Animes you just can't stand

For the rest of your otaku life.
killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

Re: Animes you just can't stand

#16 Post by killdream »

Besides the first Dragon Ball I didn't liked the others at the slighest >_< I don't like Naruto too, and not just for the filler parts, it's overall boring (except that I like Hinata). And Digimon too, aside of the first season.

And I like Strawberry Panic. Altough I prefer Marimite but I just watched the first season... yet.

I don't really remember any other animes I didn't liked. I tend to forget about them quickly xDDD

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#17 Post by PyTom »

Earth Girl Arjuna.

The show seemed to revel in nonsense like the top of a mountain being able to produce enough food to support a person for a year. Which sounds all well and good, until you realize that Japan might have tens of thousands of mountaintops, and 127 million people. So you have an anime casually proposing WWII-scale genocide in the name of the environment.

(I'm also not much of a fan of Captain Planet.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#18 Post by MaiMai »

PyTom wrote: (I'm also not much of a fan of Captain Planet.)
Don't worry PyTom, many of us have watched that show much to our everlasting shame ;A;
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#19 Post by Samu-kun »

I dunno.... I tend to forget about the animes that irritate me because I drop them and just forget about them.

The only thing I can remember is Zero no Tsukaima, just because it's infamous enough to be universally acknowledged as something terrible. H2O Footprints in the Sand also comes to mind as something extremely stupid, just because it felt like the writer hit his head before writing each episode and forgot what happened before.

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#20 Post by Coatl »

azureXtwilight wrote:initial-D (for the ugliness). Those are for shonen right? I just watch animes my brother watches XD
x__sinister wrote:English Death Note. The voices are so horrible, I laughed.
The japanese Death Note is good, though, but I prefer the manga.
Hey I actually like Initial D's art cause they don't go overly cutesy so it gives a sense a realism in character. I honestly didn't like Ikki Tosen, I watched the entire series and I simply drew parodies of it. I hate Bakugan. I hate Totally Spies with a passion as well as Teen Titans, and Code Lyoko...
Death Note in English was rather well done, Light's (I still don't understand why people insist on calling him Raito since his name wasn't meant on having that pronunciation) voice was a bit over dramatic when it counted but hey it's better than the castillian version.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by musical74 »

Naruto for sure...waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much filler.

I'm pretty much the same as Samu-kun when it comes to Animes...if it irritates me, I say heck with it and try a different one.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#22 Post by azureXtwilight »

Coatl wrote:
Hey I actually like Initial D's art cause they don't go overly cutesy so it gives a sense a realism in character. I honestly didn't like Ikki Tosen, I watched the entire series and I simply drew parodies of it. I hate Bakugan. I hate Totally Spies with a passion as well as Teen Titans, and Code Lyoko...
Death Note in English was rather well done, Light's (I still don't understand why people insist on calling him Raito since his name wasn't meant on having that pronunciation) voice was a bit over dramatic when it counted but hey it's better than the castillian version.
Everybody has their own preferences. If you don't like bakugan then you may hate beyblade and yugioh too, like me. (altough I like the abridges series made by littlekuriboh.... :mrgreen: )

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#23 Post by Coatl »

azureXtwilight wrote:Everybody has their own preferences. If you don't like bakugan then you may hate beyblade and yugioh too, like me. (altough I like the abridges series made by littlekuriboh.... :mrgreen: )
I was actually entertained by Beyblade (me and the ghettoest bunch you'll ever meet) And Yu-Gi-Oh! was the definately the shit, it was the only card game that I understood how to play, I did good at tourney's just using some starter decks.
I honestly like it until they made the 4Kids tv series and the spinoffs that were supposed "sequals"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

YuGiOh GX? I know about it, but just don't accept the idea about "playing cards to save the world". The strategy was good, tough, but how come he's always have the right cards? The deck was, like, so thick XD

Ba'al

#25 Post by Ba'al »

-
Last edited by Ba'al on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#26 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ba'al wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:I know about it, but just don't accept the idea about "playing cards to save the world"
Not the most original idea, but since the mangaka (or series) wanted to reduce the entire "King of Games" thing to cardgames, they had to add something...kind of spectacular I guess.
Though, I think "Playing cardgames while driving motorbikes without any apparent reason to save the world" is even dumber.
LOL, you're right, that's pretty dumb too...
And a school just to play card games? OMG, how will they get to survive in the real world? LMAO

Ba'al

#27 Post by Ba'al »

-
Last edited by Ba'al on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#28 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

azureXtwilight wrote:how come he's always have the right cards?
He cheated. No, really, they specifically mention that in the last episodes.

somehow it makes me feel good to be unfamiliar with so many of the series mentioned on this thread.
Coatl wrote:I hate Totally Spies with a passion as well as Teen Titans, and Code Lyoko...
I've never really associated Teen Titans with anime. I was quite surprised the first time I heard someone mention it as such. But yeah, it didn't really appeal to me either.
"I know that I have blood on me. I know because I see it here. the things i've done are not to be condoned nor praised."
-Aiya, daughter of Raik II
Castle of Arhannia- slowly progressing. script 60% art 5% music 0% minigame 90%

Coatl
Regular

#29 Post by Coatl »

azureXtwilight wrote:YuGiOh GX? I know about it, but just don't accept the idea about "playing cards to save the world". The strategy was good, tough, but how come he's always have the right cards? The deck was, like, so thick XD
I always wanted to see someone hijack a plane in that show and Yugi stands up saying in his deep voice, "Stop! Before you crash this plane, I challenge yo to a Duel!"
the terrorist, "Ah yes if you win, we'll leave but if I win?"
Yugi "I'll sit my ass back down"

And when watching DX, I was seeing guys with the crappiest hair styles going, "I cannot let you through, you have to challenge me first!"
I was like dude, ignore the guy and beat his ass up like a man!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#30 Post by LVUER »

Taleweaver wrote:I must be the only man on Earth who doesn't like "Monster". While the initial story setup seems gripping, as soon as the way the "monster's" powers work is actually shown, it seems so cheesy - essentially, what is described as "charisma" and "natural leadership" is little more than a form of magical or parapsychological super-hypnosis, debunking the premise of a thriller firmly rooted in reality. And as I live in Germany, I absolutely can't stand the way the country and its people are depicted, especially where it concerns our extreme political right-wingers or neo-nazis. Yes, they exist, and yes, they constitute a huge problem because of their affinity for violence and the quiet sympathy they have in certain parts of our country. However, their political agenda is nothing like what is shown in "Monster" - plus, the German reunification has changed our political landscape in a way "Monster" completely fails to capture. Sorry, I just cannot relate to that supposedly kick-ass series.
Well, I don't like 'Monster' too (for a different reason), though I don't hate it.
For me, perhaps it 'Excel Saga'. The show is not just make any sense and I can't enjoy the humor. And I also hate those pointless filler (but hey, that's the fate of a popular manga turns anime, to be filled with filler)... That includes Dragon Ball and Naruto...