Death Rule:lost code [RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
cladinpink
Regular

Re: Death Rule:The First Rule [Thriller/Battle Royal]

#166 Post by cladinpink »

Hijiri wrote:Quoted from my blog
As I have been shown the error of my ways by the otome crowd, I hereby announce a new side story to Death Rule:
Summary
Another time, another “Game”…

After taking a heavy blow to the head, Tinasa awakes to find herself….in a high school?

“What the Hell is going on?”

To add to her dilemma, those she met while in the 44th game are also here, but they’ve changed. Abraham has become her science teacher, George has turned into a hotshot jock, and Dwight seemes to have filled out nicely as well as becoming a hardcore geek. One of these three holds the key to her return, but she dosen’t know which one. The only option left for her is to get close to them and pray for the best. This is a new type a game, one we know very well, for when you bring two people together, perhaps even love can blossom.

Statistics

3 Romance paths

1 Secret Girl’s Love path

20 CG’s
If anyone actually falls for this, I swear to God I'll actually make this
^ I spotted this on one of the earlier pages of the thread.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival] Demo 2 Released 12/31

#167 Post by Hijiri »

cladinpink wrote:
Hijiri wrote:Quoted from my blog
As I have been shown the error of my ways by the otome crowd, I hereby announce a new side story to Death Rule:
Summary
Another time, another “Game”…

After taking a heavy blow to the head, Tinasa awakes to find herself….in a high school?

“What the Hell is going on?”

To add to her dilemma, those she met while in the 44th game are also here, but they’ve changed. Abraham has become her science teacher, George has turned into a hotshot jock, and Dwight seemes to have filled out nicely as well as becoming a hardcore geek. One of these three holds the key to her return, but she dosen’t know which one. The only option left for her is to get close to them and pray for the best. This is a new type a game, one we know very well, for when you bring two people together, perhaps even love can blossom.

Statistics

3 Romance paths

1 Secret Girl’s Love path

20 CG’s
If anyone actually falls for this, I swear to God I'll actually make this
^ I spotted this on one of the earlier pages of the thread.
The date that was posted was April 1st, 2012 April Fools Day. It was a joke, but seeing as someone actually fell for it, I guess I'll do it for NaNo this year (as per my note at the end of that post)
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

cladinpink
Regular

#168 Post by cladinpink »

Haha oh well, I didn't bother looking at the date. If you do it though, I'll definitely play it!

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#169 Post by Obscura »

Hij, you'll be even more amused if this becomes a runaway hit.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi

#170 Post by Hijiri »

Obscura wrote:Hij, you'll be even more amused if this becomes a runaway hit.
If you mean LC itself, I will be frekin' ecstatic. If it's that LR game Which me and Katon have been discussing, recently. I'll be a sad panda.
Image Image

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival][Demo] Update 2/16

#171 Post by Katon »

Having a bit of trouble with the wifi at this hotel I am at.
since I am currently homeless and my old laptop got burn to a crisp. ;_;
However with any luck, I'll have Tina's sprite sent in later on today.

EDIT: Sent it~!

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival][Demo] Update 2/20

#172 Post by Hijiri »

First post updated.

Also, find out what type of Player you would be by taking this short quiz: http://snack.to/qt9fwjj1
Image Image

Dieresis

#173 Post by Dieresis »

Ok, just played the demo, so i'll leave my opinion here, hoping it somehow helps the work. (I guess)

Well first of all, i really enjoyed reading it! From the demo it seemed like a kinetic novel, (Leaving the first question aside) but guess not if it has diferent endings. Aniway, resume:

- The atmosphere was outsanding! I praise as the most importang thing in anything (Story-based) a good atmosphere. And something about Battle Royale kind of plots reall show this! Death Rule amplifies this with different objetives to each one and even more, well, death rules. That was a huge plus and made me kept pressing "P" constantly to check out who was going to pursuit who and who were the other players left. Awesome premise.
- The flow of the story was also nice. It didn't felt nor too rough, nor too slow. The conversations were good and helped establishing the characters. So, "how" you telled the story was really spot on. I did have exceptions though, and that is the introduction of Maria and Lily, the death of Tinasa (Can't put a finger on why), and the end... But that's because it's not done, so no point on bringing that out.
- I must say the always-changing pov did caught me surprised. Eventually i got used to it, but the first change from Abigail to Abraham i though i missed or skiped something. A little intermision like you did with the time would be nice. Or at least a flash. Something.
- The characters were also a strong point and... I'm not sure what else to write. Abraham, Hector and Gabe were my favorites. Less... Probably Maria.
- The drawings did the job. Actually, no, i really liked them. Specially, Abigail, Hector, Tinasa and Dwight. And George. Heck, everyone except Abraham. (Not bad, just weird pose) I'm seing you guys are revamping them. I'm looking forward to that.
- I don't remember the music. So i guess it blended nicely. That can be bad or good. Or both.
- The menues were cool and simple. I hate the overwelming variety of options Renpy normally has.
- The abilities were bold. Adding more elements makes it harder to write. For example, isn't the Map one a bit overpowered?
- Oh, yeah! What about the character's faces in the Player Screen? I always forget them.
- It's a Demo, and so we're directly pointed towards the Bad End, but i wonder how many decisions will the player have to decide. It would be nice to have in quantity. At least in the form of "Only one way out", where every wrong answer gets you killed. That would be less work, right?

Also the are another couple of things that i didn't like. I won't post them though, since they're very specific things i didn't like about the story, and they're more personal than anything else. No point then. And if you're asking why i posted this, it's because i still wanted to write my mind, asdasd.

Don't think i made a lot of mistakes writing, but re-reading the post, it's a mess. Sorry about that. Oh, and good luck with your future projects.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#174 Post by Hijiri »

Dieresis wrote:Ok, just played the demo, so i'll leave my opinion here, hoping it somehow helps the work. (I guess)

Well first of all, i really enjoyed reading it! From the demo it seemed like a kinetic novel, (Leaving the first question aside) but guess not if it has different endings. Anyway, resume:

- The atmosphere was outstanding! I praise as the most important thing in anything (Story-based) a good atmosphere. And something about Battle Royale kind of plots really show this! Death Rule amplifies this with different objectives to each one and even more, well, death rules. That was a huge plus and made me kept pressing "P" constantly to check out who was going to pursuit who and who were the other players left. Awesome premise.
- The flow of the story was also nice. It didn't felt nor too rough, nor too slow. The conversations were good and helped establishing the characters. So, "how" you told the story was really spot on. I did have exceptions though, and that is the introduction of Maria and Lily, the death of Tinasa (Can't put a finger on why), and the end... But that's because it's not done, so no point on bringing that out.
- I must say the always-changing pov did caught me surprised. Eventually i got used to it, but the first change from Abigail to Abraham i though i missed or skipped something. A little intermission like you did with the time would be nice. Or at least a flash. Something.
- The characters were also a strong point and... I'm not sure what else to write. Abraham, Hector and Gabe were my favorites. Less... Probably Maria.
- The drawings did the job. Actually, no, i really liked them. Specially, Abigail, Hector, Tinasa and Dwight. And George. Heck, everyone except Abraham. (Not bad, just weird pose) I'm seeing you guys are revamping them. I'm looking forward to that.
- I don't remember the music. So i guess it blended nicely. That can be bad or good. Or both.
- The menus were cool and simple. I hate the overwhelming variety of options Renpy normally has.
- The abilities were bold. Adding more elements makes it harder to write. For example, isn't the Map one a bit overpowered?
- Oh, yeah! What about the character's faces in the Player Screen? I always forget them.
- It's a Demo, and so we're directly pointed towards the Bad End, but i wonder how many decisions will the player have to decide. It would be nice to have in quantity. At least in the form of "Only one way out", where every wrong answer gets you killed. That would be less work, right?

Also the are another couple of things that i didn't like. I won't post them though, since they're very specific things i didn't like about the story, and they're more personal than anything else. No point then. And if you're asking why i posted this, it's because i still wanted to write my mind, asdasd.

Don't think i made a lot of mistakes writing, but re-reading the post, it's a mess. Sorry about that. Oh, and good luck with your future projects.
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it. (And no, don't ever hesitate to leave a critique. I'm all ears, people!)

About the Map ability: we only see it from a 2D plane, while the traps could be above, below, or even split amongst the area it marks. Then there's the fact that it doesn't tell you which Player is what, so for all you know, you could run into someone who would want to kill you.

And yeah, there are a few more choices after that first one, but that one is just the split between the bad ending and the rest.
Image Image

Skyefrost
Regular

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival][Demo] Update 2/25

#175 Post by Skyefrost »

I love this so much. XD The concept art reminds me of devil survivor, which made me so excited to play the game. It does remind me of Battle royalle as some other posters said but I really like it. I like the music it's fits the mood and the gui. Love the coversation and how the character are so different. Oh and the intermission was very entertaining.XD Abraham's sprite sort of bothered me. lol

Found just one really minor spelling/grammar error, normally I don't see these things cause my grammar/spelling is pretty bad. (I rely too much on spellcheck)

"If everything goes according to plan, by tomorrow, the Committee will know what it means to loose control. I just have to buy it time"
XD it's lose not loose.

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

#176 Post by Katon »

Skyefrost wrote:I love this so much. XD The concept art reminds me of devil survivor, which made me so excited to play the game. It does remind me of Battle royalle as some other posters said but I really like it. I like the music it's fits the mood and the gui. Love the coversation and how the character are so different. Oh and the intermission was very entertaining.XD
The artist of Devil Survivor, Suzuhito Yausda has been a big influence on me for quite awhile. I only decided that during the revamp that I would work that style into this project. So I'm happy to see able to see that people can recognized it a bit. The current sprites in the demo were the ones I did in January of last year.

Also, I am not doing any more sprites this month due to the NaNo thing going on which I am helping Hijiri with soo... yeah. DESPAIR.
Skyefrost wrote:Abraham's sprite sort of bothered me. lol
Also, are you talking about Abraham's old sprite? Or the new one? If it's the old one, don't worry I kind of want to set it on fire too >_>;;;

Edit: Spelling and other stuff asddfgghjjkl;'

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#177 Post by Hijiri »

With the bulk of NaNo now done, I'll begin transitioning back into this project up until I release White Package. Once that's done, I'll go full steam on this.

(I already miss writing bloody death scenes ;_; )
Image Image

KochiyaChii
Regular

#178 Post by KochiyaChii »

File is not found :c

But i'd want a demo
I L I K E P L A Y I N G O T O M E G A M E S
and other games
that's pretty much it

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#179 Post by Hijiri »

KochiyaChii wrote:File is not found :c

But i'd want a demo
Here's a link.
I'll probably add another mirror later. Please be sure to leave feedback~
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#180 Post by Hijiri »

3-fer today: 2 updates and a call of duty.

Update 1:
Preview.JPG
Sprite previews. (And a secret)

Update 2:
I'm starting to get back to a decent pace for LC, and have gone back and added a few things I felt needed to get added. Currently, lost code looks to be the longest Episode.

Looking For:
I need an editor to go through and correct/clean up Iarumas' Episode since I'm not exactly the best person to take care of it. If you wish to volunteer, feel free to PM me.
Image Image