Get Job Get Love / Find Love (RPG Maker)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Get Job Get Love / Find Love (RPG Maker)

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

[On June 14 2010, I edited the topic title, so that the similar game "Find Love" would be mentioned.]

This is another "no, this isn't mine, but I found it on the internet" topic. :D

Something I stumbled across today while browsing the Rpgmakervx.net forums -- a free fan-made ren'ai game titled "Get Job Get Love" at http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=29656 . It was created with one of the recent RPG Maker programs, so it may only work with Windows PCs. I'll download the game and see if it works on my aging computer.

Looking through the first forum post, I saw a lot of potential -- male and female leads, and several ways to increase NPCs' affection. But the screens included flawed spelling and grammar.
Last edited by gekiganwing on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

nagirinara
Regular
Projects: World Academy, Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn

Re: Get Job Get Love (RPG Maker)

#2 Post by nagirinara »

Actually, the poor grammar and spelling made it unplayable for me. I liked the idea, but I just couldn't get over the poor English.
It's Nagi Rinara: Nagi-san or Rinara-chan, not Nagirinara-san. <--- Seriously, don't do it.

Currently making:
World Academy - Version Gilbo
Currently helping:
Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn
Finished:
None =T.T=

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Get Job Get Love (RPG Maker)

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

nagirinara wrote:Actually, the poor grammar and spelling made it unplayable for me...
I agree -- the dialogue was quite weak. But if you're willing to give this game a second chance, it now has a "grammar fix" patch.

On the same forum, I also found an RPG Maker XP (VX?) game simply called "Find Love." The project thread at http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=31500 currently states that it has been revised several times, and it's now at version 1.1c. I'll give it a chance soon.

IanaBri
Regular

Re: Get Job Get Love / Find Love (RPG Maker)

#4 Post by IanaBri »

I was really interested in the game when I saw what it was all about, but I guess it's only in some format I can't use (rar.) or something like that. Is there somewhere else that I would be able to get it?

Theres also this game that is supposed to be like "Get Job/Find Love" called just "Find Love" and I downloaded it, but when I tried to run the game, it said RGSS202E.dll could not be found. There is this thing in the folder though called 'Game.rgss2a' and I just don't know. I have a Microsoft Windows Vista computer I think and I just want to play the freaking game.

*Sigh. :? I'm frustrated and confused...Can I get some help.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Showsni »

.rar needs something like Winrar to unzip it. Try searching google, I think there are some free versions.

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#6 Post by linkdragon0 »

Jzip is a free version. It's what I use.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

IanaBri
Regular

#7 Post by IanaBri »

Thanks for that. And now I've downloaded the file and I have the game but it's still saying that RGSS202E.dll could not be found. Maybe I should just forget about this...

jadacamilla
Regular

#8 Post by jadacamilla »

i think the problem is not the zip program but the file itself... either it got corrupted or something went wrong when they updated it. maybe you should check their forums that is if you still hadn't given up on it (I, on the other hand, won't give it a shot because i can't stand bad grammars)

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Riviera »

Yeah, I had to google the RPG VX RTP and RGSS202E files.. once I got them both into the main folder it worked like a charm.

Pity you have to jump through so many hoops in it... you have to literally sit around and wait and wait and wait for nighttime to come in FL so you can pick flowers.. then you give the boys one flower per day.. and talk.. and talk.. and there are no meters so you don't know how well you're doing..

The jobs pay very little too. But they have bugs that let you talk to a certain character and get 100g endlessly.. sooooooo.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

IanaBri
Regular

#10 Post by IanaBri »

Riviera wrote:Yeah, I had to google the RPG VX RTP and RGSS202E files.. once I got them both into the main folder it worked like a charm.

Pity you have to jump through so many hoops in it... you have to literally sit around and wait and wait and wait for nighttime to come in FL so you can pick flowers.. then you give the boys one flower per day.. and talk.. and talk.. and there are no meters so you don't know how well you're doing..

The jobs pay very little too. But they have bugs that let you talk to a certain character and get 100g endlessly.. sooooooo.

Do you mind telling me where you found them or do I just put the file name in the google search engine?