The Keeper[UPDATED AGAIN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
falsedelusion
Regular

Re: The Keeper

#16 Post by falsedelusion »

draw weapons for meeeeeeee
theyre so awesome
*A*

fenol
Regular
Projects: Choroumachi | Vasileio
Organization: Zerorange
Deviantart: fenolijuna
Soundcloud: fenol-ijuna

#17 Post by fenol »

wow i like how u draw manually!! waiting for this vn then, lolz
but u need an improved on coloring :)
good luck!
[ PIXIV ] [ deviantArt ]

Øp!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by 15385bic »

falsedelusion wrote:draw weapons for meeeeeeee
theyre so awesome
*A*
its killing me enough as it is to draw for my characters QAQ
fenol wrote:wow i like how u draw manually!! waiting for this vn then, lolz
but u need an improved on coloring :)
good luck!
I know Q_Q - i hate colouring so much

falsedelusion
Regular

#19 Post by falsedelusion »

15385bic wrote: anyways - i finally finished the Aiden weapon concept drawing.... >3> - i really do hate gns - too hard to draw =A=
and not fantasy enough? does he match the others? Q_Q
BAD ASS!! 8D
If we're just going by the weapon-design-character drawings you posted so far, Aiden automatically gets first place in my books lol
so cool and sexy~~~

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#20 Post by Corynth »

falsedelusion wrote: BAD ASS!! 8D
If we're just going by the weapon-design-character drawings you posted so far, Aiden automatically gets first place in my books lol
so cool and sexy~~~
For me it's a tie between Aiden and Kai, but I intend to give them all equal attention. I'll say this now to get it out of the way:

There will be a choice at the beginning of the game that determines whose broad path you get put on. Don't worry you can still pursue another guy once in a different guys broad path, but all the guys secrets and agendas are only revealed in their specific broad paths. The broad path also affects the overall feel of the vn/game. So as a result you could pursue a guy in multiple paths and still get a different experience each time. :wink:

This vn will also have minigames that raise stats with the option to turn them off(then stat gains will be a random amount) and maybe even adjust the difficulty(if people want it to be adjustable).

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by 15385bic »

falsedelusion wrote:
BAD ASS!! 8D
so cool and sexy~~~
I think most people have told me they prefer Aiden =3=
Corynth wrote: For me it's a tie between Aiden and Kai, but I intend to give them all equal attention. I'll say this now to get it out of the way:

There will be a choice at the beginning of the game that determines whose broad path you get put on. Don't worry you can still pursue another guy once in a different guys broad path, but all the guys secrets and agendas are only revealed in their specific broad paths. The broad path also affects the overall feel of the vn/game. So as a result you could pursue a guy in multiple paths and still get a different experience each time. :wink:

This vn will also have minigames that raise stats with the option to turn them off(then stat gains will be a random amount) and maybe even adjust the difficulty(if people want it to be adjustable).
My fav is Lee and Kai >_> (and out of weapons i actually like the bow most XD)

sorry azura -ur left in the cold - ah well. ^^'

and minigames =A= - dont remind me - i need to finish more of the images - at least im done one set >_<

falsedelusion
Regular

#22 Post by falsedelusion »

In case I'm away later when you post the minigames...

THE BOUNCE IS TOO HARD!! I KEEP ON GETTING 0s..
boohoohoohoohoo!
Make it less challenging before I step on my mouse in frustration/depression for not being able to get on the good side of a certain basketball boy.

Yeah? =D

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#23 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Bic, I wish you were just my artist.
._.

Looking forward to this! :D

Corynth
Regular

#24 Post by Corynth »

I have uploaded three minigames for testing purposes(links are on the first post). Please download and play them and then post your opinions. If anyone's curious those games were scripted in Novelty(I'd actually like to thank the entire Novelty forum/community because those are the results of modified sample scripts and tricks picked up there). I think I included most information on the first page, but feel free to ask if there's any questions
falsedelusion wrote:In case I'm away later when you post the minigames...

THE BOUNCE IS TOO HARD!! I KEEP ON GETTING 0s..
boohoohoohoohoo!
Make it less challenging before I step on my mouse in frustration/depression for not being able to get on the good side of a certain basketball boy.

Yeah? =D
I just posted the minigames and bounce isn't that hard... As long as you catch the ball before it stops bouncing and throw it as hard as you can. I actually wanted to make it harder originally, but I suppose I can look into adjusting it's initial velocity

edit:
In swimming the wave disappears too early :oops: I remember correcting this, but forgot to save it so the version uploaded is the one where it disappears without even touching Kyria :roll: Sorry about that guys. I'd reupload, but my upload speeds are pretty terrible right now and I figure it'll be better to make any other changes that you guys want and then upload instead of posting a version that is only superficially different.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by 15385bic »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:Bic, I wish you were just my artist.
._.

Looking forward to this! :D
lumen - ur art is getting better and better! and your sprites are cute X)
but thank you ^_^
(i have my hands full with this VN so its impossible for me to work on another - i'm too slow )
Corynth wrote:I have uploaded three minigames for testing purposes(links are on the first post). Please download and play them and then post your opinions. If anyone's curious those games were scripted in Novelty(I'd actually like to thank the entire Novelty forum/community because those are the results of modified sample scripts and tricks picked up there). I think I included most information on the first page, but feel free to ask if there's any questions
=A= yeah the bounce game - i had to play like 100x's just to finally get the trick and now only occasionally get a5 >3>
but i hate the fact that sometimes i open the screen and a second later its game over because i havent caught the ball ? QAQ

the swimming game. I find that one easy - yay! =D (although i actually had to try and do bad to get the wave. The wave came too quick - i barely saw it

The Magic game - it works by itself. I didnt have to do much to score. PS was thinking - to make it look better should we have a Chibi in there raising/decreasing the speed? you know like a person raising a flag on a pole? or maybe even having to catch the ball by itself by mouse clicking it O_O and each time you do it gets faster (like need to catch 3 balls?) trying to make things more difficult ;D

Corynth
Regular

#26 Post by Corynth »

15385bic wrote:
Corynth wrote:I have uploaded three minigames for testing purposes(links are on the first post). Please download and play them and then post your opinions. If anyone's curious those games were scripted in Novelty(I'd actually like to thank the entire Novelty forum/community because those are the results of modified sample scripts and tricks picked up there). I think I included most information on the first page, but feel free to ask if there's any questions
=A= yeah the bounce game - i had to play like 100x's just to finally get the trick and now only occasionally get a5 >3>
but i hate the fact that sometimes i open the screen and a second later its game over because i havent caught the ball ? QAQ

the swimming game. I find that one easy - yay! =D (although i actually had to try and do bad to get the wave. The wave came too quick - i barely saw it

The Magic game - it works by itself. I didnt have to do much to score. PS was thinking - to make it look better should we have a Chibi in there raising/decreasing the speed? you know like a person raising a flag on a pole? or maybe even having to catch the ball by itself by mouse clicking it O_O and each time you do it gets faster (like need to catch 3 balls?) trying to make things more difficult ;D
That would probably be because the the initial bounce speed is random(So it could be super fast ... Maybe I'll start it at resting although the ball always releases from the same place).

I already said why the wave came too quick in my previous post... that was my bad :oops: but I do know how to adjust it. Actually if you're not quick enough the button you're trying to press could change from speed up to slow down/stop while you're clicking :mrgreen: Maybe I should remove that 'next option' button? :?:

Magic... Maybe I should make initial speed faster and smaller ball too(... would make it easier for them to miss each other) And have you click it while it's stopped(when your ball hits it) so you can 'catch' three. I catch raise the speed of that ball too much or it will bounce quickly enough to end up hitting your ball irrespective of where it is(because it will cover the entire screen in seconds) :shock:

edit( because I didn't want to double post):
I realized that I had forgotten to mention the following so here it is(I edited it onto the first post so it wouldn't be hard to find):
Corynth wrote: edit(16/12/2011):
Because the engine is Novelty DIRECTX9 is required to play it(if you've got 10 or higher you can still install 9 because they work independantly of each other). You can either download the latest redist or (if you already have DIRECTX9, don't want to download the entire redist and you get this error:"The program can't start because d3dx9_37.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.") you can download d3dx9_37.dll and place it in the game folder

Link for the redist:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
I'm secretly hoping that the missing dll is the reason that there has been little response to the minigames

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by 15385bic »

Corynth wrote: I'm secretly hoping that the missing dll is the reason that there has been little response to the minigames
LOL - i have a feeling they thought they couldnt play it without novelty ^^'. I forgot about that until yesterday when i wasforcingasking someone to play and give advice >_<!

moxie
Regular

Re: The Keeper[UPDATED AGAIN]

#28 Post by moxie »

Ahhh! Such pretty, pretty, pretty pictures. I like the premise of the game, and it being GxB is just lovely.
I'm a bit confused though, is this still a WIP or is it completed? The link makes me a little confused? ^_^' sorry if it's a dumb question.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by 15385bic »

moxie wrote:Ahhh! Such pretty, pretty, pretty pictures. I like the premise of the game, and it being GxB is just lovely.
I'm a bit confused though, is this still a WIP or is it completed? The link makes me a little confused? ^_^' sorry if it's a dumb question.
OH! sorry - the links are mini games that we're incorporating in the VN -its definitely still a
we just need advice on the cruddy mini games to improve them somehow ^^

moxie
Regular

#30 Post by moxie »

Ah, I see! Okay, thanks. I don't play minigames a lot, but I'll try to download it and help out. Does novelty work on mac?