Love Revolution, uh, revolution

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: Love Revolution, uh, revolution

#31 Post by mikey »

Here is Namiki's Day, then.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#32 Post by monele »

Thank you very much ^_^ *bows*

EDIT : aaaand I'm stuck! ^^;... Just to be sure : can this be won at least?
I got many clothes and am wearing them... I put a cd in the stereo... I got a tea bowl... I'm washed and makeupped + lipsticked... Mmm... and now, I wonder what to do ^^;...

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#33 Post by Taleweaver »

It can be won. Namiki's goal is to leave the house, go out and have some fun. Achieving this goal, however, will require a bit of thinking - the problem with leaving the house should be quite apparent...

And while you're at it: Akari's story. http://neoshaman.ifrance.com/art/writin ... sStory.taf
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by monele »

Ah well, I'm not *sure* what the reason is, so I guess I haven't looked enough... or missed something from the intro (I was a bit tired ^^;...). I'll give it another try. And thanks for the other adventure ^^

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#35 Post by Taleweaver »

Ok, here's for those who don't want to keep guessing:
Namiki's grandfather will only have her leave the house if she's dressed properly like a traditional young lady, meaning in kimono attire. Namiki can leave the house like that, but if she does, she'll feel too embarrassed to really have fun. She'd rather wear something stylish, but then again, her grandfather won't let her leave. Now if there was a way to sneak the cool clothes past him...
Solution:
Dress traditionally and hide all the other cool clothes in the tennis bag. Talk to your grandfather properly dressed. Proceed to the antechamber, then switch clothes to the cool stuff. Leave the house and voila. Bonus points (and some background) for praying at the shrine and serving the tea to your mother.
With Akari, you're in a totally different situation. Your mission is simply to get through the day, which can be achieved by typing in "wait" a gazillion times. Of course, you could also explore your surroundings, find plenty of stuff to do, find a problem and try to deal with it. ^_^
More about me in my blog

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Wow, someone found this...

#36 Post by gekiganwing »

I didn't know that the Akari's Story text adventure was ever online. Sweet.

If anyone was crazy enough to bring back the Love Revolution project, then it'd probably be best to approach it piece by piece. Break it down into smaller games. Don't get bogged down by attempting to re-create Tokimemo... at least not without adequate funding.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Wow, someone found this...

#37 Post by mikey »

gekiganwing wrote:I didn't know that the Akari's Story text adventure was ever online. Sweet.
There were always both games available AFAIK, but Akari's link was always broken, at least whenever *I* tried. But it doesn't matter - I got it now :)
gekiganwing wrote:If anyone was crazy enough to bring back the Love Revolution project, then it'd probably be best to approach it piece by piece. Break it down into smaller games. Don't get bogged down by attempting to re-create Tokimemo... at least not without adequate funding.
Well, I've given up NaNoRenO for a project that (I know now) cannot be finished anymore, and I'd really like to find something new, and something that I am involved in, but that I (for once) don't write. I feel I can do this, I mean that is possible for me to MANAGE it - and maybe if we get the people together, we can revive this project (well, as it is dead now, maybe not revive, but only "work in the spirit of LoveRevo").

I don't really have any big plans for 2008 anymore (maybe a small game, but that would not interfere with Love Revo Renewal - provided we would get permission to use the name), and I'm sure with the talent around here we could create a really memorable game. I think that with a little effort and discipline, this can be done (mid-2009, possibly), and I'd offer to take the (overall) lead, even though I think that two more leaders (1 design/art and 1 technical) should be appointed.

Some additional information for the interested:
This is of course, April Fool's Day.

I do believe though, that the forums have the talent and such a game would definitely be possible, but this specific idea (even if I think it is in fact realistic if people truly wanted it) was just for the April 1st post.

[the below text is just to make the spoiler post look huge and spectacular]

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by monele »

April's Fool polite joke rules : a polite joke should go from bad to good. Announcing a bad news and then saying it was a joke means relief. Announcing a good news and then saying it was a joke means disappointment.
I'm disappointed! ;o;...
Strangely, I played a bit of Tokimemo II a few days ago and gosh! am I still wishing to have something similar in *english* ._.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#39 Post by Taleweaver »

monele wrote:
April's Fool polite joke rules : a polite joke should go from bad to good. Announcing a bad news and then saying it was a joke means relief. Announcing a good news and then saying it was a joke means disappointment.
I'm disappointed! ;o;...
Strangely, I played a bit of Tokimemo II a few days ago and gosh! am I still wishing to have something similar in *english* ._.
As it is still...
April's Fools Day
have you ever played "True Love"? As close to TokiMemo as it gets, and in English. Only problem: it's hentai, and heavily so. More of a mating sim than a dating sim...
More about me in my blog

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by monele »

Yeah, played it, but as you say, it's a bit too hentai when you just want some cuteness ^^. And I think it's a lot smaller in scope, too : I've finished all the girls in True Love but only have 3 in Tokimemo 2.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#41 Post by Taleweaver »

More about me in my blog

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#42 Post by Alessio »

Taleweaver wrote:Hooray?
Uh, not really yet, plans changed it seems. See the recent thread http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
Current projects: Visual Novel "Cyberlin"

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#43 Post by rioka »

monele wrote:
I'm disappointed! ;o;...
:agrees with monele:
And it was turning out so well too... TT_TT At least I still can revive Fragile Hearts... maybe... after Foxtaile... :runs and hides:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by mikey »

But... people don't mind all the Tsukihime 2's or Shizuku translations... I thought "polite" meant no false hopes, and I think when the information is written in a single post, that should count as polite. And I did explain that this concerned only the "me doing it" part - since I do think a large project is possible at any time, however as I am now fully booked, it won't be me. And hey, sometimes things start as pranks and then someone does it (Real Life)...

However, I would probably personally not recomment reviving this project. Salvaging some ideas, maybe, but I think a fresh project would make more sense at this point. LR is gone, and as Taleweaver said, anything from now on would be a completely new effort.