Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN]

#31 Post by Doomzilla »

Gah! You people and your deceptively generic game names! I didn't realize this was synokoria until I stumbled across it on tumblr! :lol:

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
Yes! I am so excited that it's Mira! I loved her in Halloween Otome! I remember thinking that I wished she was the protag in that game (even though I liked the MC).

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P
Well, first it was Daire because oooh pretty. Then I kept reading and now it's all about Zane. A rebel recluse sounds perfect. That may change if he's an uber flirt though.

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
A little bit, yes. I thought the ones in HO were really well done, and I enjoy actual gameplay along with my story time. But it's certainly not a deal breaker, so don't sweat it. I will happily play either way. 8)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] update GUI

#32 Post by 15385bic »

Doomzilla wrote:Gah! You people and your deceptively generic game names! I didn't realize this was synokoria until I stumbled across it on tumblr! :lol:
LOL you're not the first to tell us that :P
Our naming sense is pretty bad ^^'
Doomzilla wrote:A rebel recluse sounds perfect. That may change if he's an uber flirt though.
Well suprisingly the Count was super popular despite his flirty nature. Dont worry. Zane aint a uber flirt.
ChibiShock wrote: learning about this game probably just made my day, so thank you!
well we're gonna take forever so u may have to wait quite a while ^^'
Erikka wrote:And I don't really like mini-games. Hope there will be a way to skip them.
We're not having minigames in VO. and in HO it was completely skippable
Alice PH wrote:Maybe because the effect of Halloween Otome is still in my head @.@
We cant surpass the boys of HO? @__@
KittyKatStar wrote:The megane... >.>b
Good luck with the game. I enjoyed Halloween Otome a lot. ^_^
The megane...my reaction too XD
and thanks 8D
Cobweb wrote:I remember being involved in a discussion about the innocence of otome protagonists and although I’m all for more naïve characters they can be incredibly irritating in their submissive nature. Hopefully Mira will be different and more than just a little feisty!
Mira sure aint submissive so no problem! I believe she is different from a lot of otome mc's. ^^'

and update for GUI
We are working slowly OTL

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] update GUI

#33 Post by Doomzilla »

Well surprisingly the Count was super popular despite his flirty nature. Dont worry. Zane aint a uber flirt.
....Okay, yeah. You have a fine point. The Count was totally not my usual type and I loved him to bits. You guys just write great characters. :)

KanukoBlue1236

#34 Post by KanukoBlue1236 »

I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!

1. Of course! When I found out there was a second one I just had to play it.

2. Zane. A rebel sounds cool and it might be some secret part of his personality. Plus, I also wanna be a writer (maybe)

3. I really don't care too much about the mini games, but they were pretty fun! I don't think it really matters but it's just a fun extra 😁 I can't wait til the game is done!!!
I love singing, acting, and writing! I love all sorts of games (I can only play windows games tho) even gore and smut (i know, big difference and kinda perverted, but dun judge) I LOVE NIGHTCORE

I don't have a dirty mind, I just have a sexy imagination. ~Linda (mah buddy) 20-something

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#35 Post by PaupauSenpai »

GAH. You guys!! ;0; I LOVE you guys! Halloween Otome was so lovely!! I got so excited when I saw Mira will be this game's character too!!
1. I WOULD PLAY THIS EVEN IF THE PROTAGONIST WAS A TOMATO. OnO Nuff said.
2. Oh god all of them are equally intriguing! I think that I will probably look at Zane's route first, then Daire's because of that whole "can't afford a scandal" thing ovo, and thennnn Kiron for that whole "carries a flame for someone" ooo ~u~
3. HO's mini-games were cute, but tbh I suck at those slide puzzle things so...I think I'm fine with not dying over those again xDD (Completely my own fault though I'm stupid LOL)
The main thing I loved about Halloween Otome was the characters and their lovely stories, plus how they unfolded really wonderfully. The mini-games were a pretty polish to me >u< just adding to your awesomeness. So I'm okay with anything you feel like adding or not adding, as I come for the story! >w<

With that, I shall be awaiting this patiently, along with your future Christmas and New Years Otome xDD (THOSE GOTTA HAPPEN SOME DAY LOL)

Khalliope
Tumblr: jasmine-amyy
Deviantart: khalliope

#36 Post by Khalliope »

Ohh! This looks like a very cute game!

Ahh the art is amazing, the story is cute and there are very many handsome boys in this game, so yes, definitely! Also, a questionable protagonist is interesting~

Zane. Definitely Zane. Only because I have a thing for silver haired boys with golden eyes.

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
No, not really. I actually prefer visual novels having no mini-games so it will focus more on the story. Also because I suck at mini-games. But for a cute one like this one, mini-games can be a little bonus~

Anyhow, good luck on this project! It seems very promising! I look forward to future updates!

Shaples
Regular
Completed: Christmas Sweaters
Projects: White Lie, Tropichu!

#37 Post by Shaples »

I just finished playing through Halloween Otome and immediately went to find out what else you've made, which led me here. HO was so good that, well, I think this sums it up nicely:
PaupauSenpai wrote:I WOULD PLAY THIS EVEN IF THE PROTAGONIST WAS A TOMATO.
Also, I'm glad you're going pay what you want so I can throw money at you this time around. Really excited for this!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by 15385bic »

Shaples wrote:I just finished playing through Halloween Otome and immediately went to find out what else you've made, which led me here. HO was so good that, well, I think this sums it up nicely:
PaupauSenpai wrote:I WOULD PLAY THIS EVEN IF THE PROTAGONIST WAS A TOMATO.
Also, I'm glad you're going pay what you want so I can throw money at you this time around. Really excited for this!
i'm really glad you enjoyed it X]
but im not sure i'd like playing as a tomato? ^^'
throwing money can be dangerous - coins hurt. but i'm glad you're excited for VO =]
PaupauSenpai wrote:With that, I shall be awaiting this patiently, along with your future Christmas and New Years Otome xDD (THOSE GOTTA HAPPEN SOME DAY LOL)
....you dont know how close you are...:P

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#39 Post by Ferdokki »

Not sure how I've missed out on this, but now that I've found you I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO I can stalk...er, follow this thread carefully to monitor your activities. *____*

Lol, anyways....in regards to your questions:

Lol, yes! Questionable characters are always kinda fun to play! ;D Plus, Mira's character description sounds like she's a fun, spunky girl, and I love protagonists like that! ♥ One word of caution though: "Questionable" is good, but "stupid" is not. Some people I've seen try to make their characters "different", and they end up having them make stupid decisions or say dumb junk. As the person playing and seeing the world through the protagonist's eyes, it's irritating if the protagonist does/says uber dumb junk. If you make them do/say questionable things, please make it reasonable/realistic! >.< Flirty is fine, but dumb-ditz is not. ;P

I REALLY love the artwork for all of them! Mira's so pretty, and her personality adds onto that. =) In the guys, I like Kiron and Daire, especially Daire. Wow, he's so hot. *__* I'm not the type of girl who goes for the glasses look, in fact, I usually don't pursue those guys at all. But Daire...wow. He's so beautiful. He looks like an angel. Oh glob, I'm fangirling over a CG. xS

No.
Most of the VNs I play are just straight-forward text/decision-based, and I actually prefer VNs like that. IMO, mini-games sometimes detract from the fluidity of the story. Cuz it's like you're playing through a story and learning about the plot and characters and etc, and then all of a sudden..."Find 10 paintbrushes in this scene" or "Find the differences in these 2 photographs" and I'm like "Wat?!" x( So no, I'm not too disappointed. =P

I'm really looking forward to this, it looks like super fun! =D Good luck on development! n____n

ColaCat
Veteran

#40 Post by ColaCat »

Wait, a quick question, is this a sequel to Halloween Otome?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by 15385bic »

ColaCat wrote:Wait, a quick question, is this a sequel to Halloween Otome?
... Kinda
Same universe and after but we won't really be focusing on the events of HO
The events did happen but let's just say Mira has other things to worry about >_>

there may or may not be cameos of the boys

ColaCat
Veteran

#42 Post by ColaCat »

Oh, okay. I loved Halloween Otome so I'm looking forward to playing this. :)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by 15385bic »

Thanks to all the people who have shown interest in our game Halloween Otome with Halloween coming up and all. It’s been really lovely to see people still enjoying the game months after its release.

And for those who’ve been looking forward to Valentines Otome - well here is a look at the title screen.

And yes we’re taking our sweet time (; ̄Д ̄)

We should be ready to release a sneak peak sometime in the near future hopefully.

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#44 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Woa~ Is it weird that I find Mira in the main menu even more attractive than the guys? XD She's just like an angel ^^
But everything looks so nice! Their sprites and poses in the menu look great too!
PS. Waiting *patiently* for the sneak peak :3

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#45 Post by PaupauSenpai »

Kyaaa! Cameos would be sooo cute ;w; And that title screen is beautiful!!
Please take as much time as you need! 8D I shall wait patiently >u<~
Current Project:
The Color of Life, a slice-of-life otome game with a hint of fantasy, dreamworlds...and bunny and kitty boys.
Link to the WIP thread here