Lost Heroes [GxB][LoZ][NaNoRenO2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

Re: Lost Heroes [GxB][LoZ][NaNoRenO2015]

#46 Post by neuropsy »

I phoned my best friend, a huge Legend of Zelda fan, to download and play this with me, someone who touched Twilight Princess once but didn't get past the monkey because of my terrible attention span.

We loved it.

We laughed plenty throughout the whole game. The plot kept us interested and eager for more, and man, the dialogue was stellar. Funny story:
I was trying to romance Link, and so, accustomed to generic nice choices to win the heart of the love interest, didn't try to step on his toes. My friend, however, decided to mess with him. Imagine my surprise when she asked me if I reached the kissing scene yet around a scene I'd passed a while ago, but without a kiss in sight! Needless to say, I restarted the game and picked different choices to enjoy the scene for myself. xD I found this a good thing--unexpected choices lead to the best ending!
Since my favorite part of stories is the characters, you characterized everyone wonderfully. I enjoyed your interpretation of Link. Kietha's a great protagonist too, sardonic but with a great heart, while still have personal flaws. I love how you kept her skill to a realistic level too, instead of having her suddenly become the world's greatest archer the moment she picks up a bow. Another thing I'd like to give props to is writing her inner conflict about going back home vs. being an adventurer, even if she's a living wagon. Shout-out to Orson, too! Despite his deplorable integrity, it was fascinating trying to discern exactly where he stood on the moral spectrum.

The only critique I have is that one of the songs (I think it's the first one you hear getting to the village) didn't fit the setting too well, but that didn't significantly impact my enjoyment of the game. This is just my opinion too, and a rather picky one at that!

Overall, awesome, awesome job. I have absolutely no knowledge of Zelda besides what's on Super Smash Brothers, but this was an excellent fangame.
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

yoshibb
Veteran

#47 Post by yoshibb »

Since I decided to clean up my DeviantArt page and post this game there, I wanted to make a new Title Screen. I went kind of crazy and spent way too much time on it and then I added a CG for the True End as well. I still haven't gotten around to fixing the grammar/spelling mistakes (Forgive me >.<) I added everything to the downloads on the first page in case anyone wants to see the last CG.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I'm nearing finishing, Divide, my second visual novel which will be around a 6-8 hour playthrough. It's currently going through Beta Testing right now.

Birdie

#48 Post by Birdie »

yoshibb wrote:Since I decided to clean up my DeviantArt page and post this game there, I wanted to make a new Title Screen. I went kind of crazy and spent way too much time on it and then I added a CG for the True End as well. I still haven't gotten around to fixing the grammar/spelling mistakes (Forgive me >.<) I added everything to the downloads on the first page in case anyone wants to see the last CG.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I'm nearing finishing, Divide, my second visual novel which will be around a 6-8 hour playthrough. It's currently going through Beta Testing right now.
Whoa! Great job! I like colors, shading. I feel like playing this game once again, so... :D

Lizzard99

#49 Post by Lizzard99 »

I thought this game was great! I know only a little bit about LoZ, but I LOVED having the chance to talk to and flirt with an older Link. I also really liked the art.