fioricca's art thread (was: [art thread])

Art threads specific to a single artist.
fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

Re: fioricca's art thread (was: [art thread])

#16 Post by fioricca »

Not pestering at all! I'm still a bit confused, though; I've roughly nailed the distance between the neck/nipple and nipple/belly button -- I just missed the crotch (will need to fix that! thanks!). Could you draw over the sketch, if you don't mind? :D;

izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

#17 Post by izukwon »

here I edited your image. Enlarged the guy and the girl's head.
Keep in mind that head size is the head of the bald head without the hair (the hair adds more volume and height to the head)
Attachments
sprite_gilmel-5.jpg

fioricca
Veteran

#18 Post by fioricca »

Ooo thanks for fixing it! It looks a bit odd somehow though, and not as elegant. ):; Maybe I'm too used to seeing ideal anime proportion, haha. But thanks so much, I'll definitely keep your tips in mind!

izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

#19 Post by izukwon »

Ghahahaha and I thought the ideal anime proportion was bigh head, big eyes, small nose and small, thin lips ^^; FYI, the usual shoujo/moe anime style usually uses 1,5x head ratio while the usual shonen anime uses 1,2x head ratio. I haven't seen any anime which uses <1x head ratio. I'd like to know one if you have any reference :DDD But I know I can't just force my view on people's style, in the art school we call it distortion, and it's totally legal :D

silverstez
Regular

#20 Post by silverstez »

Thank you, if I use this one then I will credit you fully of course :)

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#21 Post by junna »

hey fio.. maybe you're used to seeing tapered-ish waist anime styles?
sprite_gilmel-5.jpg
^^;;gomen ne, I totally edited it... I also cleaned it up for you a little.

EDIT: >_> twice edited. hehe~ ^^;; *run*
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

Endorphin
Veteran

#22 Post by Endorphin »

I kinda liked the original version best. =/
Don't know, the guy actually looked like you could lean on him and everything, not like I can easily put him in a corset and dress him up as a girl.
But maybe I just like small heads. ^^"
(I mean, we all have our favourite distortions and everything.)

- R.

fioricca
Veteran

#23 Post by fioricca »

Awww you guys, thank you so much for the feedback!
junna wrote:hey fio.. maybe you're used to seeing tapered-ish waist anime styles?
... tapered-ish waist anime styles...?

@izukwon: Your edit does make it look more natural/realistic, but it's not what I was going for. I'm not well-versed in proportion but I guess I tried to stylize proportion to communicate a certain message; I'm actually really happy to hear Ryouko's comment that the original version gives off a strong, reassuring air -- that was exactly what I was trying to go for! The later distortions that you and Junna have (so kindly! Thanks again!) contributed made it look more believable, I guess, but at the cost of his character. In Junna's edit, for instance, his chest/waist shrank, and I'm not sure I like that. XD; I'm also a little unsure about enlarging the woman's head; she looks shorter and less, um, dexterious, which is also not what I'm going for. Thanks for the feedback again, though -- it's really interesting to see the myriad of takes and the different vibes that the same image can give as a result!

As for tiny heads, I don't know, really, but I know I was trying to draw just a liiiiittle bit from the wide shoulders and lengthened torsos so common in BL mangas. |D; They have a certain elegance that I wanted to try incorporating. (Not for the lady, of course.)

Thanks again, guys! And Silverstez; thank you, I'm glad you enjoy the sprites! I haven't had the time to work on anymore lately, but I'll find some time soon...

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#24 Post by junna »

lol... goes to show how my thinking of "strong/whipcord lean" guys are coming from. More often than not they'll be in terms of fencers, swimmers and martial artists who do have a slight to a lot of tapering to their waist. what the~my eyes oh yeah...I love swimmer's bodies the heck...brain stop
anyway...have fun sketching!
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

talisbecon

#25 Post by talisbecon »

wow…Awesome

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#26 Post by Lumella »

Wow, your art is really good! c: Can't help but be amazed at your sprites. :3 Do you happen to have a DA?
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

darkphilious

#27 Post by darkphilious »

Thank you for the free sprites, they look great!

fioricca
Veteran

#28 Post by fioricca »

HOLY CRAP AHH you guys ;_; thanks for all the comments! Sorry this thread has been really dead, and that the free sprites thing is on a hiatus right now. I've been working on Doll Stories, which means that I'm not able to provide more sprites for a while ha... ha ha ;; aughh I was totally going to do a Sawayaka-kun next too
Lumella wrote:Wow, your art is really good! c: Can't help but be amazed at your sprites. :3 Do you happen to have a DA?
I don't have any public online portfolios anywhere, actually! I used to use tumblr before it got too much |D; But thanks for asking -- I'm flattered! I keep telling myself I should fix this problem and maintain an online portfolio already but IT'S SO HARD >_>

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#29 Post by Lumella »

fioricca wrote:I don't have any public online portfolios anywhere, actually! I used to use tumblr before it got too much |D; But thanks for asking -- I'm flattered! I keep telling myself I should fix this problem and maintain an online portfolio already but IT'S SO HARD >_>
If you do manage to make one, tell us! c: I'll be waiting for the day you'd finally build one. No pressure, of course. Haha!
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

darlo
Regular
Completed: Outlandish Move
Organization: Unorganised

#30 Post by darlo »

Hello!
I'm really sorry I could have sworn I'd got in touch earlier. I've used one of your sprites (Genki) in my game (Outlandish Move). I've added you to the credits list, but would you prefer a link to this thread (as it currently is) or your tumblr and so on?