RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (New Demo)

#556 Post by Aleema »

Seth preview. 2nd meeting (so not really "introduction"). Don't watch if you think it'll spoil the game in anyway.
Posting this early because everyone has been really helpful lately. Thank you everyone!

blakjak
Veteran

#557 Post by blakjak »

Ha ha love the writing ! So cool to see Seth in action, I'm so impressed. =)

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#558 Post by Wright1000 »

I played the demo and I really liked it.
I couldn't believe that such a game was created using a simple engine like Ren'py.
But there were some (not many) spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. I hope they are corrected in the full version.
And I faced another error. I got an achievement by giving the band's name "WINCEST". It appeared in the achievements list.
But after I quit the game and started the game again, it disappeared from the achievements list. I hope you take care of this error.
A player may feel sad if he/she unlocks all the achievements and it dissappears just after he/she quits the game.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#559 Post by Aleema »

Achievements will work in the full version. :)

modesty
Regular
Completed: Line of Heroes
Projects: Captive Finwife, Trouble Brewing, Human Experiments

#560 Post by modesty »

Just downloaded it and will play it after work, but I have to say I love the concept for this game. :D It's just something I've never seen before (probably because I don't look very well, but there you go). I really look forward to playing this.
Keep up the great work.

CutieHoney

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

#561 Post by CutieHoney »

Are you still working on the projects I Found Him by The Lake and Seraphine? I would like some updates on them, I love I Found Him by The Lake's story!!!!!!

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#562 Post by EzzyAlpha »

I love this game thiiiiiiis much *opens arms wide*

This has to be the most impressive Ren'Py game I've ever seen.

I wonder why I like everything that has a character called Robin?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#563 Post by Aleema »

Thank you for playing guys!!

As for my other projects, they are not dead -- they are on what I like to this is a "back burner". Both will be pursued actively once RR is finished.

xelacroix
Regular
Projects: beautiful girls

#564 Post by xelacroix »

wow all characters looks so cool...............

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#565 Post by ririruetoo »

Playing demo, and I have to say I'm enjoying it~! It sort of reminds me an anime I have called Nana ( fans of this game should check it out) the characters are interesting and Robin is very 'easy to get along with'? ( Wow that makes no sense but that's all I could come up with, I really like her, she reminds me of someone that would be my friend.)
ImageImageImage

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#566 Post by EzzyAlpha »

ririruetoo wrote:Playing demo, and I have to say I'm enjoying it~! It sort of reminds me an anime I have called Nana ( fans of this game should check it out) the characters are interesting and Robin is very 'easy to get along with'? ( Wow that makes no sense but that's all I could come up with, I really like her, she reminds me of someone that would be my friend.)
Yeah, it reminded me of Nana too. Though, between the two I prefer RockRobin since Nana could get whiny at times.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#567 Post by Aleema »

Yeah, someone brought that up somewhere in these 30 pages, too. xD I guess I should check out the anime eventually, too! I know who Mika Nakashima is (she played Nana in the live action movie -- which I have now watched), so it's funny. I think the biggest overlap is Nana's appearance? Which I agree with. They both are rocker girls with short, black-ish hair. :) The 4 chars designs (robin, dallas, beau, emmitt) were actually out of my hands because I used stock sprites, and then let Lorey do whatever based on them. xD

Glad you enjoyed it!! :D "Easy to get along with" is definitely not how I would have described her, but I get what you're saying!

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#568 Post by ririruetoo »

Yeah I was half asleep when I wrote that. (^_^;) You should check out the anime though- the Japanese verison (English dub SUUUUUUCKS!) Robin= Nana O. I can see it anyways...So, yeah I'm looking forward to the full game! Any idea of when it will be out? (:
ImageImageImage

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#569 Post by babyfish »

I was also sort of reminded of Nana, while playing this game. But I honestly think that Robin, despite any similarities, is really her own character. To me, Robin seems to be made of sterner and spikier stuff than Nana. She's made of feist and spitfire, and doesn't take **** from anyone. She's also a lot more bitter. And more ascerbic for that matter. Nana seems considerably more... sweet.

... Why am I talking about them like they're different foods? Could be that I'm missing breakfast. *goes off to make potato pancakes*

... *pops back in* But yeah, I see where the similarities lie. I'm also looking forward to seeing the story unfold, maybe Robin will end up being girlier and more romantic than she initially lets on.

*gets bricked in the face by Robin* ...Or not.
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#570 Post by ririruetoo »

Yep I totally agree babyfish, they are alike, but they are their own persons. (^_^) I do think Robin is hiding a soft side though *gets beer bottle thrown in face* or not....
ImageImageImage