Woof-Woof-Work (otome/vamps/comedy(I hope) WIP)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

Re: Woof-Woof-Work (otome/vamps WIP)

#16 Post by Doggy Nino »

How cool!!!! This game looks really fun and comical. Also THERE'S A DOGS! :P Yeah there's a dog girl! *Tail wags with amazing speed* There's vampires too which makes me want to play even more. I will defintely be stalking this game! :mrgreen:
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

IanaBri
Regular

#17 Post by IanaBri »

I like. I like. I'm getting overexcited. It looks great so far! wow. Yay. I like the ermm...backround(ish) story too. =))

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#18 Post by YonYonYon »

I'm still here. I'm still working. Sorry for disappearing.

Progress:
1) Story - 10%
2) Character Art - 40%
3) CG Art - 1%
4) Background - 1%
ImageImage

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#19 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I wish you luck on your game. I really look forward to playing it and it you need any help with anything be sure to ask. The people in this forum are really helpful and nice and their usually happy to help anyway they can.

And I love Reese, she's awesome

Abeiramar
Regular

#20 Post by Abeiramar »

Wish you lots of luck !! Keep working on your project, your art is really good.

YonYonYon
Veteran

#21 Post by YonYonYon »

Thank you for feedback *3*

Now... I need some help with text. I'm not sure about my writing skills, so I want to ask:
1) Is this O.K.?
2) Some advise?
3) Сritique?

Here is super-puper-duper-terrible WIP-game for example =I
Attachments
Woof-Woof-Work! Text-Demo-all.zip
(15.9 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
ImageImage

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Woof-Woof-Work (otome/vamps/comedy(I hope) WIP)

#22 Post by Aleema »

Interesting start! :D

You'll need a native English editor. There were plenty of weird/off sentences, but I'm surprised by how well it was written, regardless.

Your POV (point of view) is very confusing. You start off with 3rd person, by calling Reese by her name, and then you changed to first-person ("So here I am.") as opposed to third-person ("So there she is.")

Your "???" character does not put his name into a second box like the other characters.

I would also suggest you give your text box a wider left margin (sorry my GUI senses are tingling). Like:

Code: Select all

style.window.left_padding = 10
Overall, very good start! I'm very intrigued by the castle. :D Your demo was pretty well illustrated for a text-only version. Good play through.

YonYonYon
Veteran

#23 Post by YonYonYon »

Aleema wrote:You'll need a native English editor.
Oowww! Good idea *w* thank u
Aleema wrote:Your POV (point of view) is very confusing. You start off with 3rd person, by calling Reese by her name, and then you changed to first-person ("So here I am.") as opposed to third-person ("So there she is.")
I tried to do some trick (forgot the title...). But I'll fix it to normal first-person writing. It's will look better.
Aleema wrote:Overall, very good start! I'm very intrigued by the castle. :D Your demo was pretty well illustrated for a text-only version. Good play through.
Thank you ^w^ then I'll keep write.
ImageImage

YonYonYon
Veteran

#24 Post by YonYonYon »

I'm still with yoooou~

Statistics:

The game contains 229 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 2,023 words,
for an average of 8.8 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.
ImageImage

Hollow Gourd
Regular
Projects: Gatemaster!

#25 Post by Hollow Gourd »

Is there going to be an explanation as to why the woman decided to curse Reese, or was that some sort of Dues Ex Machina excuse to give the girl dog ears?

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#26 Post by manga_otaku »

Hey hey hey~! I'm veeeeeeeery interested in this project :3 It made me laugh when I saw the sketch of Night strangling you (I'm sorry! It was just so funny xD).
I shall look forward to this :3 And the fact that it has vampires doesn't put me off (I was put off a lot when Twilight ruined the ghastly and superior image of vampires). Good luck! I look forward to this~!
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

YonYonYon
Veteran

#27 Post by YonYonYon »

manga_otaku wrote:Hey hey hey~! I'm veeeeeeeery interested in this project :3 It made me laugh when I saw the sketch of Night strangling you (I'm sorry! It was just so funny xD).
I shall look forward to this :3 And the fact that it has vampires doesn't put me off (I was put off a lot when Twilight ruined the ghastly and superior image of vampires). Good luck! I look forward to this~!
Thanks oAo Sorry for freezing this project, I was busy with real life and stuff. But I'll definetely finish it someday
ImageImage