When and Why did you start writing?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
clannadman

Re: When and Why did you start writing?

#16 Post by clannadman »

I used to read a lot when I was little and started writing following that. I hardly read at all now (damn you internet) but managed to continue writing.

Gambit74
Regular

#17 Post by Gambit74 »

My interest stems from the times when I was still in elementary school. It first started when I had to write a story for Halloween, in which I wrote about some kids who discovers a sun dial inside a cave that serves as a count down for the death of all living things within the cave. My teacher really liked it, so I started writing more throughout the rest of my elementary years after that and I began realized my knack for creative writing.

Although I stopped writing for awhile once I reached middle school, I was inspired to take it up again when I had to write an essay for my high school's sophomore exit exam. I then took a writing class in my junior year of high school (Though we mostly watched bootlegged theatre movies in there because the teacher was lazy :P ), where I further developed my creative imagination through free writing. Ever since then, I've been developing all sorts of stuff and jotting them down as ideas for stories.
Nothing to see here, folks. For now, anyway...

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#18 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Why I started writing? Well, if you can't find anything good to read, why not write your own story? It reminds me of what my Grandpa says "If you can't find what you want, make it yourself!" And so I started writing some novels. When I look back at my old stuff, it was so badly written, but I still love the characters and concepts. Writing a visual novel is a new experience, but REALLY fun, as it combines the elements of storytelling a video game programming.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

#19 Post by llplldll »

I started writing and drawing comics when I was about 10 or 11 years old (back in 1998, eons ago 0_o''). I was really into comic strips then (stuff like garfield,lol >o<'') Then when I was about 14 or 15 I discovered manga and started writing long form stuff. I created quite a few sketch books full of my own made-up manga series, its embarrassingly bad though, I don't even want to look back through that stuff...
These days Ive been doing less and less drawing. I think I enjoy writing the most but I tend to have a hard time with it if Im not inspired by something.