A Medical Detective [Medical][Puzzle][Detective][Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: A Medical Detective [Medical][Puzzle][Detective][Commerc

#16 Post by Rinima »

hedleypty wrote:he nurse and the patients are the antagonists

That's actually stupidly rude to nurses (and by extension, student nurses). And I'm not sure I'd want to be treated like a antagonist if I was in hospital, I'd want to be included in decisions to do with my health and have my opinions taken into consideration.

I highly suggest you look at your relationships with your co-workers and patients if you think it's right to think of them like this. Because this is not a healthy way to look at those trying to help you and those your trying to help.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

hedleypty
Regular

Re: A Medical Detective [Medical][Puzzle][Detective][Commerc

#17 Post by hedleypty »

Rinima wrote:
hedleypty wrote:he nurse and the patients are the antagonists

That's actually stupidly rude to nurses (and by extension, student nurses). And I'm not sure I'd want to be treated like a antagonist if I was in hospital, I'd want to be included in decisions to do with my health and have my opinions taken into consideration.

I highly suggest you look at your relationships with your co-workers and patients if you think it's right to think of them like this. Because this is not a healthy way to look at those trying to help you and those your trying to help.
She is an "antagonist" or a "rival" because she can refuse to follow indications she considers that are dangerous to the patient, as it occurs in this case. Here the doctor must convince her and the patient about his rationale, otherwise the patient die! Bont respects her a lot of, but she can be a bit naive... Don't you get how valuable is your opinion as nurse? Of course IRL, there is a very close relation and such misunderstandings rarely occurs. But I think misunderstandings are required to get some drama...
As usual, none of the parties have any bad intention to do harm (as it stated in the case I show in the beta), and they do what they think is the best for the patient, as it happens IRL...