ipod touch VNs!

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Eulu

Re: ipod touch VNs!

#16 Post by Eulu »

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puzzlesh ... 42945?mt=8#

Just found this one too. Looks like some mixture of a puzzle game and an otome? Or maybe just a puzzle game with cute guys. It says you "date with nice boys," so I guess.
I also haven't played it yet, but judging from the description, I'm thinking the translation isn't too bang-up. Still, it's free, so uh. I have no complaints, haha.

Edit: Okay so.

I'm about two seconds into this and already it's pretty bad, lol.
1. There are ads on all of the screens, excluding the actual game screen. Fair enough since it's free. But it keeps telling me I'm just one click away from "wap" sites and i'm afraid of accidentally touching and finding out what "wap" is. :|
2. The translation looks pretty much like it was just ran through Babelfish.
3. As I just discovered from letting the game run while typing this post, it doesn't matter if you win or lose; the guys will still be all, "YEAH U DID GREAT HUN. AWESOME VICTORY." Even if you ran out of time and did nothing. Supportive lovers I guess lawlawlawlawl.*
4. No dating at all, it's just a puzzle game where a boy of your choice calls you pet names and blushes whenever you get combos.
5. The guys only have like a total of five lines each.

* Turns out I'm kinda wrong. But not really. The first boy will cheer you on no matter what; the other two will just be like, "Oh. You lost. I mean, YOU ROCK. YEAH? YEAH." And then ask you to try again.

BUT IT'S FREE GUYS

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Riviera »

It seems cute, but for some reason it keeps crashing on me :(

The puzzle aspect is fairy simple, but it's a nice time-killer. Thanks!

Hahahaha, I missed one of the challenges and Takeru was like, "You failed.. :("

What can I say, all kinds of weird things trigger off my sense of humor.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#18 Post by Snow Blossom »

Not sure if anyone suggested this already, but I'd say Heian Love. The characters, backgrounds, and cgs are really well-drawn, and the stories are quite fun, with 5(?) endings each for a total of at least 5 characters (more are available, but you have to pay an additional fee to gain access to their paths TTMTT).
It's available on Ipad but I'm not too sure about Ipod Touch. But since I've found that many games under the Ipod category can also be played on the Ipad, it should probably work. :D

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#19 Post by RemnantDream »

Heroes Lore III is really good. It's more of an rpg sort of game but I love it. You can play as two different characters who are enemies. And (as usual) each of them has a girl involved. I've beaten it but I still play it :3

IanaBri
Regular

#20 Post by IanaBri »

Snow Blossom wrote:Not sure if anyone suggested this already, but I'd say Heian Love. The characters, backgrounds, and cgs are really well-drawn, and the stories are quite fun, with 5(?) endings each for a total of at least 5 characters (more are available, but you have to pay an additional fee to gain access to their paths TTMTT).
It's available on Ipad but I'm not too sure about Ipod Touch. But since I've found that many games under the Ipod category can also be played on the Ipad, it should probably work. :D
I would just like to state that Shall We Date: Heian Love is also for the IPod Touch. I completely agree that the CGs look great and the story for all 8 guys is intriguing. It's not a bad thing that they're so good looking either -.- ..... =p

The initial games costs 3.99 and to access the story for the last three boys is another 4.99, but I must say that it was well worth it!

The only downsides to the game are that there is no save feature and the skip button.
So every time you want to get a different ending for a guy you already went after or want to try a different guy's story, you have to start all the way over from the prologue.
And when you want to skip/skim/speed over parts you've already been through, you have to hold down the button and not let go. If there is a part you haven't seen/read it doesn't stop skipping for non-read parts.

Other than that, great games.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#21 Post by manga_otaku »

IanaBri wrote:And when you want to skip/skim/speed over parts you've already been through, you have to hold down the button and not let go. If there is a part you haven't seen/read it doesn't stop skipping for non-read parts.
Though this is the case, there is a "History" button which you can click to check the history log of what all the characters have said. Sadly, it's only for the chapter that you're on and it gets cleared afterwards.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

RemnantDream
Veteran

#22 Post by RemnantDream »

IanaBri wrote:The only downsides to the game are that there is no save feature and the skip button.
So every time you want to get a different ending for a guy you already went after or want to try a different guy's story, you have to start all the way over from the prologue.
And when you want to skip/skim/speed over parts you've already been through, you have to hold down the button and not let go. If there is a part you haven't seen/read it doesn't stop skipping for non-read parts.

Other than that, great games.
I agree. Right now, I have about 40 messages and they're all from Mikage (he's my favorite ^_^) cause i"m trying to get all the endings.
But it really is a good game.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Riviera »

I played Heian Love, and it's very good! Costs a bit.. but overall the english isn't bad.

I just found a game called Top Girl that has a small otome element to it. You can pick out a boyfriend and go on dates, but there is very, very little content. It's mostly like a facebook game, where you click jobs and use up energy to make money that feeds into items to do the jobs better. But in this case you have to put a chunk of that money towards buying gifts and going on dates with your boyfriend or else he starts to pout. :P

I think it's been mentioned, but Mini Gay Boyfriend and Mini Gay Girlfriend are both cute games.

The only somewhat VN games I have to mention that I found recently is:

Imprisoned: You can choose all of your clothing, your race, and your stats through dialogue choices. There are no visual representations, though, so it's very like a choose your own adventure story. You can also simply say you're really good at some things and you get good stats. I've found a few endings but I'm not sure how many there are.
Last edited by Riviera on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#24 Post by manga_otaku »

RemnantDream wrote: I agree. Right now, I have about 40 messages and they're all from Mikage (he's my favorite ^_^) cause i"m trying to get all the endings.
But it really is a good game.
Does everyone go for Mikage first? He wasn't all that attractive in the Prologue but then I clicked him and was like *o* It happened with Hisame as well...
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Riviera »

Nope! I like them in this order:

Sakuhito, Yui, Kuze-sama, Mikage, Hinata, Izo, Hisame, Masakuni.

Sakuhito's such a sweetheart, I love childhood friend romance, and Kuze-sama turns into a big softie later~

manga_otaku
Veteran

#26 Post by manga_otaku »

Riviera wrote:Kuze-same turns into a big softie later~
Haha xD I agree he does.
Projects:

RemnantDream
Veteran

#27 Post by RemnantDream »

I went Mikage, Yui, Masakuni, Sakuhito, Kuza, Izo, Hinata, Hisame. But that's the order I played. So far, my favorites would be Hisame, Yui, Izo, Sakuhito, Kuze, Hinata, Mikage, then Masakuni.

I really didn't lie Mikage much in his path. In everyone else's I loved him xD

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#28 Post by Snow Blossom »

My favorite was Hinata from the start, I have a huge soft spot for crossdressing... :mrgreen:
Then comes Izo, Yui and Mikage (tied), Sakuhito and Kuze, Mikage, and Hisame and Masakuni (I couldn't stand how the MC kept on calling him uncle D:<)