Trying to learn how to draw [Feedback&Requests]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Hoyuu
Regular

Re: Trying to learn how to draw [Feedback&Requests]

#31 Post by Hoyuu »

@King-sama: AHHHHH, thank you so much!!! It's much easier to understand and visualise when you put it like that! Specially the glasses part, I probably should have studied more references before drawing one, but I'm pretty sure my internet wasn't working when I first drew the sketches and then I simply forgot about it afterwards... >.>'''
And yeah, I do have lots of artists who inspire me xD at the top of my head I can cite AoiOgata01 from DeviantArt! And I really, really, like the way she draws characters and the way she colors, it's very unique!

Another artist that I really love is ASK from pixiv! (Or Asukaziye in zerochan). Her art, in my opinion, is just completely and utterly gorgeous!

There is also おにねこ (Onineko on zerochan), whose beautiful coloring just makes me want to cry sometimes.

There are many, many more, but for now I'll leave it at that xD

Making the halloween sprites as a set sounds like a pretty good idea to me! Suddenly I just have this really big urge to draw a witch, so I guess the Halloween are coming first before the older ones xD I'll try drawing it using the lineless style since it seems more people liket it :3
Also, your question about artist that inspire me makes me wonder about artists that inspire you xD do you mind telling me about some of them?

@warmsundae: Aww, that's wonderful <33!! I'm very glad that you think my art is nice, and I guess confortable to look at is a really good way to describe my art. Nowdays I refuse to post or keep any of my art that I don't like to look at, so when I make a scketch I don't like I just close that drawing withouth saving and immediatly try to draw another thing that looks nice to me.
About my designs, I guess I just have a really huge visual library of images that I like saved on my computer, and when I say huge, I mean huge! Not just images other people drew, but photos of places, clothes and many other things that I think are nice to look at.
Vector drawings are nice, but I honestly prefer to just free hand everything xD glad that you like the contrasting effect.
I guess I'll try drawing children after I finish making some halloween and middle aged sprites, variety in a single style is nice, right?

@indoneko: I'll make some sketches tomorrow! It's been a long while since I tried to draw children, it'll be good practice :,D

Mellanthe
Regular

#32 Post by Mellanthe »

Just dropping by to say that your improvement really has been amazing!!

I agree with King-sama that your lines are a little bit stiff that is boxes off some of the potential in your art. Have you tried colouring over your sketches? Sometimes, lining your art can take away from it dynamism.

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#33 Post by King-sama »

Hoyuu wrote:@King-sama: AHHHHH, thank you so much!!! It's much easier to understand and visualise when you put it like that! Specially the glasses part, I probably should have studied more references before drawing one, but I'm pretty sure my internet wasn't working when I first drew the sketches and then I simply forgot about it afterwards... >.>'''
And yeah, I do have lots of artists who inspire me xD at the top of my head I can cite AoiOgata01 from DeviantArt! And I really, really, like the way she draws characters and the way she colors, it's very unique!

Another artist that I really love is ASK from pixiv! (Or Asukaziye in zerochan). Her art, in my opinion, is just completely and utterly gorgeous!

There is also おにねこ (Onineko on zerochan), whose beautiful coloring just makes me want to cry sometimes.

There are many, many more, but for now I'll leave it at that xD

Making the halloween sprites as a set sounds like a pretty good idea to me! Suddenly I just have this really big urge to draw a witch, so I guess the Halloween are coming first before the older ones xD I'll try drawing it using the lineless style since it seems more people liket it :3
Also, your question about artist that inspire me makes me wonder about artists that inspire you xD do you mind telling me about some of them?
8) yeah, you should have done so XD it's better to look up references for everything new you are gonna draw so you learn how to draw it correctly from the start

And about AoiOgata01, yeah, she draws nicely, but, the way she colors is just sketchy with photoshop filters lol you can do better than that

Oh, ASK!! I know that artist! 8D I love their compositions most~ especially, this one~ This one is super pretty, too~ X)

Yeah, having inspirations collected always helps

Right, problem is that urges don't last long, it is just for few minutes XD so yeah, start with them first (and fast lol)~
BTW, the coloring you did in Feb29 (on the first page) seem more interesting to me than this last one (I have just seen it today ^^"). The painterly look of it is nicer, color choices too. What if you started learning that instead (so it becomes easier for you)? you can start with fast sketch with first layer, second layer for base colors (look it, then add shading sketchily), third for fixing or adding stuff //easier said than done I know ^^' but, it will get easier with practice~
This one is the nicest of them
not sure if this person's art gonna help. Some of this one's art is also nice
Andthis one
And if you didn't want to return to it, it's up to you 8)

Lol well then, some of my inspirations are Darkavey I like her coloring~
And AquaSixio loves her colors~
And Rosuuri's art is love!!
Aaand, a little from arsenixc
and some others, but forgot their nicknames ^^' Real life is one of them XD
hoyuu wrote:Nowdays I refuse to post or keep any of my art that I don't like to look at, so when I make a scketch I don't like I just close that drawing withouth saving and immediatly try to draw another thing that looks nice to me.
Don't do that!! that's a mistake I am guilty of many times before lol You will sketch something, then you think it's ugly, but you don't think of it as ugly coz it's ugly, you think it that way coz you didn't finish it yet. Do your best to not throw (or delete) any work just coz you think it's ugly. You will benefit out of it later than lose if you finished it (like redrawing it many years later and feel proud of your process)
You will also be programming your mind that if you started something it means you are gonna finish it no matter what and that will help you not keeping lots of "junk art" aka wips. Care about producing finished art than caring about doing pretty art
Summary:
-it will help you practice sketching, lineart (if you choose to do it), and coloring and so get faster at them
-have something in the future to compare your process
-become more productive
And, last thing I wonder.....are you Australian?? o3o