Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#5176 Post by khnachi »

klonki wrote:@HanaMori I just want to say I like your coloring style! It's very soft and pastel-y. :')

So after no-life-ing Fire Emblem Awakening for several days, I finally beat the game...and now I'm having massive feels toward the characters. ;A;
I did a quick semi-comic thing because Gaius/Sumia is my OTP and their S-support scene just won me over in terms of cuteness level haha. ///
/hides from shame
wah,that's really cute,I really like how you shade this one, and the girl looks adorable.(Who is she?LOL)

ok I'm dumping this sketch here,I'm suppose to clean it up a bit but too lazy to do it LOL.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#5177 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ Jazzy-Chii: Your characters are always beautiful, I especially love the glitters you put on the girl in pink ^^ Not sure if I have the right to critique, but the first one's bottom is weird, maybe you could lengthen her hip? And I think the second one's head is too small. These are just suggestions of course =)

@ HanaMori: I agree with klonki, your soft colouring style is beautiful, I love it as well :3

@ klonki: *A* They're so cute! I'd love to play that game, I was really excited when I watched the trailer but no luck for me, I don't have the platform to play it ^^;

@ khnachi: Your sketches are awesome, they're cute and shiny even when they're not a clean picture, I love them :D

So, uh, to have a shameless self-promotion avoid breaking the dump, I'll post a quick traditional CG I plan to put for my otome game here. It's also a full picture of my avvie there ^^
Don't judge me, there's nothing wrong with obsessing with your own OCs! >.<
Sand Traditional CG.png
And he's not even an obtainable lol :'D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5178 Post by azureXtwilight »

@nero279 : Ooh, he's nice! Kudos to all of you who can do traditional art like that :P

So I decided to sketch something real quick and practice coloring from it. Whee, anatomy's ruined all over the place.
jy.jpg

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#5179 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ azurextwilight: ^^ Thank you! I actually find traditional art easier than digital, but it still has its limits sadly. And Jun and Yuri- *squeals* Love them! I like the bright colours you always use <3 I don't think there's anything that's majorly wrong with the anatomy IMO. The picture doesn't clearly display their poses to fully understand their position but it pretty much looks fine to me :D

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#5180 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

New face for an OC of mine, didn't like the older versions, but this one is enough. Next, the body~

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... wb3lu.jpeg

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#5181 Post by TsukiShima »

klonki wrote:@HanaMori I just want to say I like your coloring style! It's very soft and pastel-y. :')
nero279 wrote:@ HanaMori: I agree with klonki, your soft colouring style is beautiful, I love it as well :3
Thank you! ;__; It's not much compared to your arts but I'm happy there's some few people who still likes them!

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#5182 Post by Itwasneveradream »

Experimenting with a new style. I know that his arm look WAY off.

Can I have some critique please?

Image[/url]

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#5183 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Itwasneveradream wrote:Experimenting with a new style. I know that his arm look WAY off.

Image[/url]
It's definitely got a lot of potential, but it's painfully obvious that you are avoiding drawing hands. You'll have to practice with hands to get good at them - and learning to draw them will probably be easier than constantly coming up with poses and camera angles to avoid them.

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#5184 Post by Itwasneveradream »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:
Itwasneveradream wrote:Experimenting with a new style. I know that his arm look WAY off.

Image[/url]
It's definitely got a lot of potential, but it's painfully obvious that you are avoiding drawing hands. You'll have to practice with hands to get good at them - and learning to draw them will probably be easier than constantly coming up with poses and camera angles to avoid them.
*sigh*

Do you know any good tutorials?

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#5185 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Itwasneveradream wrote: *sigh*

Do you know any good tutorials?
The best way to learn to draw hands is just to do studies of them. Draw as many as you can, using reference. Examine how they are put together, and how the proportions work. Hands are tricky in that they can be so many different shapes depending on the age or gender of the person, the angle, or the pose. But just fill sheets of paper with little hand drawings. I often do it as a way to relax and improve my anatomy.

For example, here are two of my sketch pad* (*a folder on my computer with .PSD files) sheets. I look at model sheets, photos, tutorials, pause animated movies and take screen caps, etc. and then just sketch, trying to think critically about the structure and form, and how the hands are constructed. I look at artists like Andrew Loomis, Glen Keane, and Chris Sanders and see if I can get a feel for how they simplify hands. Or just hold up your own hand and sketch away!

Alexisds1 on Deviant Art has a really good tutorial on simplifying and thinking of hands as actors. You'll notice I tried drawing several hands from her tutorial on one of my sketch sheets.

I find it easiest to think of the total silhouette a hand or gesture is going to make, and sketch in the rough shape, like a winter mitten. The basic proportions of the hand are pretty easy to remember too - the palm is roughly the same length as the fingers, the thumb is roughly 2/3rds the length of the palm and extends to the base of the fingers. The middle finger is the longest, and the other fingers form an arc out from it. The bone protrusion from the wrist is always on the opposite side as the thumb, etc. After that it is really just all practice and repetition, which is why filling up pages with hand sketches is useful. You can even have fun by playing around with the proportions on purpose. Will you make big meaty hands? Little puffy baby hands? A hand with long narrow fingers? You'll find you start having a lot of fun with it.

vividXP
Regular
Projects: "Almost There" (NanoReno '14)

#5186 Post by vividXP »

One day I will finish this...
serenityladywip.png
also free OC. One day I plan on making a 2d pixelart platformer starring her. One day, just gotta get my pixel art skills up.
20120823ugcolor.png
vividxp.tumblr.com
Wọn ṣe bí òtòṣì ò gbọn bí ọlọrò; wón ní ì bá gbón ì bá lówó lọwọ / People think the poor person lacks the wisdom the wealthy person has; they say if one had wisdom, one would be rich

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#5187 Post by Mink »

"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#5188 Post by enta »

This is the drawing I passed for our graduation in the art(otaku?) club Dx
I was currently playing Diamond no Kuni no Alice back then....

Sketch:
sketch :P
sketch :P
Finished product: (digitally done because tone costs ¥400 in our place and hadn't got the time to order them on the net)
finished product Dx
finished product Dx
EDIT: Wow, the images were so big :shock:

Mangafee
Regular

#5189 Post by Mangafee »

enta wrote:This is the drawing I passed for our graduation in the art(otaku?) club Dx
I was currently playing Diamond no Kuni no Alice back then....

Sketch:
The attachment img001.jpg is no longer available
Finished product: (digitally done because tone costs ¥400 in our place and hadn't got the time to order them on the net)
The attachment img0012 のコピー.jpg is no longer available
EDIT: Wow, the images were so big :shock:

looks really nice ;) Your lineart is so clean orz - mine is always messy...

it's been a while since I've last posted anything...

I'll just leave this here to listen to some of your opinions ;)
(drawing fanart, haha... )
Attachments
yes, this is Reborn! fanart ..... Though I wasn't all that impressed by the Manga &gt;.&lt;
yes, this is Reborn! fanart ..... Though I wasn't all that impressed by the Manga >.<
It is only when you stop looking for nowhere that you find that such a place exists. It hides within a small stitch in time between here and there, a grain of sand trapped within eternity, forever suspended within that moment of existence.
~*~

...Check out my DA ;) http://mangafeelovesmangas.deviantart.com/

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5190 Post by azureXtwilight »

So I finally decided to do something decent.
ralph.jpg