The last book you read or what are you reading right now?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The last book you read or what are you reading right now

#181 Post by Zelan »

The last one that I finished was Night by Elie Wiesel, for English class. I've also just started to read Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow.

Nephalos
Completed: Palinurus, Fare Thee Well - Watercress Studios
Projects: Avitus, Numerous League of Legends Fanfiction Stories
Organization: Watercress Studios

#182 Post by Nephalos »

I've long been a fan of the classic fantasy novels (R.A. Salvatore and his sorcerous ilk). As of late, though, I'm reading H.P Lovecraft's Complete works, which is an exhaustive, dark, grueling, and fantastic read.
Zelan wrote:The last one that I finished was Night by Elie Wiesel, for English class. I've also just started to read Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow.
I had the privilege of seeing Elie Wiesel in person as he was touring in the States to support his book. His stories were even more terrifying to be told about in person.

Yoface

#183 Post by Yoface »

Just read "The Simpsons and Philosophy". It's a good read if you're into philosophy, but now I feel like reading a bad ass novel, maybe something by Junot Diaz, that dude can write :D

Nylan
Regular
Completed: Segmentation_Fault (Nano16)
Projects: Currently free
Organization: MagicEngineering

#184 Post by Nylan »

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman. Great. Also The Burning Dark by Adam Christopher. Not great.

I'll probably jump into Calamity or Dune Messiah next, along with Superforecasting.

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#185 Post by MoonByte »

Howls Moving Castle.
It is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!
I'm not even sarcastic, I loved the Ghibli movie, but the book had me captured and I teared through it in two days.

And my last book was "Timing for Animation" and "The Ten Old Men" (a book about the work of the nine famous main animators at Disney), some lecture to improve on my 2D animation skills