Starry Night Blues [GxB] (BG help!!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SugarlessGiiRL
Regular
Projects: Starry Night Blues [GxB]

Starry Night Blues [GxB] (BG help!!)

#1 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

thanks to littleramyun for taking care of the spelling mistakes :)

"During that summer night, underneath the starry sky, I lost and found something very important to me."
Kasuga has lost her family memento, but while searching for it she finds something else- her first love. However, her love story has ended before it's even begun. He already has a girlfriend and, on top of that, a creepy stalker?! Well, who cares? Kasuga definitely doesn't! She decides to transfer to his high school and win him over! Somehow, she manages to become the manager of his dorm, the Special Dorm, and finds out that his name is Shou Masuda. But what is up with Shou's twin Kou, and why is that stalker here too?! All members of S-Dorm seem to have a secret, and soon Kasuga will find out they aren't called "special" for nothing....

Long Summary
This story is about Kasuga, an orphaned high school student. Despite her harsh past, she has a happy-go-lucky attitude and is always positive. During her summer vacation, Kasuga loses her family memento while attending a festival. She returns the next day to search for it, but the memento is nowhere to be found. It's beginning to get dark when a boy approaches her. He offers to help her since he is looking for something as well. Kasuga finally gives up. There's no way she can find it! The boy apologizes for not being able to help and goes to the shrine to pray for her. Amazed by such kindness, Kasuga decides that this guy is definitely "first love material"! She follows him to ask his name, but alas! He wasn't searching for "something" but for "someone"- his girlfriend! She realizes that she's not the only one watching the couple. Hiding in the shadows is another guy... and he's crying?! Well hello there creepy stalker! Think these are reasons to give up? No? Good, because Kasuga doesn't think so either!! Determined to win over her new love, she decides to transfer to his school. The only problem is he goes to the prestigious and way-too-expensive XXXX High. But Kasuga is determined! She begs the Principal, "Please let me attend this school! I'll do anything!" Kasuga is in luck because the Special Dorm manager just quit! On top of that, her true love, Shou Masuda, is a member of S-Dorm! Absorbed in happiness, Kasuga fails to realize a few things. Why would the old dorm manager suddenly resign? What's so "special" about the people in S-Dorm anyway? And who was that creepy stalker? Find out in Starry Night Blues!

The Heroine
Kasuga Amamiya

Vote please!! Which looks best?!
1: 4 Votes
2: 3 Votes
3: 1 Vote

sry i was pretty lazy, btw i suck at colouring =_____=v

ImageImage

The Descriptions will follow later~
Shou Masuda
kinda coloured ...
very creative parents x'D
Kou Masuda
only the outline :D
Tomoe Anzai

i don't really know i should handle the BGs :? i can find neither anything i need using photographs nor background drawings, because there is always something missing :( anyone knows a good source?? or does someone want to draw BGs (though i guess not xD)
Last edited by SugarlessGiiRL on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageRecruiting!! If you're interested pls help

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Starry Night Blues [GxB] (Recruiting!!)

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hehe, I like your art! To draw a guy, you should make the jaw a bit longer than girls and make the eyes smaller. Also, girls have "round" body while guys have "rectangle" body.
*cheers on you*

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular

#3 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

thanks a lot for the advise!! :) i'm trying hard to learn how to draw guys properly, but they kinda end up looking like Kanji Monroe!! x'D

chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

#4 Post by chelxoxo »

I like your art too :) It's not perfect, but it's unique and has its own charm. All I can advise is that you make the guy's body larger, or his head a bit smaller, because it looks a teensy bit out of proportion. Other than that, I really like the hairstyle you've given your main character, and your storyline sounds intriguing. I want to know what the S-dorm is 'special' for! :)

Hmm, I'd normally say I liked the first sketch best (I dislike the colour pink -_-) but on your character it makes her look peachy. Hence, I vote for drawing #2.

P.S. Oh? Oh? I see the word 'twin'... might it be an evil twin? Ahaha... >: D
Last edited by chelxoxo on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular

#5 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

chelxoxo wrote:I like your art too :) It's not perfect, but it's unique and has its own charm. All I can advise is that you make the guy's body larger, or his head a bit smaller, because it looks a teensy bit out of proportion. Other than that, I really like the hairstyle you've given your main character, and your storyline sounds intruiging. I want to know what the S-dorm is 'special' for! :)

Hmm, I'd normally say I liked the first sketch best (I dislike the colour pink -_-) but on your character it makes her look peachy. Hence, I vote for drawing #2.

P.S. Oh? Oh? I see the word 'twin'... might it be an evil twin? Ahaha... >: D
thank you :) i'm having a hard time with the guys xD but these were my best tries till now so i decided to upload them, so that everyone gets the main idea of what they look like!!

well i still need some ideas to make the story even more intruiging, so if someone has a good idea pls pm me :D

chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

#6 Post by chelxoxo »

well i still need some ideas to make the story even more intruiging, so if someone has a good idea pls pm me :D

Have you read the manga 'Milk Crown'? It's not akin to your storyline with the girl-chasing-guy plot, but it might give you some good ideas on a 'special dorm' situation. What kind of story is it? Drama or comedy? Or both? And have you written character profiles? When I write stories, coming up with a clear picture of characters (and imagining how they'd react if they met) is a good starting point for interactions and relationship ideas within your story. And thinking of side events, because in visual novels especially these can flesh out your stories in addition to main events. You can get ideas for those everywhere... anime, manga, TV, books... imagination!! :mrgreen:

When you get your plot a little more concrete and a bit of a linear story going on, I'd be glad to help out a bit ^^
Last edited by chelxoxo on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular

#7 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

jup i know milk crown :) i'll read it again, maybe i'll get some ideas!! a bit drama, but mostly it's supposed to be a comedy. the character profiles are pretty much done, i'll probably post them tomorrow :D actually one guys route is pretty much done and i also have certain events i definitely wanna use but i'm having big trouble with the other 2 guys :? once i get some more ideas i'll make sure to contact you, thanks ♥

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#8 Post by sake-bento »

Ooh, this looks super cool! You have a very nice artistic sense. For the lead, I think I like the first version of the sprite best. It makes her look sensible. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. ^_^

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular

#9 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

thanks a lot, i'll try my best :D

jadacamilla
Regular

#10 Post by jadacamilla »

i'd say my vote is on the 1st one. I like the coloring much better and it gives a cheerful aura than the rest(too much pastel coloring is sorta blinding me)

Bu~t its just an opinion, i wud really think any would look good. Goodluck and will stalk this thread. ^^

Zumi
Regular

#11 Post by Zumi »

I like the first one!
And your art style, too. 8D

I'll be watching this~

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#12 Post by azureXtwilight »

I like the first one as well :)

I'm going to vote. And turns out like you don't make guys look like girls that much...
Keep up the wonderful work!

azraillesama
Regular

#13 Post by azraillesama »

I think I like the third best, though it needs a bit more shading~ and must blend with the background.
~or maybe you shouldnt just consider my opinion because im much biased to no lineart stuff xd
Jason Cheng
Innovators Production Founder and CEO ( Site under development using Drupal )
Xile Ragnarok Online Co-Admin: xilero.net
DA: http://helrouis.deviantart.com
Developed Blog site: http://otakultura.com
Developed and Maintained Sites:divisionheaven.com patiopacificboracay.com blueandgreentours.com
MSN: jason.m.cheng@gmail.com

AQU
Regular
Completed: The Royal Trap, Infinite Game Works, Date Warp
Projects: Flight of Twilight

#14 Post by AQU »

The story sounds pretty good. I'm loving the art too <3 I think the second one looks the best. : D

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular

#15 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

thanks for all the comments :D until now most ppl liked the first one best, but i'll let you vote a little longer ♥