Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#451 Post by thebackup »

Gosh, saw that girl I like at work today. Immediately brought a smile to my face.

Seeing her makes coming to work more bearable. She's not my girlfriend (would love her to be) and I don't see her often due to our schedules. But she makes the day whole lot better, especially when I get to talk to her :)

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#452 Post by JumpJump »

I was woken up this morning by my daughter, patting me on the head with a big smile on her face. Saying "good morning" to her, she ran off and I decided to have another 5 minutes kip. I was woken up again, this time hearing the sound of cutting. I open my eyes once again to see my daughter, still with that smile on her face, CUTTING MY HAIR!!!

I just find it so funny.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#453 Post by Lumella »

Last night, I decided to become more proactive with the stuffs I'll be involving in. I finally managed to convince my mom to take part on my baking goods sideline, and let her manage it into a family business for financial security reasons. She always wanted to have a business of her own for financial security reasons, and I launched my small business last Christmas successfully enough to garner my own client base. However, I'm planning to get a full-time job soon, so somebody has to manage it with me since I doubt I can do it alone.

Considering my next plans for the next month, I can only take part in the innovation of the newer products, so the business and production part would most likely be handled by her. If time permits, I'll help in the latter too. We've already made a business plan that's suitable for us, so it's a matter of executing it slowly & surely. c: I'm sure my dad would be happy to support us in this.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#454 Post by Rossfellow »

I've always really enjoyed listening to game/anime OST albums in youtube and before I realized it, I now have my very own.

I know the novelty will wear out quick, but right now it's like a dream.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

PurpleMind
Regular
Completed: I contributed to 22 visual novels so far!
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency
Discord: Marek Domagała#1778

#455 Post by PurpleMind »

I'm a Uni student! :D I'll be learning about Far East (mostly Japan), starting from October. I'm such a lucky human being. Looking forward to learning Japanese language, studying Far East's geographical environment, Confucianism and many more.

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#456 Post by truefaiterman »

I just uploaded a painting that I personally love (probably because I LOVE sunsets and because it was very fun to do), and had wonderful feedback (at least on Facebook, Skype and Deviantart). Aaaand...

I may advance to an upper level in my voice acting classes: Yesterday I had one of the best Spanish voices as my teacher, and he praised me a lot, and wants me to promote to the advanced course. If I manage to do it, I'll save a month of Intermediate classes (with the corresponding monetary saving), and I'll get a WAY BIGGER chance of getting better jobs as a voice actor. So... HELL YEAH!
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

Shoko
Regular
Soundcloud: shokomusic

#457 Post by Shoko »

I came to a vital realization about emotions the other day. I've been trying to have a very logical, objective viewpoint in life, but with all it's benefits it can also be very lonely. I started worrying about things like mortality and futility almost all the time. Every time I'd think about doing something I love or would like to try I would constantly hold myself to two standards: I must take the optimal route to success as proven by others and I must constantly remind myself that there may be something fundamentally averse to whatever I was doing that would forever prevent me from getting good at it. If I wasn't doing something I thought was good for me I'd berate myself for it, and the pressure made me just want to do something else even when that pressure was saying "Have fun and experiment!", as it was a cold order towards a static goal instead of an actual act of curiosity. Also, whenever I got confused by something even a little, I'd have the tendency to overreact and believe it was another sign that I might be on the side of "naturally can't" since I didn't get it easily from the start.

Reading something someone wrote about a different kind of criticism really made me think. Humans aren't cold and logical machines: emotions are such a huge part of who we are. We should embrace them, and work with them instead of considering them in the way. And even when thinking critically, the lack of scope of human thought should be considered: just because the optimal route would be perfect for someone who did everything in it perfectly, doesn't mean that's the plan that will actually work for every person in every situation. People have different circumstances, different personalities, different everythings! Sometimes you need to fail, sometimes you need to challenge yourself, sometimes you just need to keep going forward; people should figure these out themselves instead of looking to some kinda 'master directive about how to live life (and by people I mean me most specifically :P). And the vague concept of being born 'incapable' of artistic endeavors without real biological/psychological/situational evidence is so hard to prove it might as well be irrelevant; the chance you might not be right is just as vague and unprovable as saying you *are* the right kind of person to do x. If you're going to do it anyway, you should believe you really can achieve!

Anyway I'm feeling a lot more at peace and excited about things now, not constantly avoiding stuff out of shame. It's a bit weird but extremely uplifting to have ambition again. So, yay! :D

LinovaA

#458 Post by LinovaA »

University student life has been treating me really well! After moving back to my hometown, I met up with some old friends and was then promptly invited to a bachelor party! It felt like the beginning of a new era, and I am honestly just so excited that things in my life are moving again. I really missed home after living in Alberta for a few years, so its just such a relief to finally be in University and getting my life on track. Best thing was that, in terms of my friends, nothing changed at all! Like I came back, saw my friends, we were excited for like twenty seconds, and then proceeded to business as usual like it was pre-move!

Oh, and on the note of University, I am absolutely LOVING my linguistics and ancient history courses. ^-^

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#459 Post by potouto »

Recently I have been awfully lazy and such with sschool works any writing works in general. I was able to finish the outline for first chapter today. Planning to do the second one and and begin branching the story. I got a day off with studying so I think today could be more productive than usual!! I just need to not fall asleep. Oh and my team just welcomed a new member in! I think she's super nice and sweet. I hope we can work for long-term despite the current project might just take a few months span

yeah well | commission | website

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#460 Post by Rinima »

Been working on a project and it's going well :3
Sprites (x 3), check.
Start on BG's, check (wooho for this caysse I hardly ever do my own BG's and they don't look to bad for once :3).
GUI started, check.
Coffee, check.

Consumed a large amount of coffee today, but got a lot of work done :)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#461 Post by curry nochi rice »

Was able to get some much needed R&R from all the stat problems I was facing. So today I was able to meet (accidentally) with some school friends. Heck it turns out I need to apply for graduation THIS EARLY. That aside was able to play COD4 again with them. Man it's like 3 good years ever since I played COD4 multiplayer. Welp we made the cafe noisy but then we had the whole second floor to ourselves to it was pretty much okay.

Working on my 8th stat algorithm tonight. Already consumed a tumbler of coffee, albeit diluted to 500ml.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

PurpleMind
Regular
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency

#462 Post by PurpleMind »

thebackup wrote:Gosh, saw that girl I like at work today. Immediately brought a smile to my face.

Seeing her makes coming to work more bearable. She's not my girlfriend (would love her to be) and I don't see her often due to our schedules. But she makes the day whole lot better, especially when I get to talk to her :)
I know something about this (I bet I'm not the only one), it's a great feeling! :D Do you think there is at least a few per cent of chance that she is interested in you?

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#463 Post by thebackup »

PurpleMind wrote:
thebackup wrote:Gosh, saw that girl I like at work today. Immediately brought a smile to my face.

I know something about this (I bet I'm not the only one), it's a great feeling! :D Do you think there is at least a few per cent of chance that she is interested in you?
Unfortunately, she's already taken :( She does smile at me, though, but that could be her just being friendly. That's not going to stop me from talking to her though! If she has any romantic interest in me it's probably like a 5% at best. I'm pretty sure it's like that with the other guys swarming her - yes, she's really cute. You'd be really lucky to have a girlfriend like her.

On a positive note, I got to see her again today! :D

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

#464 Post by breadslam »

Ah, young unrequited love. How it warms this crusty and black twenty-something year old's heart. Take it from someone who's been asked out by guys she barely knows, sometimes a smile is just a smile and that's still a beautiful thing.

PurpleMind
Regular

#465 Post by PurpleMind »

breadslam wrote:sometimes a smile is just a smile and that's still a beautiful thing.
I think that's the most beautiful thing in the whole... thing! :D It's very romantic too... *starts zoning out while listening to romantic VN music* *Fuuko*

There is this girl that is in my group at the Uni and I'm yet to know her (classes start in October), but looking at her pictures, she is really cute! I'll have to leave my comfort zone to be able to talk to her. I don't know which one is better. :)