The past and present works of JumpJump. [Critique Welcome]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

Re: The past and present works of JumpJump. [Critique Welcom

#181 Post by JumpJump »

Edit: removed video link

I'm trying to think of a way of embedding in the post, but I'm not sure if I can do that. I'd like to know your views on it. I personally like that fact that I was able to make the static effect for the switching between channels, without looking anything up

I just wanted to draw something cute.
1407195_JUMPJUMP_lammy_and_kat_final__no_layers_.png
Someone had drawn a anthropomorphic Jiggly Puff with Chibi Usa's hair in a keyhole sweater. I don't know why but I couldn't resist myself and had to have a go at it.
1394836_JUMPJUMP_usa_puff_puff.png
Last edited by JumpJump on Sat May 28, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

JumpJump
Veteran

#182 Post by JumpJump »

I love comics. It's what I always wanted to do. Since my younger days of reading the Beano to the web comics of today, comics have been a fantastic source of inspiration for me and others all round the world. I'd really like to thank all those involved in creating ren'py. My discovery of it re-ignited my passion for drawing again. While I still plan to create (and complete) a VN, my skill of drawing and story writing are still lacking.

Sometimes, you just have to go for it. Just going ahead with what pops into your head and working on it can yield unexpected results. I have always found that but letting my instincts take over, I discovered that I'm able to do something I couldn't before. But, I'm still learning every day.

Story behind this comic:
People love to ship characters together, regardless of who they are and their relation to each other. So I wondered if I could lure them into a false sense of hope that "shipping" was going to happen, then I'd hit them with a joke that (hopefully) will let them forgive me for my deceit.

*side note*
Mabel is a cat as the original website I uploaded this to has a big rule against humans and anything suggestive. So to that I did her as a hybrid (changed by Bill) and she seems to be quite popular with the other users.
p1.png
p2.png
p3.png
Story behind this comic:
This is a request I got. Now while what I was asked was just a simple idea, I got a story stuck in my head. Talking to the requester, we stuck a deal and I went to work on this comic. It is unfinished, the line work/ shading is rushed and I've been working on a few pages at a time. I have received both praise and "unhappy" comments (just the idea of a character that's been hurt is enough for some people). I wanted to see if I could draw something with a cohesive narrative that can bring out some emotion from the reader. I have not planned out the pages nor written any script (I'm really bad at doing this). I should work on completing this.
Cover page.jpg
page 1.jpg
page 2.jpg
page 3.jpg
page 4.jpg
page 5.jpg
page 6.jpg
page 7 .jpg
page 8.jpg
page 9.jpg
page 10.jpg
page 11.jpg
page 12.jpg
page 13.jpg
page 14.jpg
Page 15.jpg
page 16.jpg
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

JumpJump
Veteran

#183 Post by JumpJump »

A re-do of a old drawing.
wendy and mabel (redux).png

JumpJump
Veteran

#184 Post by JumpJump »

To save time I'm gonna leave out as much info as I can, or this post will just be a big wall of text.

I've been working on a comic recently that is 90% improvised. I'm only 60 pages in and it is horribly rushed, but some people seem to like what I'm doing. Anyway! Colour me shocked when I started to see the odd fanart of my comic.

Here is the page in question (you might have to click on them):
loud comic 25.png
I then spotted these a few days later:
55273e05531bf79d98f8f2c3cd39c94139145935.png
1466444635123.png
Seeing those gave me the idea to try and give it a little movement:
Comp_1_5_2.gif