Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - updated JULY 11, 2012

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#241 Post by babyfish »

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the encouragement. Unfortunately, I did not get recruited into the firms I wanted to this month, so my career plans have been put on hold for the time being. >.< I guess when you're competing against 1000 other people in the same region, getting a top choice firm is a bit ideal, huh? ^^;;;

In the meantime, I'll continue working on this for the time being. Right now its mostly writing stuffs, so nothing to show just yet! That said, I can say at this point that Music is more or less 100% done, notwithstanding the addition or removal of some tracks further down the road. I might provide some samples to see what you guys think of some of the incidental music in the game.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help proofread/beta test! I've updated the list again, if I missed anybody's name or if you'd like to switch to another group or be removed, please feel free to send me a buzz XD

Yeah, I've played Princess Debut. Cute design, but rather flat dating game mechanics. I believe that they were trying to favour the dancing aspect of the game, which isn't bad, I found it rather fun. But the characters could definitely have used a little more depth and detail.

Lots of love! Babyfish
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

Arcanum
Veteran

Re: Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#242 Post by Arcanum »

Even if it's though, aiming for the top is good. Keep up with that spirit and keep on trying, and good luck next time!

Nonetheless, I'm glad to know you're still working in Maid of Midsummer. I think everyone here is really crazy about your game >0>

phantomphan31

#243 Post by phantomphan31 »

Good luck with your career!! That is definitely more important than a game (sad to admit but its true! >.<; ) Cant wait to see updates in the future! This is definitely a post i will always be keeping my eye on!! :) ~GOOD LUCK!!!!~
I support
ImageImageImage

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#244 Post by HikkiPanda »

how about switching to game making for your career? that way your fans will be happy too ^^;

Tenxinori
Regular
Completed: Pure Tears (GxB Otome)

#245 Post by Tenxinori »

The art looks great :O

Vynuxys
Regular

#246 Post by Vynuxys »

I would love to help out in beta-testing and proof-reading if you still need some people :3. Other than that, the game's looking really great so far~

Tenxinori
Regular
Completed: Pure Tears (GxB Otome)

#247 Post by Tenxinori »

Can i sign up for beta testing too >O<

spiritsongtress

#248 Post by spiritsongtress »

Yeah can I proofread & Beta-test? And any clue when we're going to be getting to do such?

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#249 Post by babyfish »

@ Vynuxys and Tenxinori: I've added you both to beta-testing. Thanks for your interest! Let me know if you wanna change or drop anytime. :)

@ spiritsongtress: Again, it's really hard to say. At the very least, I'd like to get all the schedule functions done so that you guys will have lots of work with while proof-reading/beta-testing. When I will release a demo for testing is still up in the air. But sit tight and I'll let you all know when its ready for testing. X3

@ HikkiPanda: Ahaha, I suppose it would, but this is a non-commercial game, so I wouldn't exactly be able to live off of it. XD In any case, I already have a set plan for my career, game-making is alas just going to remain a hobby. But I'm sure the fans will be happy either way. =3

No new screenies yet, but I'm working on the Town Exploration part of the gameplay. When the MC chooses 'Visit Town' as an option for her afternoon break, there are a number of places she can spend relaxing or exploring. Here are some of the areas I have in mind:

Market District:

General Store
Tailor
Restaurant

Entertainment District:
Theatre
Tavern
Fortune Teller

Royal District:
Palace Grounds
Botanical Gardens
Seaside Promenade

These areas are still subject to change, but this is just to show a basic idea of the sorts of places that will be available for all your MCs shopping, relaxing, dating needs. Spending time in certain places may affect certain stats, or trigger special events. Naturally, the romance-able characters will have their favourite spots for hanging out during their free time, so there's a chance that the MC might bump into them while out in town.

Some areas are unlockable under certain conditions, others are only available during special events. Either way, I'm hoping that players will have fun exploring the different areas around town!
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#250 Post by ririruetoo »

Awesome babyfish! I can't wait to see all the areas! I'm sorry about not getting the job you wanted it...Buts that the economy now'a days. Its who you know ( luckly I do or I wouldn't have had a job this summer...) not WHAT YOU KNOW. Doesn't make any sense if you think about it...sucks....
Last edited by ririruetoo on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

#252 Post by MusicaFate »

o.o'' Well.. O: HI~ GOOD LUCK! FIGHTING.~! xd I'm sorta creeped out by this game now ...because O: i had a scary dream...and the killer turned out to be the main character of this game~ xD I will totally still wait for this to come out~ <3 Thanks for the hard work.
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

bubblegumsmile

#253 Post by bubblegumsmile »

i'd love to beta-test or proofread so let me know if you need any help!

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#254 Post by pleasethinkofme »

I'm willing to do either or both if needed, but it would seem like you already have a lot of people signed on :P

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#255 Post by wyverngem »

This game looks well done, I'm excited to see the future progress. Are you planning on implementing a dress changer for going out? I think it would interesting to do something like that.