Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#2446 Post by LVUER »

Inspired by an Rhododendron's 2009 adventure game, Mimi wo Sumaseba, I made this "cat-ear" (nekomimi) piece.

I don't know why but I feel it's really cute to see girls with animal ear. Do anyone also feel that way? Add a tail and she wil be perfect ^_^ But unfortunately, I was only making a half-body portrait so tail isn't going to be visible anyway.

I also love real cats (no, not that kind of love, you sicko). Too bad I have an allergic to cat's fur so cat is a big no-no for a pet -_- hiks... Instead I have a dog.

Speaking of dog, perhaps next time (after I finished my piece for a Tokusatsu contest) I will do another "ear" piece, Inumimi (dog-ear).

Oh, btw, any comment and critique will be gladly welcomed.

And as usual, if you are interested in higher resolution version, you could always download it in my DA account.
Attachments
NekoMimi_458x600_by LVUER.png
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

IceD
Veteran

#2447 Post by IceD »

So cute ^.^ There's something in the way you draw most of female characters that makes then undeniably like this :) I think you should drop the clean cell-shading and aim for more, because I know you can!

Yeah... I also like cats but can afford to have one with me because I'm allergic as you are, so I know how it feels :( I've taken cure for several years so I might propably have one now, but my parents which I still live with are also allergic, so all that's left is desperation :(

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#2448 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#2449 Post by LVUER »

@IceD:
Undeniably like what? I don't really get the meaning... And by aim for more, you mean by achieving the style like a true digital painting (like most artist use)?

One of the reason I can't keep a cat as my pet also because my parents hate cat. Not just cat though, all kind of mouse, lizard, snake, anything that have more than 4 legs, and anything that wriggles...

mugenjohncel:
Thanks, it means a lot if it's coming from you ^_^
Can you point out the anatomical error? Perhaps it's my style, I don't know, but it couldn't be hurt to know... and it could be a good reference for my further learning.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#2450 Post by pkt »

Same as Mugen, LVUER. I'm becoming a fan of your style but I do wonder what else you could do.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

afu
Regular
Completed: \(^o^)/
Tumblr: afusushi

#2451 Post by afu »

I always have a soft spot for girls with neko/cat ears XD
I do have to admit its adorable! Great job - please post more if you decide to draw that inu-mimi pic!
I like cats but I LOVE doggies XD
(*´﹃`*) Commissions Open! Art samples: afuji.org
Looking to work on otome games~ (indie or commercial)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#2452 Post by MaiMai »

Hm, been a while since I posted here, but I'll put up a fanart I did just recently. It's mostly a coloring experiment, but I just wanted to draw Elizabeth from Gintama. :D
Attachments
[complete]mrraindrop.png
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

LVUER
King of Lolies

#2453 Post by LVUER »

A strip of Fate/Stay Night doujin. Perhaps Saber's fan would kill me if they read this ^_^

Have you sometime wonders why Saber have to be a girl? King Arthur is a guy, he fell in love with girls and eventually married a girl too (and engaged in relationship with many more girls), he had children and descendants... and that means he had a xxx with at least one girl too. According to a magazine, Saber was supposed to be a guy (and Shiro was a girl, with different name, of course). But Kinoko eventually asked the designer (forget his name) to draw Saber as a girl (and Shiro as a boy). I understand though, since Fate/Stay Night is an eroge game!

But that's from the technical side... how about from the "real" life side? King Arthur still supposedly a guy and yet Saber is a girl. That's the main idea for this strip.

-----------------------------

I just realized that this piece is quite fast (for a strip). Of course the rather poor quality reflects that... but I don't have much time right now so I have to rush this one (I know, I'm busy but still want to make this strip, perhaps I'm a "sick" man after all -_- ).

At the last panel, Saber's skirt folds look unrealistic. But since I'm aware of that after I finished with this strip, I'm just too lazy to fix it... And also, in panel 3, I forgot to add the ribbon in Saber's chest... again, I'm too lazy to fix it).

And as you can see from the filename, it's p1 (page 1). It means there will be at least one more page since I already have an idea for the page 2... but I still have no idea for page 3 and the rest.

This time, I upload the highest resolution version here, so you don't need to download it from DA account on purpose since it's just the same.

EDIT: After I reconsider, 1200x2880 could be too big for some people, so I re-upload the lower resolution version (and delete the higher res one, to avoid confusion). For people who could easily open the 1200x2880, I bet they could easily open a DA page. So for those who want the higher resolution one, now have to go back to my DA account, sorry for the inconvenience.
Attachments
Fate Stay Night doujin p1_480x1152_by LVUER.png
Last edited by LVUER on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeviantArt Account

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#2454 Post by MaiMai »

LVUER wrote:A strip of Fate/Stay Night doujin. Perhaps Saber's fan would kill me if they read this ^_^

Have you sometime wonders why Saber have to be a girl? King Arthur is a guy, he fell in love with girls and eventually married a girl too (and engaged in relationship with many more girls), he had children and descendants... and that means he had a xxx with at least one girl too. According to a magazine, Saber was supposed to be a guy (and Shiro was a girl, with different name, of course). But Kinoko eventually asked the designer (forget his name) to draw Saber as a girl (and Shiro as a boy). I understand though, since Fate/Stay Night is an eroge game!
I believe the character designer is Takeuchi Takashi. He's the main artist for TYPE-MOON stuff.

Ah, yes I remember the character designs for boy!Saber and the female counterpart of Shiro. Makes one think, Fate/Stay Night could have been an awesome otome game with oodles of fantasy and action. But it's just great as it is.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#2455 Post by linkdragon0 »

PURE WIN!
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#2456 Post by azureXtwilight »

MaiMai wrote:
LVUER wrote:A strip of Fate/Stay Night doujin. Perhaps Saber's fan would kill me if they read this ^_^

I believe the character designer is Takeuchi Takashi. He's the main artist for TYPE-MOON stuff.

Ah, yes I remember the character designs for boy!Saber and the female counterpart of Shiro. Makes one think, Fate/Stay Night could have been an awesome otome game with oodles of fantasy and action. But it's just great as it is.
True, true. :mrgreen:

afu
Regular

#2457 Post by afu »

Hmm so did some doodling and ended up with this.
(;3;) Cat-boy and Dog-boy... *dies*
I think I played Ryunosuke's route too much in DaCapo GS lol

Ack I need to practice for my who knows when it will ever be done game ^^;;;
Of course, any tips/suggestions are always welcome!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#2458 Post by azureXtwilight »

I love those boys! *squeals!*

I guess you're really good at it!

afu
Regular

#2459 Post by afu »

Aw, thanks so much! XD But no, I really have so much more to learn! >w<)

I lurked on the forums from a long time back too, and I've got to say your artwork has improved in bounds! Please keep up the awesome work! ^^ Looking forward to your game~

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#2460 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I want to hug them. -squee-
deviantART
---------------------