Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mik12111

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#76 Post by Mik12111 »

Hello! First of all, this was a great game. I quite enjoyed it even though I usually despise skill building games. I just have three issues I need to ask.
1. I can't download your tips and tricks file to get the endings. It just says it's offline and will be back shortly, but I've been trying to get it for a couple days now.
2. I also cannot seem to find how to skip the seen messages. Please advise! I'm sure it's easy. I'm just not familiar with renpy yet.
3. I would also love a CG gallery. I love the characters (especially Jackal and Rick :3) and want to be sure to check out all their scenes. And your art is beautiful. Very.

Thank you!

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#77 Post by Xerofit51 »

Mik12111 wrote:Hello! First of all, this was a great game. I quite enjoyed it even though I usually despise skill building games. I just have three issues I need to ask.
1. I can't download your tips and tricks file to get the endings. It just says it's offline and will be back shortly, but I've been trying to get it for a couple days now.
2. I also cannot seem to find how to skip the seen messages. Please advise! I'm sure it's easy. I'm just not familiar with renpy yet.
3. I would also love a CG gallery. I love the characters (especially Jackal and Rick :3) and want to be sure to check out all their scenes. And your art is beautiful. Very.

Thank you!
1. I believe the tips anf trick file was causing too much traffic. Will reupload /do something about it
2. Just click enter for fast forwarding there is also another way to do so but I rarely play visual novels or ren'py games myself (ironic I know) maybe someone here knows more on this :)
3. The best thing I can do is post all the CGs on my deviant art ,sorry. Tbh I didn't think people will be too fond of my art so I'm kinda surprised lol

Please excuse my abscence for a while, I am sick with a high fever and don't know when I'll be well enough to work on my next project. I've hit my 5000 downloads so I should be posting about Amplitude (the continuation) but am currently unable to do so. Oh and for those who are curious about david and malkav rejoice...sakon04 (my bg artist and monster creator) said she's planning to do a comic about it.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#78 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Mik12111 wrote: 2. I also cannot seem to find how to skip the seen messages. Please advise! I'm sure it's easy. I'm just not familiar with renpy yet.
By default you can do it by pressing Tab on the keyboard, unless the VN maker change it.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Xerofit51
Veteran

#79 Post by Xerofit51 »

Have dengue fever until further notice... :')

Aurantix

#80 Post by Aurantix »

I've been stal...err visiting* this forums for quite a while now, and never made an account >.>

But I had to make an account to tell you just how much I LOVED this game, it was beautiful! Both the story and the drawings were very well done, and the good end is just perfect, both endearing and funny!

Game crashed on my first playthrough, because I obviously overestimated my poor computer, LOL, but after I chose to keep the minimum settings, it went on without a hitch XD

I still found a couple of grammatical errors, but considering the amount of writing you did, it's really barely noticeable, and more of a sign of how nasty my grammar nazi obsession is >.>

Thank you so much for making this :)

P.S. I hope you get better soon D:

JinTonic
Regular

#81 Post by JinTonic »

I loved your game!
Ish and Jackal were my favorite characters. Especially Ish. I wish a virtual character could turn to a real human. I would marry him even if he forced me to)))
I'm just upset that there weren't individual endings with the guys depending on whom you like the most. Pity that there was just a common happy ending.
Your game was incredible. I hope you will make more interesting projects in the future.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#82 Post by Xerofit51 »

I'm getting better. Thk u 4 all ur support even when I am sick. Good news sakon04 has made Theo and older Malkav...stay tuned :3

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#83 Post by CrimsonMoon »

I'm almost afraid to make progress in the story, there's many people to talk to and stats to raise. I'm always hesitating whether I should do this or that, lol. As a result, I haven't finished playing the game, but I enjoy it so far. Nice graphics coupled with awesome story. :D Will try to post later when I've finished playing the game.
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#84 Post by plaster »

Ok, but can I date the masked man?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#85 Post by Xerofit51 »

plaster wrote:Ok, but can I date the masked man?
Yes you can :) just talk to him in the afternoons in the subway

Xerofit51
Veteran

#86 Post by Xerofit51 »

Technicolour

#87 Post by Technicolour »

Just finished second playthrough and I really enjoyed it!
Stat raising normally isn't my thing so I normally do one playthrough at most but...
Just couldn't resist that good end 8)
The character and cg art was great, and I loved
Jackal's freak sprite especially
Thank you very much for the hardwork that went into this game! c:

ixWishing
Veteran

#88 Post by ixWishing »

Haven't been on the forums for ages now, but I'm currently downloading this! It looks quite fun & interesting, especially with the explorable map!
Props to you for creating that feature! I'll be off playing this in a while, so I'll post my thoughts later (8
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Aqacia
Regular

#89 Post by Aqacia »

I've played this game quite a while ago now but haven't commented on it yet so i decided that i should, Jackal was my favorite one and i found it quite sad that there were only a few endings but it was an amazing journey and i just have to say that it really was great in it's own way.

somein96

#90 Post by somein96 »

Last night I finished my first (and only) playthrough of this vn, and it was an amazing experience!
I got the True Ending.
I went into the story blind -- not reading any of the text in the first post, and just going straight to the download link -- and so I didn't really know what to expect from the story; but what I was presented with was exciting, fun and quite surprising. The characters and their stories, especially our MC's, were very well done, and featured twists and turns that I would never have seen coming!
Especially what happened involving that Mustache Man and Sonnya's birthday party :o Since there was more than enough time allotted to romance all the boyzz, I was thoroughly surprised when it was revealed that Sonnya/I had been cheating on all of them >.< I legitimately thought this was one of those games where you could romance all the peepz but still end with only one. But eventually she's forgiven, and the relationship (kinda) turns from infidelity to polyamory, which is a refreshing change, I guess.
And her backstory, omgosh! It's hinted about her prior relationship with her teacher, but I totally did not expect her total badass rebellious streak.
Speaking of characters, however: It may have been because I skipped through most of the days, but it felt as though most of the romanceable characters' stories were a bit rushed. It seemed like some characters weren't "themselves", but rather the embodiment of their backstories, if that makes sense.
To phrase it another way, it felt like they weren't "complete". Sure, they had their own quirks and interests, but most of that was overshadowed by their meaning to the plot.
With that said, they weren't written badly - just quickly.

Onto the writing: The story and the lore itself was very well-done - I don't think I've enjoyed a VN's story this much for a long time! I loved the freaks, and the tournament, and everything in-between;
and I personally wish Malkav could erase my memories of this game so I can replay it again with the same level of awe I had the first time 'round ^_^
There were a lot of writing errors -- grammar, syntax and otherwise -- but it's completely understandable considering you're not a native English speaker.

And now, onto my absolute favourite part of this vn: The Art!
The art, including the ui, was AMAZING! I love your art style so much, and the CGs were so well done~~ The backgrounds were also really good, and I especially loved the background for Sonnya's bedroom since it featured furniture reminisent of The Sims 3 ^_^.

The programming was exceptionally well done; I liked that scrolling back was disabled (not sure if that's the right term for it though) because it felt as though every click was a risk. It really immersed me into the story that way!

Anywalrus, I've been rattling on for way too long =/

tl;dr - Freak-quency is an amazing game, that's surprisingly quick for one that spans 6-months in-game time. 8.5/10 Would definitely recommend!