The first anime you ever saw?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

Re: The first anime you ever saw?

#61 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Oh god, did you have to remind me of Sonic Underground (the rock band one WHICH SUCKED)?

The one I'm talking about is the one you like, actually. He used gold rings to charge up and the Princess in question was Princess Sally, who kicked much ass.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

#62 Post by renpao »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:Then there was that piece of crap with the two incompetent robots trying and failing to trick Sonic. I hate that (version of) that hedgehog!
LOL! I grew up watching Sonic as well, so I remember vividly that Sonic show you're talking about. Gosh, it still cracks me up whenever I think about it. XD;;
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

ra-nyan
Regular

#63 Post by ra-nyan »

I think mine was either Cyber cat Kuro-chan or Doraemon..

man I love those cats..
boredom kills....

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#64 Post by Coatl »

i think my first one actually is Samurai Pizza Cats.

Strum
Veteran

#65 Post by Strum »

Snap! Same here, I loved that show. "They got more fur than any turtle ever had!" Funnest line ever from the opening song.

Animality

#66 Post by Animality »

For me it was either Sailor Moon or Macross which was the first I ever saw. Really hard to remember which one it actually was though.
"Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength is shown in levity."

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#67 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Strum wrote:Snap! Same here, I loved that show. "They got more fur than any turtle ever had!" Funnest line ever from the opening song.
I've heard tell that Samurai Pizza Cats is more popular in Japan than the series it's based on. :D
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Aurelia-Aurora
Regular
Projects: Learning Japanese VN

#68 Post by Aurelia-Aurora »

Naruto.

....I hate you.
Currently Working On One (1) Game
Story: 100%
Sprites: 25%
Script: 17%
Programming: 0%
Characters: 95%
Event CGs: 0%
Backgrounds: 0%

Red Lilies
Regular

#69 Post by Red Lilies »

Probably Pokemon, but that was before I even new what anime was. Ah childhood...
What got me into anime, and the first time I realized what anime was, was Fulllmetal Alchemist.
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

SaMeino
Regular

#70 Post by SaMeino »

my first anime was this Horror anime that the person who lived next to my family had a dvd of.
Don't remember the name of it but can someone help me find it?
Judging from what i remember it should be made around late 1990's to before 2004.
it also involved some guy that can't die and the place was on a ship also it had something to do with tarot cards i think. I vaguely remember some woman being blindfolded and stuffed in a box.
Nya~

SaMeino
Regular

#71 Post by SaMeino »

my first anime was this Horror anime that the person who lived next to my family had a dvd of.
Don't remember the name of it but can someone help me find it?
Judging from what i remember it should be made around late 1990's to before 2004.
it also involved some guy that can't die and the place was on a ship also it had something to do with tarot cards i think. I vaguely remember some woman being blindfolded and stuffed in a box.
Nya~

Sukisho

#72 Post by Sukisho »

Sailor Moon.

Ghurdrich
Projects: Five (WiP)

#73 Post by Ghurdrich »

If we want to get technical, my 'first anime' was 'Gigantor.' But I was way too young to remember anything about it, since it was the 90s and I was around 5 or something. It would sometimes play on some random channel since we had satellite TV and my childlike mind was amused by the shiny colours. Then, of course, Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, that craze of ridiculousness that took place in the... Back whenever it was. That was fine, but I still hold that my actual 'First anime' was Trigun. It was the first anime that I was arsed to actually sit down and watch. And I gotta say, what a first. Looking back, nothing was particularly spectacular about the show. The animation was decent, the plot was pretty good, the characters were entertaining, but nothing really stuck out to make it my favorite. But I've never seen anyone who's watched Trigun and not said it's awesome, myself included. So yeah. Now I'm a weeaboo/otaku or whatever you'd like to call it. Still loving those shiny colours though.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#74 Post by sayuri »

Pokemon was my 'first' but the first one I actually watched as an anime was Ouran High School Host Club. Mmmmhmmm ^^.

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#75 Post by prezzey »

I join the ranks of those who were first exposed to anime on German TV (and Hungarian TV to a lesser extent)... sheesh, I had no idea even Maya the Bee was anime! Does anyone remember Spoon Obasan? I only realized that one was anime when I dug up some locally released Spoon Obasan comics a few years ago and noticed they had Japanese sound effects (mirrored).

For most Hungarians my age or a bit older, the first exposure was a heavily edited version of Nausicaä which somehow made its way to movie theaters (quite a feat for a Japanese movie before the fall of the Iron Curtain). I'm probably the only one who did not see it back then!

I think the first anime I saw in Japanese (with English subtitles) was the first episode of Tenchi in Tokyo... I'm not 100% sure. Maybe it was Ghost in the Shell. I remember watching a lot of anime at the same time, in awful RM and VIVO files. Does anyone even remember VIVO? *shudder*
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango