my first game unnamed girl meets boy project with demo

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
fan1989
Projects: unnamed multipath gxb project.

my first game unnamed girl meets boy project with demo

#1 Post by fan1989 »

update I am currently working on uploading character profiles to my website and I am planning on have the site mod there (imagecreator) test everything to make sure it works before it is uploaded there. Also Right now the profiles section there looks kinda messy so I will put a link for the profiles once it has been reorganized.
Character Biographies
Listed in alphabetical

Blue Berry: The athletic girl. She is very protective of her cousin. And forces any girl who tries to talk to him to beat at least one of her challenges first.
Blue ninja: A mysterious character who goes around warning visitors about the sours.
Blue Raspberry: A boy that sugar meets down the road he may or may not have hypnotic powers.
Boysenberry: The cousin of Blue Berry and Former Tour guide for the entire area.
Cherry: A girl who believes it is her duty to keep girls away from the charming boy.
Green Apple: The most intelligent of the sours he seems to enjoy testing others wits with games and quizzes.
Lime: A rebellious girl who will challenge anyone who tries to question any of the sours.
Mysterious boy: A mysterious boy who appears after Sugar decides to leave the land of the rude boy. A charming boy whom Cherry believes it is her duty to warn against.
He does appear to be genuinely helpful but there must still be a reason for her warning.
Red Raspberry: The missing girl, she is also the who was also the person hosting the contest that Sugar won in order to come to candy world.
Rude boy: The rude boy who sugar meets upon a rival. A member of the sours he seems to be more interested in just teasing Sugar rather than actually being evil though.”
Sugar: The main character...a cowardly, naïve heroine who is looking for a better flavor since everything tastes horrible where she is from.

Story summary

Sugar is a young who girl who has never had any candy that actually tastes good .
So after winning a contest she arrives to a land filled with different flavors of candy to try and find the perfect flavor for herself. each character has his or her own land with a particular flavor just about except for the few who share.

About game
Age all ages
Genre: multipath visual novel GxB (Otome) Romance,comedy,mystery
Game progress
Backgrounds sketched
Programming complete
Script done but being beta tested for spelling, grammar errors also checking for nonsense to be omitted and info needs to be added for the story makes sense from an outside perspective.
Sprites being redrawn

statistics:
178 screens of dialogue.
1,786 words total
average 10 words a screen
6 menus
about 1 to 2 endings per character
9 endings total

Notes: You may have noticed that some of the characters don’t have actual names they do it is just I decided it would be nice to have some names introduced to the story as Sugar learns them. Also I did actually have name for it but it I think it sounds to similar to the name of a board game. also please let me know if you think any details need to be added to character descriptions or story summary thank you.
characterization for cherry.
characterization for cherry.
from left to right lemon,strawberry, green apple.
from left to right lemon,strawberry, green apple.
blue berry rough sketch.
blue berry rough sketch.
sugar rough sketch.
sugar rough sketch.
updates: added some photos to give an idea of what the characters will look like I am aware of the errors these are just drafts to show what the characters might look like and these are definately not final drafts. Also I am a ware the boys pretty much all have the same body type and I am working on that also.

[The extension exe has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by fan1989 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TakeOverWorld
Regular

Re: my first game unnamed girl meets boy project

#2 Post by TakeOverWorld »

I clicked on this thread and I saw the character names, like 'Blue Berry' and I was thinking... what? But then I read the story summery and it all became clear. :) Sounds like a fun story.

fan1989

Re: my first game unnamed girl meets boy project

#3 Post by fan1989 »

TakeOverWorld wrote:I clicked on this thread and I saw the character names, like 'Blue Berry' and I was thinking... what? But then I read the story summery and it all became clear. :) Sounds like a fun story.
I know what you mean decided to give all the names a theme. the names are kind of weird I decided to give all the names a theme.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Re: my first game unnamed girl meets boy project with demo

#4 Post by ririruetoo »

It sorta reminds me of Candyland......Mixed with otome ( thinking it over)It's a interesting concept I have to say and very imaginative!
ImageImageImage

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#5 Post by Aleema »

Your style reminds me so much of the opening sequence of Inherit the Earth. Random thought. :D

Is this world at all like Candyland? Because that's what I'm picturing.

fan1989

#6 Post by fan1989 »

ririruetoo wrote:It sorta reminds me of Candyland......Mixed with otome ( thinking it over)It's a interesting concept I have to say and very imaginative!
that is pretty much the concept I was trying to avoid a sterotypical setting such as school.

fan1989

#7 Post by fan1989 »

Aleema wrote:Your style reminds me so much of the opening sequence of Inherit the Earth. Random thought. :D

Is this world at all like Candyland? Because that's what I'm picturing.
Yes the world is suppose to be like candy land. Also I will have to check out inereit the earth since I never heard of it before.