do you play mmo games?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: do you play mmo games?

#16 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Now.... I'm not believing wikipedia! D:< The last time i checked on pristontale(which was 5 years ago actually), it said it was bankrupted and the server's DOWN.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#17 Post by SilverxBlue »

I used to play Ragnarok, Ran Online and Flyff, but it's just because I wanted to feel what it's like playing them. To know why some of my friends are very addicted to it and are forcing me to play it. But once I found out that all I do is a lot of aimless level-grinding, I quit and started avoiding it.
Joey wrote:I'd like to find one where the gameplay isn't just about grinding to level up/get quest drops. I'm more attracted to music/rhythm games (I don't think you can call them MMOs?) ... Games like Audition, Osu!, O2Jam etc. At least they require skill over mindlessly clicking on enemies. :P
THIS! I remember my friends making fun of me because whenever we visit an internet cafe, I'd either play O2Jam or Audition and they would play whatever MMORPG is in. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#18 Post by kara24601 »

This is why things like cross-referencing and asking other people is good when it comes to wikipedia, people are always putting it down as a good source of info for anything but it's usually good as any other thing....However, the one bad thing - they stupidly allow just anyone / any member to edit anything in any way to their heart's content and like anywhere and everywhere else there are buttheads and trolls that like to say and do stupid things....usually though you can tell a bogus article from a good one then there are the rare "looks legit but it's actually wrong" articles

Anyway , I used to play / try out a lot of mmorpgs. In fact I really miss playing various certain ones because I still love the graphics so much and I hate it when they have this great game but they don't have a "standalone" version of it. If Second Life wasn't so buggy then I wouldn't have stopped playing it because it's one of the few games out there that lets you fly and has a customization system , you can do just about anything if you can afford it ect. seems to me that there's never enough games that allows you to fly along with having a customizable character or sometimes you come across a game that lets you fly but it's not a very good game *sigh*

Um, games like Wonderland Online, mabinogi, fiesta, ragnarok online and flyff but I had to stop playing mabinogi and fiesta due to computer / technical issues
Back in the day when it was still available , I had to give up on Go Pets ( not an mmorpg but a really fun pet simulation game where your pet could interact with other people's pets and a lot of talented people could even make unique clothes and things for pets that you could buy for your pet or if you were really lucky you'd get something for free at least once from people )
Last edited by kara24601 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zylinder
Veteran

#19 Post by Zylinder »

I used to be super active in AuditionSEA, a dancing game. Not so much anymore, so now I'm hanging out in Prius online and much less frequently, Eden Eternal. I personally prefer games like Audition where it was more about skill (makes you feel you're not wasting your time completely, since you can just move that skill to another dancing/rhythm game) but it gets old after a while. XD

Prius online has got me addicted to it so far. The world's beautiful, and there's plenty of quests so it's not all grindology. The only problem I have with it is a bunch of typos, translations errors, grammar problems, that sort of thing. Until recently, there was a punctuation problem where all the "!" appeared as ;|;|;| too, but they've fixed it now. It's still a new game though, so I'm sticking with it for a bit.

Icookiieess

#20 Post by Icookiieess »

Definitely Club Penguin ;) <3
The heart was made to be broken.
- Oscar Wilde

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#21 Post by Hijiri »

Recently been playing DCU Online. Orz Why is tit so addictive?
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Showsni »

I used to play Lunia - my main character was the healer, Eir. (Mine was nicknamed Imogen - I was in the beta).

I remember one day I was doing 3-10 with some random people, and everyone else got killed. (Okay, as a healer, that was slightly my fault... but I was more of a solo build.) So I went on to solo the boss. :) They were all pretty grateful after that! I loved soloing things with Eir...

Tried playing again recently, and my characters were still there! But they've removed the awesome song and redesigned a bunch of stuff... It's not as fun any more.

Not as easy to get stuck in your head either, I guess. Fly away! Far away! Searching for my dream...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P56nzTytZnE

Recently, I've been playing Dragon's Nest (SEA). I've got an archer. The main problem I have with these "free" MMORPGs is lack of inventory space... But I guess they do that on purpose, to encourage cash shop buys.