[Mystery] The Vestibule - First VN released on OUYA!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
fantasygeeki
Projects: Fatal Alignments
Organization: Simulated Being

Re: [G/BxTrain] [Mystery] The Vestibule - Ludum Dare Jam ent

#16 Post by fantasygeeki »

So I finally got the chance to play the game! I decided to try it out on my Android device. That said, I can tell you that the game works well on the LG Optimus T with Android version 2.2.2. There were these weird lines that popped up on the left of the screen during transition from one scene to the next but nothing that took away from the game.
I enjoyed the game, though it took me a second to see the metaphoric nature of the overall story. I struggled with whether or not to point out that the ending had me a bit confused (not wanting to sound small minded). I felt the ending was anti-climatic considering that when I pulled the break I was expecting more excitement.

Sailerius
Regular
Completed: Vacant Sky, The Vestibule, Ars Harmonia
Organization: Project BC

Re: [Mystery] The Vestibule - First VN released on OUYA!

#17 Post by Sailerius »

Sorry for a bump nearly a year later, but I come with big news! The Vestibule is now available on OUYA as one of the console's launch titles, making it the first visual novel for the new console! :D

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by SusanTheCat »

WHOA!!! That is totally awesome!

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by DaFool »

Would be nice if you had a blog or something detailing the things you needed to get through to launch. Was the Ouya build pretty much a direct RAPT build?

Sailerius
Regular
Completed: Vacant Sky, The Vestibule, Ars Harmonia
Organization: Project BC

#20 Post by Sailerius »

DaFool wrote:Would be nice if you had a blog or something detailing the things you needed to get through to launch. Was the Ouya build pretty much a direct RAPT build?
The OUYA port was actually made with Metis.NVL, a new VN engine we developed for the production of Vacant Sky: Awakening. I had so much trouble with RAPT getting the original Android version of The Vestibule up and running that I decided it would be easier to just make my own engine, so I did. :P Next stop is the Windows Store and Windows Phone. Since Metis.NVL runs on .NET, it runs on just about every platform under the sun.

Naru_san

#21 Post by Naru_san »

I opened 2 ends:
I got into that loop (is it bad end?) and went out with the guy.
There are other variants? What end can be with a girl?
What should I do? >_<
Sorry for my English >_<