Ristorante Amore [2012] - COMPLETE

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Ristorante Amore [2012]

#31 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

All the sprites are officially done!!! On time too, barring some minor tweaking and animations. Yay!

I should be able to start on the background real soon over the weekend. Another challenge to get done in a week >:3

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#32 Post by Blane Doyle »

Oh wow! I have been looking forward to BCM for so long, mostly in part due to the story and art, that seeing that makes me REALLY want to play it!

The art is amazing, as always, and I love the setting you guys have chosen. I am sold on that alone, but the characters make it even better!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#33 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

HAHAHAHA! I figured it out! I have never done animation in Photoshop before (I usually use After Effects) so this was pretty satisfying to try out. It's a bit jagged because it is missing frames, but still, I feel proud :)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#34 Post by jack_norton »

Grats, this is coming along very nicely, pro-level.
p.s. Angelina is hot :mrgreen:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#35 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thanks Jack, glad you like it (and Angelina ;))

Random smoke test that is actually relevant. Looping is unfortunate but do you guys think it at least looks a little bit like smoke?

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#36 Post by Camille »

Whoaaaa, this is so cool! O_O Especially the smoke part, but Lily's blinking looks really good... It amazes me how quickly you master new things.

Oh, and an actual update: the prologue is done now. I'll be moving on to part two, but basically the script is about 50% complete.

Endorphin
Veteran

#37 Post by Endorphin »

It's really pretty - actually looks like smoke, good job. :>
I looked over the animation and it looks like the looping is disturbed because of the frames - your last frame has the same shape as your first frame (if you ignore the opacity for a moment) - your first and second frame also have the same shape.
This means that the same smoke image is shown 3 frames straight, while the other variations are only shown one frame - if you remove the last frame (and maybe also the first/second) it should run pretty seamlessly.
(And the light would just need some more opacity steps so that it's not that hard.)

But great job nevertheless, it looks so real! =)

- R.

PS. Camille - your wordcount and discipline is amazing. =w=

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Blane Doyle »

These look absolutely amazing! If they are this good now, I can't even begin to imagine how this will look when it is finished.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#39 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Ryouko Wow, thanks for the feedback :D I thought it was something like that but I couldn't quite get it to work. I have no experience in that kind of animations so I'll have to do a little study ^_^' I totally agree that that is what is wrong with it.

@Bane Reiko Thank you :) I'm hoping it turns out really nicely too. It has been great fun so far and feel like I have learnt a whole heap.

I have done two background out of five so far and I'm ahead of where I thought I would be. I was trying something different to see if I could do backgrounds quicker so I mixed what I normally do with some stuff from fox-orian and bits of what I picked up from OokamiKasumi. It works :D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Camille »

Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words, maybe a video is worth a thousand pictures? Who knows. I thought it was high time since we're 1/3rd through the month and Auro finished enough of a BG that I don't have to do a video with placeholders everywhere. xD

This is basically an introduction to the guys using part of the first scene from the prologue. Even if this is more polished compared to some of our screencaps so far, there's still lots of room for tweaking, so don't think of this as the final look for RisAmo yet. The video is available in HD if you view it on YouTube. Enjoy~ :D

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Blane Doyle »

Oh wow... Oh WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...

I wasn't expecting anything like THIS when I got on today! Seeing the background and a screenshot was one thing, but the VIDEO. OH WOW THE VIDEO!

The backgrounds and beautiful and the sprites stand out wonderfully against them. And the UI! It is so elegant and looks beautiful against everything! I love that Lilly gets bust shots on the side when she talks, it is one of my favorite features in some visual novels but I don't see it used often enough for me. To see it all slightly animated made it even better!

I also enjoyed reading it as it played, it was interesting throughout and the characters each have their own interesting bits that I enjoyed.

My only issue is the sound effect of the plates breaking. It nearly gave me a heart attack. But I suppose a shock was what was called for so it isn't that much of an issue at all.

This is just a personal preference, but I also think the bit at the beginning with Lilly daydreaming could be a bit longer. But for what you have it is VERY good and doesn't really need any changes overall.

This is my first time giving detailed feedback on a WIP so bear with me, I am not particularly good at this yet.

#42 Post by Guest »

I just created an account to comment on this. I really like the design of the characters and interface of the novel. Can't wait to see what the final version looks like!

xt0xicx89

#43 Post by xt0xicx89 »

Guest wrote:I just created an account to comment on this. I really like the design of the characters and interface of the novel. Can't wait to see what the final version looks like!
Fail.. i thought i was logged in :(

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Camille »

Bane Reiko wrote:My only issue is the sound effect of the plates breaking. It nearly gave me a heart attack. But I suppose a shock was what was called for so it isn't that much of an issue at all.
Ohh yeah, Auro said that, too. XD I think the thing is that it's playing when there's no music, so it's a surprise. But as you said, it's *supposed* to be a surprise, so... Well, I'll try turning it down a little bit, but in the game you can set the volume of sound effects, so that shouldn't be as much of a problem, hopefully.
Bane Reiko wrote:This is just a personal preference, but I also think the bit at the beginning with Lilly daydreaming could be a bit longer.
I didn't want her inner monologue to be too long right off the bat. :c She does a lot of it throughout the prologue and in general I prefer to show rather than tell... So instead of her complaining about how hard her work is and about how much of a butthead Ethan is, I just show both of those things and then she reacts to it. XD Don't worry, Lily will daydream plenty later.

Anyway I'm glad you liked the video and we always appreciate feedback. <3 I hope that the final game will be able to live up to your expectations. :D
xt0xicx89 wrote:I just created an account to comment on this. I really like the design of the characters and interface of the novel. Can't wait to see what the final version looks like!
Oh wow, that's super flattering! >////< Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy the game once it's released! You should check out some of the other NaNoReNo games, too. There's lots of great stuff being made this month. :3

Another quick update... I've finished putting together the official RisAmo website. There isn't a whole lot there that isn't also in this thread, but there might be a few hints here and there. >:3 The front page also has a poll for which character is your favorite. Or you can go here for the poll. I'll be doing another favorite character poll after the game comes out since I suspect favorites will change once you've played the whole game. XD

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#45 Post by teacup »

I'm so impressed by how much you guys can accomplish in so little time.
I wish to be as diligent as you two someday.. (´・ω・`;)
Anyway, I saw on the website that this is going to be a sci-fi game.
No matter what angle I look at it from, I just can't see anything sci-fi about this, so I'm VERY curious to see where the sci-fi parts will come in!