one song?
:D
Hmm, I meant what actions you get per gig (as this mini-game will play before each gig unless you turn it off).
Your score in this mini-game and your stats will combined to make one big music score (if mini-games are on), which will determine how much money you get. :D

dstarsboy
Veteran

#142 Post by dstarsboy »

Aleema wrote: Sure! The mini-game works basically like dstarsboy explained on the first page. The "audience interest" bar steadily depletes over the the course of time (longer time for harder venues). Using an action will either boost the bar, slow it's depletion, or stop it completely for a certain amount of time. Using actions will require energy, which will start off at 100 points per band member, BUT will be reduced by how much stress each band member has. In the screenshot, all the band members had 0 stress, but Emmitt had 15 stress (*shakes fist at emmitt*). So you get 385 energy ([100 x 4] - 15). I haven't really tested it thoroughly for balance, so I might reduce the stress penalty if you constantly get low energy per gig.

Your idea is way better than mine was. I'm glad you got some inspiration from it though. Your mini game sounds really solid, you'll probably just have to make a few tweaks for balance but it sounds like you really nailed it. Grats!
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Yunome
Regular

#143 Post by Yunome »

azureXtwilight wrote:
chelxoxo wrote: I. Want. This. Game.

O.O
Me too!

*cheering Aleema on*
Me three! Aleema you are so talented! You can do it! Go,go,go!!

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#144 Post by Victoria »

Me four. :shock:
I'm drowning in its awesomeness. And I think I don't want to emerge.
*Working on my dramatic skills*
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#145 Post by Chansel »

Wow, that screenshot is looking sweet!
Man, you're so talented. *is crazily jealous*
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

chelxoxo
Regular

#146 Post by chelxoxo »

I'm curious about your "Project" in your profile. Which otome game are you novelizing? Maybe I played it. :D
It's Fantasia! :mrgreen: :oops: I just hope that I can do it well ^_^ I've let azure see the prologue chapter and she liked it, so hopefully all will go well :)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#147 Post by Aleema »

dstarsboy wrote:Your idea is way better than mine was. I'm glad you got some inspiration from it though. Your mini game sounds really solid, you'll probably just have to make a few tweaks for balance but it sounds like you really nailed it. Grats!
Aww, take some credit, will you? I would have never thought to do this without your helpful idea.

@ Yunome, Victoria, Chansel: You guys are too nice!! Thank you for the encouragement!! :D
chelxoxo wrote:It's Fantasia! :mrgreen: :oops: I just hope that I can do it well ^_^ I've let azure see the prologue chapter and she liked it, so hopefully all will go well :)
Uwaaah! An otome game right from our very forum! That's so cool! Now I'm even more interested in your project. ;)

chelxoxo
Regular

#148 Post by chelxoxo »

Aleema wrote:Uwaaah! An otome game right from our very forum! That's so cool! Now I'm even more interested in your project. ;)
I know! It's so exciting!! I just love Azure's games, and my muse started having a fit when I opened Word to do some coursework (yup, oops... :lol: ) When I have a few more chapters, I may post it on here! :mrgreen: I'd love to share my writing with everyone :D

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#149 Post by Riviera »

Yes, please post it up here somewhere! Or link it! :)

On a thread-relevant note. I am watching.. and waiting. I'll have my own band yet!
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

chelxoxo
Regular

#150 Post by chelxoxo »

Just played the demo again... and I must admit that I laughed at the preset band name 'Your Toxic Paradise'! My Chemical Romance, anyone? :D Though admittedly, YTP is a very cool band name........ *steals* :twisted:

Nah, I actually called my band Century's End... goodness knows why... I think time stretches seem to be becoming first choice names now, hm? :lol:

Gosh, usually I'm a sucker for the bad-boy types in games, but I saw Dallas and it was *LOVE*. I wonder who I'll chase~ :roll:

@Riviera: I've set myself a work mark. When I reach it, I'm going to post. Thank you for your enthusiasm!! It's motivating me! :D