School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

Re: School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

#16 Post by silenteve »

I really like what you did with it so far!
I can't wait to see your character designs!
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#17 Post by Morishita »

Thank you silenteve! I'm happy to see that :D Feel free to shower me with more joyful showers of happiness over in the player chat area (≧∇≦)/ *it's late and I don't think what I'm typing is making sense and I'm doing a horrible job at being silly....*

Here is the last background scene! I decided that the special background scene that I have listed will just be made when I start doing the CG images. Since it's only going to be used once I decided to go ahead and switch it to that instead. So with that said my next update in this thread *and over at my Development blog* will be the images of Miya and the gang.

Are you guys as excited as I am to finally start drawing people?! Well I'm CRAZY excited but a little worried because I'm not sure if everyone will like the design of Miya but I'm sure she will grow on you the more that you look at her.....that doesn't sound like a good thing but...anyways moving on.

Here is the lunchroom scene:
lunchroom.jpg

I think that is all I have to say for now. I'm going to go ahead and get started on the sprite's now.

Morishita
Veteran

#18 Post by Morishita »

Here is the first pose of Miya's sprite finished. I plan on having each character have 2 poses.
I believe Miya will show about 11 different expressions, I might change it but it all really depends on what is needed and what isn't.

Anyways I decided to go ahead and post it here as a small bio of her. Hopefully I can get Dustin's and Shawn's done soon but we will have to see.
miyapose copy.png
Also Paint tool sai exported the image a little weird so when I'll have to reupload a better one later because it's late and I'm sleepy TT.TT

Princess Akina
Regular

#19 Post by Princess Akina »

:O
Amazing!! She looks so pretty <3
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#20 Post by silenteve »

Wow, she looks great! So pretty :)
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Morishita
Veteran

#21 Post by Morishita »

silenteve wrote:Wow, she looks great! So pretty :)
^^ Thank you Silenteve. I went back and altered the colors a little more but it still looks about the same but I'm happy that you like it.
Princess Akina wrote::O
Amazing!! She looks so pretty <3
Thank you Akina :3 I'm really glad that she turn out well and that you think she's pretty.

Okay I am back with another weekly progress update. This next character is Dustin. He's based off of one of my real life friends I had made back in high school *just encase you all missed it this whole story is based off of a true story that happened to me while I was a sophomore in high school*
I am really happy with how his design turned out :D I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to capture his messy some what curly hair style well enough but it looks pretty close to what I remember how his hair use to be. The next sprite up next will be Shawns and then after that it will be the teachers and possible one other :D
dustinpose.png

Now I did have one question. In the game there is one certain character that is apart of the story but they don't really have screen time. It's more like Miya never interacts with them or even runs in to this character but this person is talked about between the other cast so my question is, should she have a sprite even though Miya has never met her before or do you think it will be well enough to have her as a hidden character like how some people don't have sprites of classmates when they speak? It's just something I've been thinking about and just wanted to see what some of your thought's on it is. More than likely I won't make their sprite since Miya never sees them but I'm just trying to get some other opinions for now.

Morishita
Veteran

#22 Post by Morishita »

Yea!~ I'm back with another update and I'm happy to say that I was able to finish Shawn's pose 1 sprite! Now all I have left to do is the teachers and the second poses then off to the making of the emotion faces then.....Onwards to the cg event drawings.
Shawnbio.png
I didn't really know if I would be able to finish this today or if I should even do it today but since I really want to get my very own game done I decided to push past my little rut and keep working.
I was feeling a little down but after thinking over things I decided that I should focus only on meeting my goal and not the fact that my idea might not be very interesting or get a lot of feedback. I'm doing this game for me so I should finish it for myself. I feel a lot better after thinking about that and feel recharged again to finish this sprite.

Well next Saturday I should have the next sprite done of the teacher. Thank you for those who have been keeping a watch on my thread and I shall be back :3

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#23 Post by Mink »

Morishita wrote:Now I did have one question. In the game there is one certain character that is apart of the story but they don't really have screen time. It's more like Miya never interacts with them or even runs in to this character but this person is talked about between the other cast so my question is, should she have a sprite even though Miya has never met her before or do you think it will be well enough to have her as a hidden character like how some people don't have sprites of classmates when they speak? It's just something I've been thinking about and just wanted to see what some of your thought's on it is. More than likely I won't make their sprite since Miya never sees them but I'm just trying to get some other opinions for now.
Personally I think it depends on whether or not it's worth the work to make the sprite. If it's not all that often, there may be no reason to make one for her.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Morishita
Veteran

#24 Post by Morishita »

Mink wrote: Personally I think it depends on whether or not it's worth the work to make the sprite. If it's not all that often, there may be no reason to make one for her.
That's a very good point. I think I will go ahead and just leave that sprite off for now and just have her added in a cg if the event calls for it. Thank you Mink.

Princess Akina
Regular

#25 Post by Princess Akina »

Haha I love Dustin's quote xD And it is so true.
Also I really really really love his design *w* He looks hot

And Shawn is sarcastic?! *squeal* 8D

I absolutely LOVE the character designs so far especially Dustin's. I can't wait to play it!

Ohmygosh, the beautiful, beautiful art *w* I worship you
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Morishita
Veteran

#26 Post by Morishita »

Thank you so much Akina! I was a little worried about his design but I'm happy to see that it turned out looking acceptable :3 *to put it lightly ha ha!*
Thank you so much for letting me know that! I will go ahead and keep his design like that.

silenteve
Veteran

#27 Post by silenteve »

It's so hard for me to choose between Shawn and Dustin Dx They're both so beautiful and their personalities are great!
Grrr...I guess I would prefer Shawn but that's because I like sarcastic guys better. :p

Morishita
Veteran

#28 Post by Morishita »

Ha ha ha! Unfortunately this is my first visual novel so this is just a friendship novel so you won't really be going after a character but more so enteracting with them and helping Miya grow up and come out of her shell but hopefully that won't scare you away. Since this is based off a real story there are a few touching moments *well I think it's touching ^^;* that are in the game. I hope that I will be able to do a good job at excuting it. In the future when I do get this one done I'll probably try to do a romance visual novel too.

silenteve
Veteran

#29 Post by silenteve »

Oops :p Didn't know it was a friendship game.
That's cool too. I'm not sure if I've played any of those so it'll be great fun to see it come to fruition.
0-0 Will continue further stalking of this thread :3

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#30 Post by Mink »

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the fact it's not romantic; I actually think it's a nice change of pace. Also, ditto about the character designs.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*