NaNoRenO 2007- The ren'ai visual novel challenge!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Scout
Veteran
Projects: A Princess of Venus

#166 Post by Scout »

Ack... I register, then I totally forget to log in. That was me.

Mr. E
Regular

#167 Post by Mr. E »

Umm... After one full day working on an entirely new game I think it's about time I declare that I will, despite what I said in earlier posts and even though I am currently in the middle of another game, participate in this year's NaNoRenO. Sorry for not announcing before but I was still hesitant, and only after writing an entire scene and feeling how smoothly it all came out I decided that this game was a worthy entry for NaNoRenO.
And what about the other game? Well, it will probably be a whole lot harder, but I continue working on that after I finish my NaNo project, and I wil still try to finish it by the end of march or begining of April. Have I gone mad? Hmm... Possibly, but I would like to say that my entry for NaNoRenO will be VERY small. In fact, I think I could pull it off in 15 days (but that we'll just have to see, won't we?)
I wouldn't recomend on trusting my promises very much though... :?
And to all those involved with NaNoRenO: May the caffeine be with US!! :evil:

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#168 Post by chronoluminaire »

Wow! Excellent! Welcome, Scout! Welcome, Snow Puma and the rest of Delicious Orange! Our, er, panties are looking forward to seeing your games! ;)

And congrats to Mr E on the elevation to full NaNoRenO status!

May the caffeine be with you all!
Now, keep it up, all of you - and keep it to a manageable size. You can and will do it by March 31st, you hear me?!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#169 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Alright- that makes 22 games in the making for NaNoRenO, and 2 games for IntRenAiMo. If everyone finishes, the Ren'ai archives will be bolstered by over 45 percent- that would be phenomenal.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#170 Post by DaFool »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:Alright- that makes 22 games in the making for NaNoRenO, and 2 games for IntRenAiMo. If everyone finishes, the Ren'ai archives will be bolstered by over 45 percent- that would be phenomenal.
And if every game were made in Ren'Py, that would be over 60% increase in Ren'Py games, hitting it above the 50-game mark.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#171 Post by mugenjohncel »

Ah!... now that I have recovered some of my precious data from my accidentally GHOSTED HD... my motivation is quite high right now!...

Goes back to work on my NaNoRenO project... with a :D

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#172 Post by chronoluminaire »

You got (some of) your data back? Awesome! D
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Nomad

#173 Post by Nomad »

Hi. Just updating to say that Raindropmemory and I are going to work together on our NaNoRenO project as a team.

28 days to go =)

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#174 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Gyah! Still racking my brain over some basic plot points!
So if you think you're the slowest team right now, you're probably wrong ^_^;;; .
Progress is coming though. It's coming...

pheriannath
Regular

#175 Post by pheriannath »

Me, I'm doing nothing but script. My draft right now amounts to nothing more than words against a black screen...gah.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#176 Post by Watercolorheart »

I'm so happy! Even though my project doesn't have a title, I completed one sprite set and emoticon set for own girl, which only leaves our male protagonist and the other girl to be completed, as far as character art goes. I also did one BG. I'm going to hold on to the writing and the art for now, and only release it when the game is done.

I'm also about nearing the last 70% of the story ... it's a multi-path game, and I'm hoping to get it out at least a couple days in beta because I know I missed typos, and it's impossible for me to play through *all* the paths. Because of that, I think I'm going to leave the script unencrypted in case someone wants to fix something.

So ... if the hardest thing for me will be picking a name for it, then I'll be ahead of the game ^_^.

The only thing I'm dreading is the other 10 BGs or so ... I'm going to have to do one a day to complete them all, because that last one took 5 hours! (it looks really good, but ... whoa.)
I'm not even the same person anymore

Jake
Support Hero

#177 Post by Jake »

I've been leaving the scripts to my programmer project partner so far and concentrating on the artwork, but as a result I've got a fair bit done. Although at least two of my BGs have taken four or five hours just to do flat shading. I hate drawing bookshelves...

Teaser:

We do have a title, but I think it's a secret...
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#178 Post by Watercolorheart »

Jake wrote:I've been leaving the scripts to my programmer project partner so far and concentrating on the artwork, but as a result I've got a fair bit done. Although at least two of my BGs have taken four or five hours just to do flat shading. I hate drawing bookshelves...

Teaser:

We do have a title, but I think it's a secret...
I could easily flat something for four hours, if it was complicated. Bookshelves ... oy.

Don't tell me, you're doing lines on your backgrounds, right? I opted for lineless digital painting. Additionally, that's the style most animes use. I found it's a little quicker for me in the workflow.

I "sketch" with an airbrush my areas of color and then use Shift+Click to connect two points in Photoshop to make it smoother.
I'm not even the same person anymore

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#179 Post by F.I.A »

Unfortunately, I doubt I can enter any of the -RenO due to the fact exam month falls on March. So, I will just post to wish you guys a good luck on this mission.

Dang, if anything, Winter Shard is only out at April....
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Jake
Support Hero

#180 Post by Jake »

BCS wrote:I could easily flat something for four hours, if it was complicated. Bookshelves ... oy.
Well, there's a library. I hear it's traditional to have bookshelves in libraries, but... well, there's only ever going to be one library background, put it that way. ;-)
BCS wrote:Don't tell me, you're doing lines on your backgrounds, right? I opted for lineless digital painting. Additionally, that's the style most animes use. I found it's a little quicker for me in the workflow.
Yeah... I guess I should have tried lineless, but I'm not used to it, I do lined BGs all the time for comic pages... and I like a lot of construction lines for getting perspective at least close to right. :/ I'll look forward to seeing your backgrounds!
Server error: user 'Jake' not found