In Need of Artist (Will Pay)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
smileforthespies
Projects: Under the Blade

In Need of Artist (Will Pay)

#1 Post by smileforthespies »

I'm looking for an artist who can draw in a slightly more realistic anime style, if you get my meaning. Here are the details:

The Project:

'Cut me to Pieces' (Working title) is an otome medical drama that follows the lives of three doctors who are trying to put their life back together after a series of catastrophic events that blew their world apart. Follow these three women as they fight to regain their lives, their children, and (hopefully) their hearts.

The Characters:
Sophia "Soha" Belshnikov nee Khorsand:
A sweet and witty woman. From a young age, Sophia loved fairy tales. Growing up and even into her late teens, her dream to be an illustrator of childrens novels. However, on the day she was going to her interviewwith an art school, she was hit by an drunk driver. In onlooking med student saved her life. In a last second decision, she switched to med school, and began to study Pediatrics.

In medical school, her determined nature and sunny disposition allowed her to breeze her way through univerity, easily charming all her proffessors and learning all the lessons easily. When she got a job at Collins General Hospital, however, she realized that healing the sick was far more difficult than it seemed. She must decide between helping the needy and losing her self in their cycle of misery. With each dead patient, with each hopeless child, Sophia diess a bit inside herself. And now, she has reached her breaking point. This is her last chance. Now, she must confront herself, or die...

Yasmin Smith

Yasmin grow up on the streets. As in, she really grew up on the streets. She has no memories of her parents, as she was raised by her nine year old sister. Despite her rather shady life with her sister, Yasmin excelled at school. she'd always wanted to be a doctor; unlike her friends, both of whom decided last minute, Yasmin had always knkown where she stood. Immediately after graduating high school, Yasmin went off to med school to study oncology.

However, when Yasmin's parents sunddenly come into the picture, her world is turned upside down. She realizes that her prents are not the evil monsters that she needs them to be in order to survive the feeling of abandonment. With this startling development, Yasmin is suddenly introduced to a painful new world of love, hate, and resentment.
Emily (Elizabeth) Adler

Emily Adler was born a happy,healthy child. \as she grew up, she realized that she was a gifted speaker, an excellent reader, a brillaiant strategist, and completely lazy to boot. She lived a lived a life of lazy happiness. Indeed her life was perfectuntil she turned eleven. As usual, she started off the year by pretending to be sick to skip some school. However, after her mother took her to the doctors forthe umpteenth time, she was diagnosed with migraines, and put on heavy medication, in order to prevent the non-existent migraines.As her web of tricks and lies falls apart all around her; Emily realizes she is sick. It is the medication, wreaking havoc on her body, trying desperately to fight a condition that is not there.
Emily falls into a come for two years.
When she wakes up, it is the firstyear of high school. It is only through her own determination and intelligencethat she manages to pull herself through highschool, despite being confined to a bed. It is only after she is accepted into med school tha she goes through a surgery that allows her to function like any other human being.

Of the three, Emily is in the best shape. But after reaching all her goals, after making up for all her actions, she realizes thatthere is nothingleft for her. There is nothing to look forward to, nothing to work for. Caught between two friends who are spiraling downwards and a pointless future, Emily almost wishes she was back in her coma.
The Art:

As this is a more serious otome game, I would like to stay away from the chibis and the women with overlarge breasts. As much as possible, I would like the characters to look realistic while still suffeciently anime-ish. Does that make sense?

The Pay:

I am willing to pay $25-$35 per sprite set, depending on the quality of the art. In addition, I am also looking for a CG artist, whom I will be paying $20-$25 for each CG, because i think they will be at least mildly difficult. Also, I would really prefer to pay through concealed cash.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested, just post here or send me a PM, it doesn't make much of a difference. Thanks for taking the time to read this through! :D
Last edited by smileforthespies on Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: In Need of Artist (Will Pay)

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I might be interested. How many sprites are you looking for?

Also, this is a link to my thread, you can find information and relevant links there.

smileforthespies

#3 Post by smileforthespies »

I'm aiming for nine characters. I'm planning to commision 2 sprite sets for each of them, and I'm still on the fence about different costumes. I understand, however, that this is asking alot of anyone, regardless of whether or not they are commissioned, so I'm willing to negotiate if you think that's too much. (Of course, I will pay for it all)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#4 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

No, that sounds okay, as long as the timeframe is reasonable :) By separate sprite set, you mean a separate pose right? Or are the characters themselves going to change, like going from child to adult? Oh, and is this game commercial or non-commercial?
I am also willing to negotiate for the conditions.

Also, otome <3

smileforthespies

#5 Post by smileforthespies »

By seperate sprite set, I meant a seperate pose, yes.
What would you consider a reasonable time frame?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#6 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

1-2 months, depending on the complexity generally.

smileforthespies

#7 Post by smileforthespies »

Great! I was expecting way more than that...
:D
Ok, so I'll just go grab the characters descriptions and exact descriptions of what we're looking for off our writer and PM it to you.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#8 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Well, give or take a month, just in case, but yeah, it shouldn't be too long.

Excellent. I will look over it and send through any questions I have.

smileforthespies

#9 Post by smileforthespies »

Also, I am still looking for a CG Artist, so if there is any out there who is still interested, please reply.

smileforthespies

#10 Post by smileforthespies »

So, this is a bit off-topic, but what are the rules here about bumping? (Contradiction...)

Fire_Wings

#11 Post by Fire_Wings »

I may be able to help. What kind of CG work are you looking for?

(You can check out my website: http://www.galleryofapril.webs.com/ )

mcdof
Projects: "La herencia del tio Roger"

#12 Post by mcdof »

Hi smile,

I am a CG Artist wannabe, with 4+ years of experience. You can see some of my work here:

http://contraelsistema.thecomicseries.c ... cs/pl/6749

I can charge you half of what you´re offering. If interested, email me: mcdof at hotmail.com

Regards,

Diego

Venneta

#13 Post by Venneta »

Hi :D

I love the game title, seriously. The story seems very interesting too XD
Are you still in need of a CG artist?
If you are, please take a look at my gallery http://venneta.deviantart.com/
Cogito, ergo sum.

Please visit my deviantART to see more of my artworks~