Long anime series

For the rest of your otaku life.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Long anime series

#16 Post by lordcloudx »

Those have been listed in the archives actually.
http://www.renai.us/name/S/

Unless you're referring to a commercial game or that one, awful 3 minute hentai game.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Adorya »

Eiji wrote:
Adorya wrote:Well, if you count dating same in the lot then there is also the Sakura War franchise.
now you're talking... in fact, I really wish they'd translate those games and re-port them for the PC or some console available in the US....
after all, they're doing that for some of the older Final Fantasy ones.. (and I mean the ones before FF7)
FF is a generic label now because Square was able to "occidentalize out" the game serie (lot of FMV, occidental character, big scenarii show hollywood type). If Enix hadn't merge with Square the Dragon Quest series would have never been out of Japan too.

Sakura War is a niche game (aka tactical dating sim) men oriented so it's really difficult to make it to the west, and the franchise now only count on the fan base because imho the game died after SW2 (the Paris part was the best of the serie, because they did an awesome and extremely precise work on info gathering) : that mean goodies and concert, which is not possible outside Japan.

Regular
Projects: Ren'Py Russian distributive

#18 Post by 000 »

Adorya wrote:
Eiji wrote:
Adorya wrote:Well, if you count dating same in the lot then there is also the Sakura War franchise.
now you're talking... in fact, I really wish they'd translate those games and re-port them for the PC or some console available in the US....
after all, they're doing that for some of the older Final Fantasy ones.. (and I mean the ones before FF7)
Sakura War is a niche game (aka tactical dating sim) men oriented so it's really difficult to make it to the west, and the franchise now only count on the fan base because imho the game died after SW2 (the Paris part was the best of the serie, because they did an awesome and extremely precise work on info gathering) : that mean goodies and concert, which is not possible outside Japan.
Te-he-he...
Actually, Sakura Wars got it's way out of the Japan. But not in English domain! In fact, it was officially translated and legally released in <fanfaraes> RUSSIA!!! prooflink: http://ru.akella.com/Game.aspx?id=374
I think, it is a first time when Russia beats English domain in anything anime-related... A am soooooo proud of my Motherland...
Last edited by 000 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<feels sowwy for his Engrish>

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Adorya »

I don't count fan translating in the lot because in that case 80% of japanese games can be considered as translated (most popular Hgame are translated in China and Korea few month after release, 3D Hgames are done by HF US teams...).

Translating by illegal means is a thing, getting it to be released translated in the general public market is another (and also english script translations of Sakura series were often up few weeks after release when the english fandom was big)