Best VN Sountrack

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Best VN Sountrack

#16 Post by HigurashiKira »

It's the OST's, not the OP/ED

Adding to the list: Narcissu
Rather Than a Life of Finality will make you cry
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Riviera »

I know, but I figured I wouldn't link too much. The OP is the most visible song, may as well show that one if I show any.

Some of those games, I simply couldn't find any other examples of their music, although I liked most of what I heard. Definitely recommend people look into them.

Also the OP/ED is usually part of the soundtrack (OST)... I have a copy of Ever 17's, it's definitely on theirs. So I figured I'd at least mention when they had a particularly memorable one (apart from the rest of their equally nice music).:)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#18 Post by OtomeWeekend »

oh, i haven't really played Ever 17 so... I don't really know :P
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

AxemRed
Veteran

#19 Post by AxemRed »

Riviera wrote:Also the OP/ED is usually part of the soundtrack (OST)... I have a copy of Ever 17's, it's definitely on theirs. So I figured I'd at least mention when they had a particularly memorable one (apart from the rest of their equally nice music).:)
Too bad they changed the OP for the PSP port :/
I'm not sure what to think about the Xbox 360 port yet, but the new version of Karma at least sounds great.

For best VN soundtrack I'd like to nominate Sekien no Inganock, every single track on the OST is great.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by OtomeWeekend »

eh? there was a psp port of ever 17? then, I might be able to get it :D
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#21 Post by lordcloudx »

Cross Channel and Planetarian have the best OSTs for me. Cross Channel has a slight edge by my standards for having more varied tracks, but it's not really a fair comparison since the game itself is a lot longer than Planetarian.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Riviera »

*making notes of all of these*

Music can make such a difference in games in general, much more so with VNs. Probably obvious. So it's wonderful to get examples of ones who do it well :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Arcanum
Veteran

#23 Post by Arcanum »

Music is usually a thing I don't notice in games. I think that's just proof of how good they are, they just complement the ambiance so well I just absorb the scene without noticing it particularly XD I usually notice only if it's annoying/repetitive, or if it clashes a lot with the setting. I downloaded Animamundi: Dark Alchemist OST though - it's one of the few I noticed for the prettiness. It's got a very classical feel to it (when it's not all the ominous chanting that still give me the creeps).

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Might I add another one? -shot-

This was actually from the BL game "Lucky Dog 1"(the artist is yura and the story is really awesome!!! MAFIA POWER!!!!)
*Note: BL scenes(no 18+ but those who don't like BL, stay away, the osts was nice though :P )
-Actually the ED but oh well more like an ost anyway >_> --->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCBLk-KbRBw
-The OP just include it cause its also awesome!!!!! ---->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD_XcMTy ... re=related
-Mahattan Runaway(Ost 25) Really awesome I tell ya!!! This has been my ringtone for a year now XDD(exaggerating) ----http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GpDnLb ... re=related
-Memphis Dusk(this was actually the bgm during H-scenes *explodes*)---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7rqqp-- ... re=related
NOTE(again): I warned you, its BL, yaoi, shounen-ai, boys love; you name it. Don't blame me if you don't like yaoi and saw some bishies kissing each other :P
Last edited by OtomeWeekend on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#25 Post by yummy »

I'd say Clannad's OST is pretty impressive, Planetarian's one too. I also used to listen a lot to Symphonic Rain's OST.
For now, I've taken a liking to Natsuzora Kanata's OST. Its melodies have a pretty nostalgic and intimate feeling.
Last edited by yummy on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcanum
Veteran

#26 Post by Arcanum »

@OtomeWeekend - For BL games, I also find the two songs from the openings/trailers for Absolut Gehorsam Befehl very remarkable, which is also by YURA XD

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@Arcanum: Was this "Absolut Gehorsam Befehl" ---Absolute Obedience or in japanese: Zettai Fukuju Meirei? or Enzai?(Though I think its the first one) It was the first time I've heard of a BL game by Yura that has a not japanese or english title. :/

Celestie
Veteran

#28 Post by Celestie »

I know someone already mentioned Umineko, but...UMINEKO OST IS JUST LOVE~ Or also whatever Akiko Shikata underlines with her beautiful music. (I'd give a link to a proper song but that one I had in mind was deleted apparently.) Or Yuki Kajiura (sadly I never played Xenosaga...).

Radiant Historia's OST and its piano arrangement...is...love...
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#29 Post by MaiMai »

For me, hands down Kara no Shoujo has a wonderfully beautiful OST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kp-N6kO ... ideo_title
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by OtomeWeekend »

let me add, the music box ver of higher and higher which is the confession ost in Love Revo(can't find a link so X_x play love revo if you wanna hear it). I love the op ver. but the music box ver is just so awesome X3