The "Unorthodox" Dating Sim/Otome Game?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

Re: The "Unorthodox" Dating Sim/Otome Game?

#31 Post by Chocopyro »

Asceai wrote:Unorthodox otome game- otome game with asshole protagonist. Bishoujo games have included some pretty truly horrible protagonists (I'm not talking incompetent, or clueless, or insensitive, or indecisive- I'm talking just plain mean), but I've never seen an otome game do this. Just once I'd like to see a female protagonist who immediately takes steps to antagonise everyone she meets. This is an awful character to include in a work of fiction, but if it's the protagonist it can work!

Basically, this idea appeals to me because after playing akatsuki works' Hello Lady! I realised how insanely fun this kind of character can be. I also view it as compensation (perhaps overcompensation) for the many years of doormat otoge protagonists I've had to endure.
While I don't write Otome games, I have had thoughts about doing one with a protagonist like this. I didn't realize it so uncommon. :lol:

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#32 Post by Pyonkotchi »

Otome game with huge beefy bara looking cast. including the main character herself. polyamory is an option if you manage to get multiple people interested, there is also a gay option. maybe takes place during a weight lifting competition. impress the the object of ur affection with how much u can lift

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#33 Post by Ran08 »

AoyamaReika wrote:
peapodprincess wrote:
curry nochi rice wrote:you are oxygen, you date the rest of the periodic table, with a chemist as a match maker. :v
Well, I know what I'm making next NaNoRenO. ;)
Peapodprincess beat me to it! And the personality of each element is based on its properties.
You guys will deliver, right? Right? :) Don't disappoint us! Hahaha.

Anyway... hmm, unorthodox? Probably one where you don't get to choose who you end up with. Like... maybe somebody else's relationship with that person will affect which person you end up with? Hahaha. :))

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#34 Post by Anne »

Pyonkotchi wrote:Otome game with huge beefy bara looking cast. including the main character herself. polyamory is an option if you manage to get multiple people interested, there is also a gay option. maybe takes place during a weight lifting competition. impress the the object of ur affection with how much u can lift
Sounds fun :lol: