recommended tablet

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Nana

Re: recommended tablet

#16 Post by Nana »

@LVUER: Lol yes! thats the one ^-^
Unsuccessful Artist
--- Blog ---> http://nana-o9.xanga.com/
Current Project:
The cow and the pretty red stone
{Sounds weird but it's for my own entertainment ^-^}

redcat
Regular

#17 Post by redcat »

@ OP : If you're an experienced tablet user, and wished to use tablet for professional work, I recommend you to take Wacom Intuos (or at least try it first, either by borrowing from your friend or test the demo product at the showroom). Don't believe in any tablet's specs - just try them yourself! Once you've "proven" the difference between intuos 4 and other tablets, you wouldn't want to spent your money on anything else (even if Wacom intuos 4 is twice as expensive as the others!).

You can get cheaper price by buying the used (or second-hand) intuos, but make sure the pen and the tablet is still working properly.
Meowwngg...??

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#18 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I used a pen tablet for two years but I'm no way aiming for professional work. I just want something that would be much more better than genius tablet(which is not very compatible with other softwares) and much more reason is my budget is quite limited that I need to span my choices to a much more cheaper but nice tablets.

And since they're saying that bamboo fun and bamboo comic are pretty much the same, I'd probably get the bamboo comic since its much more cheaper and that bamboo fun is usually best recommended.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Mamihlapinatapai

#19 Post by Mamihlapinatapai »

I bought my Intuos 3 used off of Craigslist for $120 dollars a few months ago and I love it very much. ^.^

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#20 Post by Snowflower »

Mamihlapinatapai wrote:I bought my Intuos 3 used off of Craigslist for $120 dollars a few months ago and I love it very much. ^.^
:O
So lucky!!!!
That's a bargain
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#21 Post by Fawn »

Oh yeah, get rid of that genius tablet! I suffered with that thing for 2 years before I got the money to buy my Bamboo. Bamboos are great! Both sizes work great. I got the smaller one because of the price, and thought it might not be as handy, but size really doesn't matter :P (unless you have a giant monitor or something)

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@Fawn:

I was also using genius tablet, it wasn't that bad but it seems incompatible with photoshop :( I'd get the medium one cause, I'm particularly not used in smaller tablet.... :/
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

ShindoW
Projects: Celestial Sphere

#23 Post by ShindoW »

I'm looking to get the Bamboo Craft tablet. I've read good things about it and it would be my first tablet. :D Any opinions on it? BTW, my budget is $100 USD ish. So, hence why I'm going with this one. ^^;

Lotus
Veteran
Projects: Unnamed Slenderman VN, Secret 10560

#24 Post by Lotus »

I've never used the Bamboo Craft, but Bamboos tend to make excellent first tablets in general so I imagine it'd be ok. I personally use a Bamboo Pen, and it's perfect for my needs.

Semi-unrelated, but I absolutely hate the program that came with my tablet, Corel Painter Essentials 4 xD It's so laggy and hard to use for me, bah. I use Gimp and other free programs and they're wonderful with my tablet.

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#25 Post by EternalDream »

Lotus wrote:I've never used the Bamboo Craft, but Bamboos tend to make excellent first tablets in general so I imagine it'd be ok. I personally use a Bamboo Pen, and it's perfect for my needs.

Semi-unrelated, but I absolutely hate the program that came with my tablet, Corel Painter Essentials 4 xD It's so laggy and hard to use for me, bah. I use Gimp and other free programs and they're wonderful with my tablet.
lol I bought the Bamboo Pen as my first tablet and I really like it. I'm actually thankful I got one of the smaller tablets since I think it's easier to draw on (you don't have to move your wrist as much... since I'm lazy and all for tiny active areas xD) I was actually going to get Craft but now, I really think it's a good thing I got Pen. :D

I have to agree with you on Corel Painter. My friend's Bamboo Pen doesn't even work on Corel Painter lol :'D And well... I never even bothered with that program... QvQ

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#26 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

*A* woah all of the tablets looks awesome!
Well I don't know much about tablet and such, since in my town there's only a few ppl know about tablet ;A;

but my first tablet is this (my dad searched many shop to find one who sell drawing tablet)
http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/table ... P0806.html
http://www.netvouchercodes.co.uk/produc ... only-99.99

My first time using SAI is with that tablet, and I love it!
OTL since I never try any tablet beside that though so I don't know what other tablet looks like