Otome games... suggestions?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Celestie
Veteran

Re: Otome games... suggestions?

#16 Post by Celestie »

AAAAH, I want to play the game NOW, if the heroine isn't as anime-ish. That however is impossible right now and I will continue the anime. Since you know how disappointing the series is, do you see how I suffer? =3= Oh, at least the seiyuu are awesome to listen to and the music is great. And Satsuki. *is shot*

About Hakuoki, I think I read on LJ that the artist will indeed NOT be the one of the original games, just...part of the design but not as artist herself or something; it's more like the anime design and the guys look pretty feminine, so it really...depends on one's taste.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#17 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Well, the story revolves around music. It's idiotic that the whole game is about music yet there is no good music at all. I'm hands down to the seiyuus, they've all hit the soft spot in my heart. There was a very few time I hadn't squealed hearing their voice(in the game). And their songs(in the game) had a huge impact as to how I'm such a good rhythm-based game player now. Oh, there would be another game in utapuri on nov. and it seems some new guys are coming(um, senpais, I believe).

Oh, amnesia was out the other day xD The art is really awesome, the seiyuus are awesome and *_* The boys are soo cute, the story... haven't finish one yet cause TT_TT I'm busy with utapuri to actually give time for amnesia right now...utapuri has more love from me, yeah. !!(OqO)!!
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

maypaymusic
Regular

#18 Post by maypaymusic »

I found this site just yesterday!! it's mostly commercial games but there are some free ones as well

http://www.visualnovelgames.com/

Check it out!
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by OtomeWeekend »

haha.... >:3 I just finished a normal ending(i was damn busy.... lately) from Amnesia.... :) It was an awesome game. People should really did try it. I only finished one ending in only one route yet(Kent's route), but i really liked it <3 The voice actors are awesome too and expect the expected and expect the unexpected
(I plan on making a review for amnesia once i finished it all in my blog though my top priorities were to finish the non-otome game, Sengoku Basara and 3 otome games: Bunmei Haruka Aoiza Ibunroku(meiji era otome game which is very biased and ending were all sad but i still love it, Iza Shutsujin Koi Ikusa(Sengoku Period! Yeah, Nobunaga's route is frustrating cause i can't get the renai ending TT.TT and I don't plan to cheat and use a walkthrough!!) and Kiniiro no Corda(its my first time playing a koie game ever, it was quite awesome!) x3 )

Anyone should watch out for the new otome game to be release by our trusted Otomate: Bakudan Handan if you love the art in Ace attorney... fufu~ cause he's the artist in this otome game |:3

Also, has anyone played Tokyo Yamanate Boys? It was quite popular here in japan(haven't played it yet though). IT might be good ^3^
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

maypaymusic
Regular

#20 Post by maypaymusic »

ahhh too bad they're japanese xD why do they have to be japanese? :(
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#21 Post by MaiMai »

Because... they're made by Japanese companies and intended for a Japanese audience.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by OtomeWeekend »

and it doesn't help that they can't speak English really well ^_^"

Celestie
Veteran

#23 Post by Celestie »

OtomeWeekend wrote: Anyone should watch out for the new otome game to be release by our trusted Otomate: Bakudan Handan if you love the art in Ace attorney... fufu~ cause he's the artist in this otome game |:3
Waaaaaaah?! MUST HAVE MUST HAVE *A*
You know, when I told my friend the first thing I'll do when I have a mini-job and university is to buy a PSP to flash it, she said it's a waste of money. My excuse is, it'll hopefully help me with Japanese Studies xD I just won't go and tell my professors that I am such an otaku...

I am curious about La storia della arcana famiglia. Art looks really awesome. I just cannot find anyone commenting on it or mentioning it in their otome game blogs...o_O One of the characters looks a bit like Gilbert from Pandora hearts - instant love here~ And anotehr character is voiced by Yusa Kouji. Again, instant love- *is shot* Heroine looks kinda badass and has an owl *A*
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by OtomeWeekend »

well, you might need to wait till its released.ahaha ^^" But many japanese blogs have mentioned it already and has been featured in B's log too.
And because as the title already implies its a mafia themed game and the heroine is a daughter of a mafia boss so i don't wonder why(the owl thing might probably a harry-potter reference seeing that they also included fantasy and arcana(tarot) elements on it.lol)

...I'm still playing sengoku basara and was dying to wish that Capcom finally realizes the great potential of this game/anime as an otome game T^T lol.

Have i already mentioned Stobe mania?(I think i did...) the art was awesome, i dunno but i just really fell in love with the art the moment i saw it in 8th month issue of B's log(or was it degeki girls style?).

Celestie
Veteran

#25 Post by Celestie »

Yeah, true, but even when many otome game bloggers mention soon-to-be-released games, I never found this one mentioned, so I guess it's until October then. B's Log and Dengeki Girl's Style. But I am not sure if I will get my September issue of B's Log, with my luck it's out of stock.

Hm, Strobe Mania? I remember hearing the name somewhere before but looking at the homepage I can't say I remember it from my Dengeki GS, so maybe B's Log. But true, art is awesome~

So. Anything else to recommend? Hm. Kannou Mukashibanashi Portable? (It's about Fairy Tales~...) I read somewhere they will include scenes, where dummy-head-micro recordings were used and you need to unlock those scenes where the characters will talk to you and you will (if you listen per earphones and it's recommended you do) have the feeling they are standing next to you...sort of thing. Because dummy-head-mic is just taht awesome *A* A game entirely with dummy-head-mic recordings would be awesome, and even if thoee are just scenes, I'd want to play it~

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by OtomeWeekend »

ahaha... i've had my B's log issue one month ahead(they release stuff one month advance xD) I rarely get dengeki girls style or more like becuase they haven't released any issues lately due to hakuouki special(but last month was finally harada's so maybe this month will finally have an issue). *which reminds me i should visit tsutaya now before it got out of stuck.... my 10th issue of B'S LOG!!!!* I rarely get dengeki... i actually only have 1 issue of dengeki for this year(unless i count the hakuouki specials i've bought which were five in total).

I wasn't really interested in kannou mukashibanashi sadly. :( But if you're finding something I recommend, i still strongly recommend nise no chigiri(sorry, i'm a sucker for this xD). --and sengoku basara series*gets shot for recommending a non-otome game*

----I think I've recommended already all that I'm WATCHING out for now... so can't help you much here dude ^^"
.....Wait! Let me recommend Midnight Lesson Renai banchou too xD If you've played renai banchou... think you'll prolly know the reason why ^^"

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by OtomeWeekend »

=sorry for double post=

Stumbled on Vitamin X Detective B6 xD If you are fan of the series, something you gotta get! x))

here is the site: http://www.d3p.co.jp/vitamin_x_detective_b6/

and tmgs 3 premium site: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/Girls_Side/3rd_Story_psp/ (probably would be release next year's spring!).

:) ----wait, isn't this thread about otome game suggestions?(when did it became a otome game new update xDD i hope its okay, i feel like we hi-jacked this thread).

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Riviera »

It's okay! You're suggesting the new updates! :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by OtomeWeekend »

lol. Then I'll probably go on and hi-jack this thread more for the near future ;) ....If people don't mind xD

ShirakiHime
Regular
Projects: Mermaid Revelation (GxB otome)

#30 Post by ShirakiHime »

Yo Jin Bo the bodyguards..my fav *A*