Death Rule:lost code [RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival][Demo] Update 5/16

#196 Post by Hijiri »

Hoping to get some feedback on this.
What do you guys think of the Music Room layout?
Music Room.png
Like? Hate? Indifferent?
(This will probably be like a base of sorts for the other two galleries)
Last edited by Hijiri on Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#197 Post by Reikun »

I think the sub heading "listen to the in-game music at your leisure" is too spaced out, making it hard to read. Reducing the character spacing should fix that easily. I'm really surprised you have Prev and Next track text/buttons (!!!) Just how many tracks do you have??

Overall I feel I can't really comment much on the music room because I'm not sure how it looks compared to the other screens. Got any more previews? (also, why link the image when you could embed a thumbnail or have it as an attachment? I think more people are willing to give feedback if you make it easier to see the picture!)

Edit: Just re-read that you're going to base your other galleries on this design. I would say I'm a bit indifferent to it. There are some design choices I'm not really sure are good (huge padding/font size for the song name buttons, while Prev/Next is tiny and just text). I like that you want to make it super easy to distinguish when a certain track is selected. I think you could probably get away with decreasing the size of the track title buttons so Prev/Next doesn't look jammed up at the top. I mean, overall it looks okay but I'm not sure if it's as functional as if could be :/ [[Note: I am not a designer. These comments are coming more from a usability/player perspective I guess]]
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi

#198 Post by Hijiri »

Reikun wrote:I think the sub heading "listen to the in-game music at your leisure" is too spaced out, making it hard to read. Reducing the character spacing should fix that easily. I'm really surprised you have Prev and Next track text/buttons (!!!) Just how many tracks do you have??

Overall I feel I can't really comment much on the music room because I'm not sure how it looks compared to the other screens. Got any more previews? (also, why link the image when you could embed a thumbnail or have it as an attachment? I think more people are willing to give feedback if you make it easier to see the picture!)

Edit: Just re-read that you're going to base your other galleries on this design. I would say I'm a bit indifferent to it. There are some design choices I'm not really sure are good (huge padding/font size for the song name buttons, while Prev/Next is tiny and just text). I like that you want to make it super easy to distinguish when a certain track is selected. I think you could probably get away with decreasing the size of the track title buttons so Prev/Next doesn't look jammed up at the top. I mean, overall it looks okay but I'm not sure if it's as functional as if could be :/ [[Note: I am not a designer. These comments are coming more from a usability/player perspective I guess]]
Thanks! The reason I have the buttons large is so that I can fit as much of the song title as I can. However, as you can see with a few of the tracks in the example, even then some track names are far too long for these.
As for the next/Prev. buttons, I decided to move them near the bottom where they have more room and increased their size.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#199 Post by Hijiri »

Updated the front with a new logo. Also, I'm hoping that in the next few months the full game can be finished. (If my own school and personal life doesn't do anything else to hinder my progress)

In other news, since the final release will probably have a lot of content cut from it, there will be a version available for those masochists with decent internet connections people who like to see old stuff. Will also contain unarchived versions of the tracks and raw CG's (Of course, those CG's will have watermarks to keep any of you 'opportunists' from using them) as well as a look at the past version of the game and a brief look at the world of Death Rule.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival][Demo] Update 7/10

#200 Post by Hijiri »

The first post has been modified. Go check it out!
Image Image

Dieresis

#201 Post by Dieresis »

Only posting because. Hope you don't mind. Well, so far the redesign is looking good! Both in menu and character wise! Regarding the music gallery design, honestly i like it how it is, it's stylish in my opinion, leaving aside how practical it is. I mean, as long as it's pretty... I'm not sure how it would work with images, though.

Oh, and i'm a bit confused about the game itself, does "Lost Code" covers the entire survival game? Or just a part? When i played the demo it seemed like it would cover all, but i've just read in you're blog something about a "Killing System" which made me wonder about that.

In any case, good luck, hoping the project flows well.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#202 Post by Hijiri »

Dieresis wrote:Only posting because. Hope you don't mind. Well, so far the redesign is looking good! Both in menu and character wise! Regarding the music gallery design, honestly i like it how it is, it's stylish in my opinion, leaving aside how practical it is. I mean, as long as it's pretty... I'm not sure how it would work with images, though.

Oh, and i'm a bit confused about the game itself, does "Lost Code" covers the entire survival game? Or just a part? When i played the demo it seemed like it would cover all, but i've just read in you're blog something about a "Killing System" which made me wonder about that.

In any case, good luck, hoping the project flows well.
Thank you for commenting, glad you like the revamping!

About Killing System...that's something that occours after the conclusion of Lost Code, which is a full death game. Of course, details about KiSy will be kept under wraps until I'm ready to talk about it. Just know that nothing is ever as it seems, and even a happy conclusion can bring about worse things
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#203 Post by Hijiri »

Just dropping by to say that I think the 3 month deadline I put on myself might actually be met. All the new menus and stuff have been fully coded, and some revisions are being done for The Final Rule.

In the meantime, I leave you all with this:
Black and white to hide spoilers. Also, this is a close up of the full thing.
Black and white to hide spoilers. Also, this is a close up of the full thing.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival][Demo] Update 8/10

#204 Post by Hijiri »

Added some CG's to the first post
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival|Suspense] Updated 8/18

#205 Post by Hijiri »

3 new sprites and 3 new bios have been added to the front page. Also, feel free to click the screenshots in the Image section to see them at their full size.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival|Suspense] Updated 8/21

#206 Post by Hijiri »

George's sprite and bio have been added to the first post. Expect new screenshots soon!
Image Image

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

Re: Death Rule:lost code [Survival|Suspense] Updated 8/21

#207 Post by Katon »

I thought I'd let everyone know: mostly all the sprites are done

I sent in Hector and Maria so expect to see their profiles soon. I'll have Gabe up sometime next week. I also have a few CGs I have to work on and then pretty much all the art will be done.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival | Suspense] 8/26 All Cas

#208 Post by Hijiri »

All sprites are now done. A round of applause for Katon, who worked hard to get them all finished quickly.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#209 Post by Hijiri »

File 1 of 3
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#210 Post by Hijiri »

File 2 of 3

File 3 of 3
Image Image