After creating menus how do I "rejoin" the choices?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
inohatake14
Regular
Projects: Stained with Magic

Re: After creating menus how do I "rejoin" the choices?

#16 Post by inohatake14 »

there I fixed it, but it still isn't working right. (See problem above) Anyway I've attached the corrected version. :p
Attachments
thescript.rpy
Updated script 1
(19.18 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
-Needs to buy a tablet :( - Also if you specialize in backgrounds and take requests and/or want to partner up on a project, hit me up! ;)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#17 Post by Camille »

Fixed your indentation~ Hopefully that works.
Attachments
thescript.rpy
(18.21 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

inohatake14
Regular

#18 Post by inohatake14 »

For some reason I can't even open my project anymore! :/ Traceback says;
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 216, in script
pause music
File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/00statements.rpy", line 440, in python
File "game/script.rpy", line 216, in python
pause music
NameError: name 'music' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1400, in execute
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1413, in call
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\statements.py", line 92, in call
File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/00statements.rpy", line 440, in execute_pause
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\python.py", line 1011, in py_eval
File "game/script.rpy", line 216, in <module>
NameError: name 'music' is not defined

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.12.1.1520
A Ren'Py Game 0.0
-Needs to buy a tablet :( - Also if you specialize in backgrounds and take requests and/or want to partner up on a project, hit me up! ;)

inohatake14
Regular

#19 Post by inohatake14 »

then without changing anything I tried to reopen it and the traceback was totally different; I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name u'start' is defined twice: at game/script.rpy:65 and game/thescript.rpy:65.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\main.py", line 221, in main
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\script.py", line 173, in load_script
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\script.py", line 384, in load_appropriate_file
File "C:\Users\mariah\Downloads\otome\renpy-6.12.1\renpy\script.py", line 337, in load_file
ScriptError: Name u'start' is defined twice: at game/script.rpy:65 and game/thescript.rpy:65.

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.12.1.152

10kNing
Regular
Projects: Revenance (RPG), Mad-Love (GxB, on hold)

#20 Post by 10kNing »

For the first error message, it looks like you mean "stop music". As far as I know, pause can't be applied to music, unless you mean until the music is at a certain point. Renpy.pause should do it then, I think.

Also, the label "start" has been defined twice, once in "script" and once in "thescript". Delete or rename one of them, and that'll fix it~ Two labels can't have the same name, because even if they're in different files the game counts them as one.

Anima
Veteran
Completed: Loren
Projects: PS2

#21 Post by Anima »

The problem is the way you set up your script. Ren'Py (and every other programming language I know) simply goes trough the lines if not told to do something else.
You didn't tell Ren'Py to do something at the end of the if block in the first choice done label. So Ren'Py continues to execute your script from the next line. Which would be label choice2_talk.

Edit: I think I somehow missed the second page of the thread...
Avatar created with this deviation by Crysa
Currently working on:
  • Winterwolves "Planet Stronghold 2" - RPG Framework: Phase III