About diets...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: About diets...

#46 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Hmm... diets... I'm too young to undergo one. But sometimes I do some cutting down of what I eat and control of what comes in my stomach LOL.
Usually, I eat moderately at breakfast, then chow it down at lunch. I avoid fastfood as much as I can (yet it's a bit unavoidable); I eat nuts instead (contains good cholesterol) or maybe some fruit shakes and some cereal drinks. I also drink this fiber stuff called C-Lium along with my noon fruit juice; it kinda controls bowel movement and it also helps on you weight.

I skip dinner usually. It will not also just cause you more uhh fats but also makes you feel more tired at morning. Don't make me explain it. If I eat dinner though, I eat some whole-wheat tuna sandwich complete with a yummy non-fat mayo :)

It also helps if you cook the food yourself :) That way, you'll be sure that it doesn't contain artificial preservatives or too much oil. I remember when we had some beef soup, it was way too oily, so I refrigerated it so that the oil will go on top, harden, and that way I can remove the oil.

And I never cut down rice or bread. Maybe it's just me being a kid, but it feels a bit better if I eat along with it... at least in the morning. At noon, I'm trying to cut it down XD

yvanc
Regular

#47 Post by yvanc »

aheheheh, I've been eating sweet potatoes for months already. I've lose lots of pounds with this.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#48 Post by Blue Lemma »

Do you mean you just eat mostly sweet potatoes, yvanc? :shock:

Never heard of the sweet potato diet before!
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

yvanc
Regular

#49 Post by yvanc »

Blue Lemma wrote:Do you mean you just eat mostly sweet potatoes, yvanc? :shock:

Never heard of the sweet potato diet before!
Aheheheh, its sweet potatoes during weekdays (Mondays to Fridays). Then I eat all the things I want on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) ^_^

For more info about sweet potatoes:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellnes ... oes-ga.htm
http://www.frontporchpets.com/sweet-pot ... table.html
http://www.foodreference.com/html/sweet ... ition.html

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#50 Post by Blue Lemma »

Huh, the ordering on that nutrition list in the last link is not what I would've expected. Potatoes are better for you than all those other things? I'd look up the source article the link references, but I'm too lazy :P
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

yvanc
Regular

#51 Post by yvanc »

Blue Lemma wrote:Huh, the ordering on that nutrition list in the last link is not what I would've expected. Potatoes are better for you than all those other things? I'd look up the source article the link references, but I'm too lazy :P
ahehehhe, the first one must've been a typo. Potatoes are basically in the same family as sweet potatoes so I think it's also ok.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#52 Post by Desu_Cake »

Damn you all! I have to regularly diet in order to gain weight. I have a crazy high metabolism, which means that if I don't eat enough sugar I tend to faint all over the place. I'm 5'4" and the most I ever weigh is 8 stone. It's so damn annoying, since there's never any guides on gaining weight.
(Although I do have the advantage that any weight I do gain goes straight to my boobs :))

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#53 Post by Fawn »

@Desu_Cake Being "underweight" is never a problem at all! You don't really need to gain that weight. I also have a crazy high metabolism. I worked at a ladie's gym and I can tell you every day I felt so blessed not to have to worry about obesity.
If you really want to gain weight you should eat a protein rich diet (nuts and low-fat meats/cheeses) and do strength training. Cardio exercises are good too- with enough exercise you can get a really cute butt :3c
I had one when I was working there but unfortunately it closed due to the economy being so bad, and I haven't gotten a good workout since :(

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#54 Post by Desu_Cake »

Randomly fainting for no apparent reason all the time is a problem no matter how you look at it. :(
I'm basically always eating, but I can only gain weight when I spend months sitting on my arse all day, and that's not exactly healthy. Hell, when I was younger the doctors thought my parents were starving me.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#55 Post by papillon »

Yeah, seriously, being underweight tends to be associated with MORE health problems and death risks than being overweight (although that doesn't mean everyone, obviously, some very skinny people are perfectly healthy) not to mention the deep frustration of having your problems brushed off or being accused of being anorexic. Not a problem *I* have, but I have very skinny friends, and they are REALLY tired of it.

Or the extra fun, when not-so-skinny people develop serious illnesses and lose lots of weight (since that tends to happen when you're deathly ill) and get cheerfully told by strangers how much better they look and what's their secret? "TRY NEARLY DYING."