Cause Without a Rebel (Fantasy Romance)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

Re: Cause Without a Rebel (Fantasy Romance)

#16 Post by Desu_Cake »

Not much to be honest. Just working out some basic melodies on the piano so far. My dad's a musician, so I'm hoping I have a bit of talent buried somewhere.

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#17 Post by Dollywitch »

Desu_Cake wrote:Not much to be honest. Just working out some basic melodies on the piano so far. My dad's a musician, so I'm hoping I have a bit of talent buried somewhere.
I offered my help already, and that also extends to fixing up anything you may come up with yourself. How are you recording/mixing/producing this stuff?

Don't forget I'm pretty awesome.

Desu_Cake
Veteran

#18 Post by Desu_Cake »

Well, I'm trying to do everything myself. And I haven't got that far yet, I'm still on ideas in that regard.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#19 Post by Dollywitch »

Music isn't really something you can just charge into though. You need decent equipment to record with, some basic knowledge of music theory, and a lot of practice. Even as a gigging artist, I still don't feel confident enough to do all the soundtrack myself as I know there are limits to what styles I can do. There are plenty of musicians and free music you can use. I wouldn't let the quality of your VN suffer because you over-extend yourself. It's your first VN, but that also means that you will be inexperienced in some regards.

Though there is something endearing about a cute girl trying to do everything by herself *_*

Desu_Cake
Veteran

#20 Post by Desu_Cake »

Heh. My motto for these sorts of situations is: "It'll be grand." :D I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, for now I'll concentrate on the plot.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#21 Post by Dollywitch »

So moe~

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Riviera »

Definitely is great you're so gung-ho about doing it all yourself! Lots of luck on doing it, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get it all put together the way you want. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples