Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3061 Post by pwisaguacate »

Aines445 wrote: [....]

[five lines of lol]

Oh! My posts are soooooo short! I want to write pages of stuff(not literally, you get the point)! But I can never do it! WHYYYYY?! XD I feel like my posts are always useless because of this! Or that I don't leave good criticism in works in progress, or that I don't voice my opinions clearly (That happens often to me....), or that I was rude...I stopped many replies that I was posting, that makes me feel bad. And in the editor, what feels like 5 lines of text is in fact 2! And also something else to get out: I still haven't made a single game! I don't even have plans! I feel like I should make one, everyone tries so hard and makes games, and most of them are free, it makes me feel bad that I don't even have something I'm working on....*sigh*.....
I too have an issue when trying to write stuff at will. Often times I either blank out and "nothing remarkable to say" or I do but can't exactly just write it down. Looking at my old notebooks, though, sometimes there will be entries where I literally rant through the third page, and I don't write that big. (The last part of your post is still larger than mine! [Then again, I dislike talking about not being able to talk about anything since it's a waste of time and space.])

Don't fret, I also haven't made a game... yet. Eventually I'll be able to put a decent amount of time into things, primarily practicing art (shall I specialize?).

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#3062 Post by Reikun »

KomiTsuku wrote:I haven't gotten six continuous hours of sleep in two weeks.
I feel your pain :( Take care! ;__;
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

borisoda
Regular

#3063 Post by borisoda »

Was stuck in traffic for 2 hours and half
could have taken only 40min if it wasn't for that accident~~

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#3064 Post by JumpJump »

My beloved Guinea pig "Jingen" who had been with me for many years just died. I held him while he he had his last breath. Only a few months ago my other Guinea pig "lupin 2nd" died after having him for for around 6+ years . It chokes me up about Lupin because if the vet who had seen him, did her job instead of trying to fleece me of money, he would still be alive!

I F****** HATE MONEY GRUBBING B*******!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#3065 Post by arachni42 »

Aines445 wrote: Oh! My posts are soooooo short! I want to write pages of stuff(not literally, you get the point)! But I can never do it! WHYYYYY?! XD
Really? I always feel like my posts are way too long. I'll start out planning to throw in a quick 2 cents and it ends up being 1000 words long. The worst part, though, is that sometimes I spend so long thinking about and writing it that, when I look at it in the end I'm like, "Boy, I have TOTALLY over-thought this and it's not a very good post and I'm embarrassed" and then don't even post it!

I am very amused we have such opposite problems.... but it seems that the result can be the same. (ie. feeling it's useless and not posting)

(must... quickly... post... before... second-guessing myself...)

Edit: And then there's my habit of 2 seconds later going back to edit like 3 words or adding a sentence, just like this one
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3066 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK this is stupid!!! :x

I just replaced the aging quad core units and upgraded today my main office in Makati and got my employees 8 new i5 machines (with CDR King Mouse and Keyboards :mrgreen: ) configured for gaming despite being primarily used for AutoCad, rendering and the usual office work... yes I know they install things like games and play and facebook and other crap behind my back when I'm not looking but I'll overlook it as long as you get the job done because I'm a good boss... :)

So PC Express assembled and delivered each machine and have Windows 7 Starter installed (Pfft...) because they insist I don't get Windows XP because it was too old and the motherboard and other technical stuff work best with Win7 but there is no way in Hell I'm gonna buy that crappy Windows 8 because it is made for fags so I go with Windows 7...

Everything was OK and everyone is happy so I left for Batangas to look for my other Businesses when I received a call that all the machines are acting strange and kept saying that the OS is a fake and not Genuine MS product?...

Excuse me!?... I paid Php1,850.00 a copy from a reputable vendor and now you are telling me that they are counterfeits!?... Of course I MAD!

Long story short, they send a technician and told me that Windows 7 once in awhile does this type of thing and other technical crap that just passed over my head because I cannot comprehend it but what really made me a bit irked is that there is a chance it might happen again in the future. Lesson learned. Next batch of upgrade for the other offices will run on existing Windows XP licenses... problem solved~!

Edit: It was triggered by an update and who knows what magic that technician did to make the Microsoft Genuine Message disappear...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3067 Post by LVUER »

Ow, this is the first time I heard it. May be it's a scam? My office also use Windows 7 (in many PC, like more than 80 PCs?) and connect it to the internet and regularly updates, but never something like that happened. It's Windows 7 professional though... Is it because you use starter edition?

Anyway, you get the genuine Windows certificates, right? So that the police won't come to your office and take all your PCs because you install pirated version of Windows.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3068 Post by SundownKid »

Any PC with Windows pre-installed comes with the code sticker on the box if the OS was re-installed and not activated. So, it should be a matter of re-entering the code and re-activating the OS.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3069 Post by mugenjohncel »

LVUER wrote:Ow, this is the first time I heard it. May be it's a scam?
I highly doubt it... PC Express is a reputable and authorized distributor of Genuine Microsoft Windows OS and this incident of Genuine Windows 7 OS suddenly screaming counterfeits is not unheard of and there have been several cases like this before (at least that's what the tech guy said to me)... Anyway, I can clearly tell it was Genuine and I don't think PC Express is the type of retailer who will sell counterfeits and I just checked online and confirmed that the Windows I have installed on all these machines are all genuine.

Before the technician left. I just instructed him to turn off automatic updates since it was the thing that triggered the problem in the first place. This should protect me from future problems. I mean, if it's working why fix it right?... They can keep their updates :)

"POOF" (Disappears)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3070 Post by PyTom »

This should protect me from future problems.
Yes. Except for any sort of zero-day exploit that will affect your systems.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3071 Post by LVUER »

mugenjohncel wrote:
I highly doubt it... PC Express is a reputable and authorized distributor of Genuine Microsoft Windows OS and this incident of Genuine Windows 7 OS suddenly screaming counterfeits is not unheard of and there have been several cases like this before (at least that's what the tech guy said to me)... Anyway, I can clearly tell it was Genuine and I don't think PC Express is the type of retailer who will sell counterfeits and I just checked online and confirmed that the Windows I have installed on all these machines are all genuine.

Before the technician left. I just instructed him to turn off automatic updates since it was the thing that triggered the problem in the first place. This should protect me from future problems. I mean, if it's working why fix it right?... They can keep their updates :)

"POOF" (Disappears)
If those copies are genuine then it's good. Like I said, you get the certificate that proves that you use genuine Windows copies, right? At least that will keep one worry away from you.

Yes, you can prevent similar problem by disabling the updates... but that kinda beat the purpose of having a genuine Windows copy... updates.

I would worry about the company, I'd rather worry about the technician. Who knows he install pirated copy or selling a single copy of genuine Windows to multiple persons (without the company knowing).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#3072 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

mugenjohncel wrote:

"POOF" (Disappears)
Sounds like your "tech" is lying to you, Mugen. Windows 7 screaming "counterfeit" IS unheard of if you have a genuine license. I agree with you that Vista and Windows 8 are crap, but Windows 7 is actually better than XP. The studio I worked at, and my current office all use Windows 7 with updates turned on and I've used Windows 7 on 2 personal computers at this point and I've never heard of or seen the counterfeit message .... unless the copy of Windows 7 was actually unlicensed.

The version of Windows 7 they put on your computers may very well be genuine, BUT what they are probably doing is reusing licenses to save money and screwing you in the process. This means multiple installs of Windows 7 are "calling home" with the same license key (genuine or not) and Microsoft can see you've got that product installed on more computers than what you paid for.

Turning off the automatic updates is something you shouldn't ever have to do. All honesty, Windows 7 is the best OS I've ever used from Microsoft, better even than XP (and I loved XP). It truly sounds like PC Express is doing something shady - it may not be the company - it could the be tech or techs they sent out.
I would worry about the company, I'd rather worry about the technician. Who knows he install pirated copy or selling a single copy of genuine Windows to multiple persons (without the company knowing).
Exactly.

DeeKay
Veteran

#3073 Post by DeeKay »

This or maybe they've put invalid licenses in order for you to seek an upgrade ? Yeah, I know...
It can't be secure boot related since.. well.. you can boot on your system (you need a UEFI capable motherboard anyway for this.. "feature").

Seems weird alright.
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#3074 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

DeeKay wrote:This or maybe they've put invalid licenses in order for you to seek an upgrade ? Yeah, I know...
It can't be secure boot related since.. well.. you can boot on your system (you need a UEFI capable motherboard anyway for this.. "feature").

Seems weird alright.
It's most likely what LVUER suggested. The company techs installed genuine copies of Windows 7, but they are reusing product keys that have already been sold.

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#3075 Post by Ionait »

-no longer relevant-
Last edited by Ionait on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.