worst character ever

For the rest of your otaku life.
SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: worst character ever

#16 Post by SilverxBlue »

Usui Takumi from Kaichou wa maid sama.
*is shot by a million fangirls then thrown into the sea.*
I mean come on, he's like, the most perfect character you could ever imagine. I do think he's really sweet when he's with the female protagonist but I really really hate how he's so god damn perfect in almost everything. No, remove the almost. He is perfect in everything!

EDIT! Oh as for VN characters. Don't get me started on the protagonist of the Starry Sky series!
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#17 Post by HikkiPanda »

SilverxBlue wrote:Usui Takumi from Kaichou wa maid sama.
*is shot by a million fangirls then thrown into the sea.*
I mean come on, he's like, the most perfect character you could ever imagine. I do think he's really sweet when he's with the female protagonist but I really really hate how he's so god damn perfect in almost everything. No, remove the almost. He is perfect in everything!
He's a stalker lol. He always appear in the right moment XD ... it's impossible to do unless he's stalking her

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#18 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Trivia: in an anime magazine in philippines, usui was voted as no. 1 anime guy for consecutive months.lol. I don't hate the guy cause he is voiced by okamoto and maybe because i love the perfect types... Well, speaking of usui, i hate this level E vampire called Zero from vampire knight. i dunno what virus infected hino matsuri's mind to make such a super duper annoying and ever so cursing character! D:< i stopped reading let alone watching the 2nd season cause the guy makes me wanna murder someone just to release the stress from seeing him! No offense to people who like him, if we live in the same world, I'll surely love to kill him with my own hands. >:I *how could i forgot i actually have someone i think as the worst character ever? Shame that he was voiced by miyano mamoru! Ugh!

-excuse the ranting, just remembering this dude makes me wanna crush his face!-
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

PervertPrince
Regular

#19 Post by PervertPrince »

Auro-Cyanide wrote: Most people would be. People generally will connect with characters because of the way they are represented, whether it be annoyance, love, sympathy or hatred. It's a little weird to not be able to feel connected to fictional characters, though this is usually dependent on the type of medium and genre.
I do understand having a connection to a character (I've grown very fond of a few myself) but I just find it somewhat strange how so many people tend to take things a little...I dunno...overboard in their love or hate for a character. Such as I once knew of a person who actually hacked into fangroups on deviantart dedicated to characters she didn't like and basically destroyed these groups and her only real reason for disliking the characters was because she thought they were irritating.
SilverxBlue wrote: EDIT! Oh as for VN characters. Don't get me started on the protagonist of the Starry Sky series!
Never played the Starry Sky games but I have heard a bit about the protagonist and none of it's good. Is she really that bad?
Last edited by PervertPrince on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#20 Post by Stripe »

Tsukiko from Starry Sky is an annoying, wishy-washy failure of a protagonist in my opinion. |D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#21 Post by Camille »

I actually think Chizuru, the protagonist from Hakuoki, is a lot more annoying than Tsukiko. The worst that can be said of Tsukiko is that she doesn't really do anything and is kind of on the slow side. I mean, if you have a girl that's going to have 13+ love interests, of course she's going to appear to be wishy-washy. Chizuru, on the other hand, goes rushing into danger despite being totally useless in battle and quite a few people die because of her. :/ I think that sort of carelessness is a lot harder to forgive.

That said, I don't even hate Chizuru, I just find her really annoying. I don't believe in a worst character ever, really, because you personally disliking a character for this and that reason (usually petty) doesn't make them the worst character ever. And villains are made to be hated, so. XD I guess if I had to pick, I'd say Tachibana Ryoki from Hot Gimmick is one of my least favorite characters because he perpetuates the idea that your boyfriend is allowed to be a complete abusive jerk to you just because ~deep down, he really loves you~ or whatever. I don't like those kinds of male leads because they give girls an unhealthy view of what a relationship is supposed to be like. D:

And yet he's really popular in Japan, herp derp. Also, Chizuru and Tsukiko are popular in Japan. Japanese girls like jerky male leads and annoying female leads. Whenever there's an otome game heroine that shows a spine, she's immediately disliked. ):

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#22 Post by sayuri »

My generic one is Hinata from Naruto, but I can't say she is the worst. Even in the second arc, where she apparently had 'backbone', I still didn't like her.

OtomeWeekend said Zero from Vampire Knight, but I think Yuki is the worst character. In the manga, I think there is a point where she kisses both guys within 10 pages of each other or something ridiculous. And that's where I stopped reading. I've kept on trying to pick it up again, but I get to that part and I'm just like fdshfiuhsdufhgsudhnufghusn.

I want to think of a worst guy too. Off the top of my head, I'm going to say Karasuma from School Rumble. It's totally selfish, but he's a bland character and if he was gone, Tenma and Harima could be together. I *despise* what seems to be the canon Harima and Yakumo. Stupid Kurasuma...
I can't tell you how annoyed I was when he turned out to not really be an alien.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#23 Post by MaiMai »

sayuri wrote:
I want to think of a worst guy too. Off the top of my head, I'm going to say Karasuma from School Rumble. It's totally selfish, but he's a bland character and if he was gone, Tenma and Harima could be together. I *despise* what seems to be the canon Harima and Yakumo. Stupid Kurasuma...
I can't tell you how annoyed I was when he turned out to not really be an alien.
I'm a huge School Rumble fan so I can say confidently that Tenma and Harima would not work well together at all. They are both dumb in different ways that would not mesh well together for a long term couple.

Also, I can't hate Karasuma, he's too drat bizarre. There are other characters in the series I honestly dislike
like Madoka. I feel so bad for her boyfriend.
Last edited by MaiMai on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#24 Post by SilverxBlue »

HikkiPanda wrote: He's a stalker lol. He always appear in the right moment XD ... it's impossible to do unless he's stalking her
And this made me hate him even more.
OtomeWeekend wrote:Trivia: in an anime magazine in philippines, usui was voted as no. 1 anime guy for consecutive months.lol. I don't hate the guy cause he is voiced by okamoto and maybe because i love the perfect types...
Wait, WHAT? I can't believe a lot of people here like him so much.
I didn't really hate him that much on the first few episodes/chapters (I even found him funny), I started hating him in the trip to the beach episodes and I hated him even more when Shintani arrived, the way he acted when Shintani entered the scene was just... argh!
Ris wrote:Tsukiko from Starry Sky is an annoying, wishy-washy failure of a protagonist in my opinion. |D
This.
Camille wrote: Chizuru, on the other hand, goes rushing into danger despite being totally useless in battle and quite a few people die because of her. :/ I think that sort of carelessness is a lot harder to forgive.
I haven't played Hakuouki yet. (Still waiting for Aksys localization) But if Chizuru is even worse than Tsukiko, then I'm afraid that I might chuck my PSP out of the window. D:
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

J. Datie
Veteran

#25 Post by J. Datie »

Hey, guys! Wanna spend an hour running around the same four areas over and over again while two characters say the same lines over and over again?!
I didn't. >:|

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@sayuri: well most of the time, i actually think that the reason why I'm annoyed about Zero is because of yuki but somehow, i don't understand the surreal personality zero has... "i love you today, I'll kill you tomorrow"

@silver: Ever bought "otaku magazine"? I used to buy it monthly when I'm still in the Philippines, my last issue was issue 59 which i even brought here in japan(and it contains the top 10 anime guy and girl where usui is voted as 1 and misaki as no. 1 girl too so much fandom for kaichou no maid-sama in philippines.lol)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#27 Post by KomiTsuku »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:
Sapphi wrote:Mimori Kiryuu from S-CRY-ed is the first one who comes to my mind. She is consistently bland and annoying and did nothing but irritate me through the entire course of the show. Even her picture irritates me.
Second that. She was the most useless piece of feces ever :x She doesn't have any Alter powers or any real point in the show other than to look pretty (and she sucks at that).
I cannot agree more. Scheris was a much better female lead, hands down.

Behind her would have to be Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Let's whine and complain for twenty some episodes. Really. Let's do nothing other than moan about how much life sucks. I've never wanted to slap an anime character more. I know there's supposed to be philosophical meaning there and character development, but...

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#28 Post by Desu_Cake »

OtomeWeekend wrote: i hate this level E vampire called Zero from vampire knight.
This.
Also, Sasuke from Naruto, Suzaku from Code Geass, Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden, and most of all,
Ange from Umineko.
Quit stealing all the scenes from Beato with your endless whining!

Yeah... I hate whiners.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#29 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sasuke from Naruto, Tsukiko from Starry Sky, Shinji from Evangelion, Ashe from Under the moon and almost all sugar beans protagonist, Mion from Higurashi (Because of what she did to the "real" Mion and her being yandere over a stupid doll)... And maybe I'll add more when I remember.

I can't say I like Usui, I just find his character impossible. There is no guy like that.

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#30 Post by HikkiPanda »

Regarding Shinji from Evangelion, I think he's awesome in Evangelion Rebuild series right o.o ?