Re:Set Episode 1 Re: [Complete]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Remake [Male/Fem MC][RPG][VN][Mystery]

#31 Post by azureXtwilight »

Some updates...

I've finally finished asking around for voice samples, and here are the voices I'm using for battles. Hope you like 'em! ^^
Voices.rar
(499.34 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#32 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Ooh, Re:Set is being remade? *needs to finish the original one*

And is it just me....or is there a Suwabara Jun in here like in Doppelganger, only she's older? By any chance, is there a relation, or is it mere coincidence that they have the same name? ^.^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#33 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yeah, they are the same! This is actually an unofficial sequel of doppelganger XD

Also : Thank you for commenting. Sometimes comments are the things that kept me going. I am afraid that no one will play this since it's not an otome. *shot

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#34 Post by Kokoro Hane »

azureXtwilight wrote:Yeah, they are the same! This is actually an unofficial sequel of doppelganger XD

Also : Thank you for commenting. Sometimes comments are the things that kept me going. I am afraid that no one will play this since it's not an otome. *shot
Oh my gosh unofficial sequel!! <333 Yay, Jun! (She's one of my favorite).
I wonder if Yuri's in there somewhere.... *is shot*
I really enjoyed what I have played of the original, though! I think it's cool how you have a switch between male and female perspective, and how the main girl is already in an established relationship. I also LOVE the opening *.* I plan to finish the original soon, and part 2! Oh! And my friend reviewed part one of the original on her blog; http://paperchimes.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... unflowers/
I bet she'll be happy to know it's being remade~ And I am also an anime/manga review blogger, so note that I'll be reviewing myself when it's done, and also your other projects <3 Keep up the good work *_*
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#35 Post by azureXtwilight »

Kokoro Hane wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:Yeah, they are the same! This is actually an unofficial sequel of doppelganger XD

Oh my gosh unofficial sequel!! <333 Yay, Jun! (She's one of my favorite).
I wonder if Yuri's in there somewhere.... *is shot*
Actually, yeah. He's there. I already posted a sprite of his in the first page.
And I hope your friend will enjoy it!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Ahh, so that's him? My my, he's good-looking.
I wonder why they have the same last name though XD
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#37 Post by Nuxill »

azureXtwilight wrote: Because I can :mrgreen: Hahahaha, just kidding. I guess there's no reason than it looks more unique.
What if you centered the colon? Right now it just looks like sloppy kerning. That's not enough to turn people away but it does have a tint of amateurism to it.
azureXtwilight wrote:
Yes, but like I mentioned before, battle is skippable. My reasoning was:
1. There will be battles, a lot of it actually. I am not good at writing battles, so I decided to skip the writing part and replace it with a battle system. You'd rather do that than see me write "He swings his sword! She blocks" right?
2. Investigation system allows me to insert hidden scenes and extra endings.
3. I just want to challenge myself~

And yes, it's very simple as in you don't have to go leveling up and stuff, but doing so will provide you some extra artworks or something like that, I guess.
You said that it would be skippable with a password after you beat the game though? Are you going to put an option at the beginning to be able to skip?
Personally I think that if you'd like to challenge yourself you should work on a project that is centered around the battles and have this one with just the item finding scenes. Of course it's not my game soooo...
azureXtwilight wrote: Really? It's kinda widely used in the internet, so I don't know XD
Yeah, 'trap' is actually a pretty terrible term. It may be widely used on the internet, but that doesn't mean it's right. I mean, people use the word 'rape' affectionately too.

I hope I don't come off as trying to start an argument! I just think that your work has evolved a lot and I'd love to see you bring it up to an even higher level with tight gameplay and great design.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#38 Post by azureXtwilight »

What if you centered the colon? Right now it just looks like sloppy kerning. That's not enough to turn people away but it does have a tint of amateurism to it.
There's already a lot of games names reset. I feel like making it different by giving it a colon, it's all. Besides, there are more ridiculous sounding game names.
You said that it would be skippable with a password after you beat the game though? Are you going to put an option at the beginning to be able to skip?
Personally I think that if you'd like to challenge yourself you should work on a project that is centered around the battles and have this one with just the item finding scenes. Of course it's not my game soooo...
I might also make it completely skippable from the beginning without being able to beat the game first. I don't know yet. Someone gave me an idea of giving the players a skill to wipe out everything at once if they pick that option though, and it sounds good as well. I already have people voicing battle voices already, not using them is a waste. My reasoning about not good at writing battle scene still stands, though. If you're asking "Why not use a co-writer?" I've had experiences of co-writers giving up on me halfway so I'm not sure.
Yeah, 'trap' is actually a pretty terrible term. It may be widely used on the internet, but that doesn't mean it's right. I mean, people use the word 'rape' affectionately too.
All right, I'll keep it in mind.
I hope I don't come off as trying to start an argument! I just think that your work has evolved a lot and I'd love to see you bring it up to an even higher level with tight gameplay and great design.
Don't worry! In actuality, you have given me a lot of things to think about! :) I'm really open to suggestion! I also plan to release a short demo to see whether people like it...

I also asked around about other people's opinions and here's what I get:

http://azurextwilight-rllz.deviantart.c ... -357822576

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#39 Post by KissOfDeath »

Wow! Looks even more amazing than the first take !
Like before, you know where to find me if you need a proofreader again ! ;) (Hopefully I wasn't too bad those last two times.)
It's been a bit slow for me in the job department and since I'm on a break from school I have even more time to do stuff xP
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Nuxill
Veteran

#40 Post by Nuxill »

azureXtwilight wrote: There's already a lot of games names reset. I feel like making it different by giving it a colon, it's all. Besides, there are more ridiculous sounding game names.
Oh, I think you misunderstood me! Kerning is the space between the letters. I'm just suggesting you move it over to the left a little bit, not that you change the name :O I think the name is fine.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#41 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ah yeah, sorry about it. I'm going to fix it right away.

So I've been thinking, about the game mechanism. What do you think about it, folks?

- Battle mode
> Standard : Enables battles
> Story : Battles will be completely skipped, party members will be set to default, which mean special events that needs battles will be turned off as well (watch out, you may skp some cgs/endings!)

As for now, there's no one who asked about skipping investigation mode, and skipping it will be a hassle.

Also, I'm gonna release a demo soon, so I have a few questions for you guys:

- How long/How many words?
- What features do you want to see?
- Will you give feedback?

Nuxill
Veteran

#42 Post by Nuxill »

the amount of words for a demo doesn't bother me as long as it stops somewhere that 'feels' right. Something to get the reader's feet wet. It would be nice to include at least one scene with investigation and one battle so we can get a feel for them too.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#43 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nuxill wrote:the amount of words for a demo doesn't bother me as long as it stops somewhere that 'feels' right. Something to get the reader's feet wet. It would be nice to include at least one scene with investigation and one battle so we can get a feel for them too.
All right, got it thanks!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#44 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hey guys, I am currently looking for someone to proofread this. I've finished the length enough for a demo and I wonder if someone wants to help out... KissofDeath is also helping out but I need more than one to make sure!

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 647 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 6,908 words,
for an average of 10.7 words per screen.
The game contains 8 menus.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Re: [RPG][VN][Mystery][Proofreader need

#45 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I wouldn't mind proofreading! I'm pretty good at catching typos ^.^
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"