Always Remember Me (VN/Life sim, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Always Remember Me (VN/Life sim, commercial)

#1 Post by jack_norton »

Official game page: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm

Special karaoke competition to get a free copy of the game, until 31st May!
http://www.winterwolves.com/alwaysremem ... tition.htm

Direct Download links:
PC: http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... RMDemo.exe
Mac: http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... RMDemo.zip
Linux: http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... mo.tar.bz2

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

Features:
  • Original Soundtrack: composed by Matthew Myers and performed by Cristina Vee
  • Detailed life simulation: take control of Amy's action, traveling in different locations to perform several tasks
  • Stat-based dating sim: money, culture, creativity, discipline, romance, energy and morale
  • High replayability: beside the normal ending, each character has a special ending that will require you to raise a specific skill at maximum, for a total of 9 unique endings!
  • Play in a living world: certain actions are possible only during specific times of the day, or days of the week
  • Mystery: who is the mysterious "Secret Admirer" that emails you in the game? Find out!
  • Beautiful manga artwork: including some special event CG and 8 different ending CGs with Gallery Screen
  • Relationship system: as seen in other Winter Wolves games, each character has a relationship value that affects gameplay and requires player to make the right dialog choices
  • Find the right strategy: explore the game world and learn what are the best tactics to raise specific skills
------
Today added the last few changes to make the normal Lawrence ending achievable and some small typos. But of course even if you find some minor problem, any feedback is welcome :)
Last edited by jack_norton on Sun May 01, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Always Remember Me (VN/Life sim, commercial)

#2 Post by sake-bento »

The art in this is so lovely and the chibis for the sim parts are super cute. I don't think I'll ever be able to go after anyone other than Aaron, but Lawrence would totally be my guy if I weren't already attached. >.>;;

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by jack_norton »

Hehe the chibis rule. Personally I would like to see more chibis in games in general! :D And yes, Lawrence is my favorite too and was fun to write the scenes for him :)
computer games

CombatEye
Regular

#4 Post by CombatEye »

I thought I'd give this a try so I downloaded the demo. When I tried to run it after installation, it made my Anti-virus freak out (Norton). Is there something atypical with the file? It hasn't auto-blocked most of the other VNs from here.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by jack_norton »

I think is because of the installer program I use (clickteam installer). Most other VN here simply use zip or innosetup or other installer programs.
edit: sorry I thought you had problem in the installation! I think Norton is bothered because I use a online activation system, but apart that the program has nothing special!
computer games

CombatEye
Regular

#6 Post by CombatEye »

jack_norton wrote:I think is because of the installer program I use (clickteam installer). Most other VN here simply use zip or innosetup or other installer programs.
edit: sorry I thought you had problem in the installation! I think Norton is bothered because I use a online activation system, but apart that the program has nothing special!
I figured how to make Norton chill and can run the VN finally, yay. Time to check it out. :D

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Riviera »

This is from a save file I'm continuing from... *thinks* the build before last, so that may be the problem.

But I got Lawrence's scene where you're scrubbing blue icing off the table, and after the scene was over it was still dawn, no time had gone by. I didn't realize this until I went to the library and there were no options at all there. After I went to the ice cream shop and worked till noon, like usual, everything else worked like normal. :)

I got the Osher scene and responded politely. For some reason (I think because it triggered on saturday?) it triggered again on sunday. I responded the same. Monday she went to work and it didn't trigger again. Maybe he just likes to talk to me now?

Oops. Went to the fancy restaurant after all of that happened and the scene retriggered and ended in a crash.

After I finish this game (so close to that Lawrence ending!), I'll probably delete them all and start fresh.

Aside from the bug reports... this game is a blast. Random note, but when I play this my kitten will just curl up next to either my speakers or the headphones and just purrrrr away. She approves of the soundtrack. :lol:
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by jack_norton »

Riviera wrote: But I got Lawrence's scene where you're scrubbing blue icing off the table, and after the scene was over it was still dawn, no time had gone by. I didn't realize this until I went to the library and there were no options at all there. After I went to the ice cream shop and worked till noon, like usual, everything else worked like normal. :)
Ah I missed this, going to check thanks!!
Riviera wrote: I got the Osher scene and responded politely. For some reason (I think because it triggered on saturday?) it triggered again on sunday. I responded the same. Monday she went to work and it didn't trigger again. Maybe he just likes to talk to me now?

Oops. Went to the fancy restaurant after all of that happened and the scene retriggered and ended in a crash.
Yes sorry, I fixed this last night before going to sleep, so if you redownload the game now should work.
Riviera wrote: Aside from the bug reports... this game is a blast. Random note, but when I play this my kitten will just curl up next to either my speakers or the headphones and just purrrrr away. She approves of the soundtrack. :lol:
Cool, will let Matt and Cristina (who did the song) know about it :lol:
computer games

Alphonse
Regular

#9 Post by Alphonse »

I've...only played the demo, actually(<- is poor high school student, orz), but...I love the art and I love, love, love the theme song! You can add one more person to the list of people who like the song.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Riviera »

Cool, redownloading now. :)

EDIT: Maybe it's just me being the lucky one to have things happen, lol.

The weekend note (I can do what I like, overtime earns extra, and so on) plays every single weekend.

Just randomly thought of how funny it is that you automatically get punted out the door in the morning on weekdays.. I pictured sweet little Gwenda cheerfully (and literally) kicking Amy out with a smile and a, "Have a good day, sweetie!"

Then I thought of the country song, "You drop kicked my heart through the goalposts of love" and... I'm sorry. I'll stop now. I get weird sometimes.

I also ran across this scene, and... it may be intentional, since Aaron IS in bed.. but.. this is the only scene so far I've seen with him like this. It's.. kinda funny. :D
Attachments
aarongotshort.PNG

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#11 Post by YonYonYon »

You know... I didn't liked Aaron... But I feel really guilty when Amy flirt with Lawrence >A< like "While my boyfriend in the hospital I fell in love with another guy"...It's...ughhh...

But, anyway, I want to buy this game. Lawrence is a nice, long haired megane guy -shot- Need to fix my VISA card
ImageImage

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by jack_norton »

Riviera wrote: The weekend note (I can do what I like, overtime earns extra, and so on) plays every single weekend.
Ah it should appear only for the first 2-3 weekend :)
Riviera wrote: I also ran across this scene, and... it may be intentional, since Aaron IS in bed.. but.. this is the only scene so far I've seen with him like this. It's.. kinda funny. :D
Yes lol I thought to position Aaron that way so it seems in bed :D
computer games

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Riviera »

Ah, okay! Good, now if only I can get the RNG to love me, I'll be doing just fine. XD

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#14 Post by pondrthis »

Oh... oh, God, what!?!?

I clicked on the project page and saw a screenshot and was all "shoot, her friend is hotter than her" and then BAM, later on it says the character's name is Lawrence.

......O.O......

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by jack_norton »

Haha poor Lawrence :D everyone keep saying he looks like a woman. You understand now why he is so shy?
computer games