Magical Boutique

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#181 Post by DaFool »

Hmmm...you want to update the main webpage with those links?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#182 Post by monele »

No, I want some beta-testing first :P. And once it's okay, we'll put the files on visualnews too I think ^^

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#183 Post by DaFool »

I won't be able to beta-test for more than a week or two

(Backlog of games :D )

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#184 Post by monele »

It doesn't have to be you ^^. I mean, it's still pretty much version 1.1 with fixes. I played it yesterday and reached the end, so it *does* work.

I'd say new players should get this version and just report if there are any new bugs... Or maybe there won't be new players if it's in beta?... but then what's the point of a beta if there's only one person testing? :/...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#185 Post by DaFool »

monele wrote:... but then what's the point of a beta if there's only one person testing? :/...
Ehehehe...that statement so applies

Jake
Support Hero

#186 Post by Jake »

Well, I'll be giving it a go; I've been playing through other NaNo games the last couple of days (amongst other commitments) but I've been looking forward to giving the new-and-improved Magical Boutique a try. I'll just have to download it a third (or is it fourth?) time. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#187 Post by monele »

Would a patch be more convenient? (after all, there's only changes in the code)

Jake
Support Hero

#188 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:Would a patch be more convenient? (after all, there's only changes in the code)
To me, not really, no; I'd have to download something either way around, and patches are usually more fiddly to apply than blitzing the whole directory and unpacking a new one. People on dialup would probably appreciate it, though...

As it goes, though, it finished downloading in the time it took me to write this reply. ;-)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#189 Post by monele »

If/when you tell me you didn't have any problem with it, I'll give it an official release ^^

Jake
Support Hero

#190 Post by Jake »

Well, I've gone all the way through to the end, now, using 1.2 beta - there were only two things that seemed like they might have been problems that I noticed:
Firstly, Framboise mentions that the tax collector didn't even have binoculars... it seemed like she probably meant glasses?

Secondly, the final heal-the-guards mission was quite surprisingly easy - because after Dalmaryon had performed the initial experiment to determine the viaiblity of the ingredients my stocks of orpiment and amber only went down by 1 each. I was expecting him to use all the ingredients he'd said he needed in the first place, and for me to be left having to gather enough to make the potions from scratch; as it was, I had enough potions to heal the guards within a week of that event, I think. Was that intentional?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#191 Post by monele »

Oops, frenchism :). I fixed it.
Yep, it seems I misused one of my objects... :/. This should be fixed.
Thank you ^.^. I'll make the fixed version an official release :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#192 Post by DaFool »

The frenchism was pretty cool though ^_^.