(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
icecheetah
Regular

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#316 Post by icecheetah »

teacup wrote:
icecheetah wrote:I've been playing a little, and I somehow ended up on Lucan's path first. Why is it that WHENEVER I get a VN involving a guy with a fanclub problem, I always accidentally end up on that one FIRST? I hate that trope. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Except here, I REALLY like your twist on it!
Normally, I hate stories that involve brainwashing or anything like that, but you pull it off in a way that's actually kinda enjoyable to me. I kinda wish I got to see how the girls reacted when it was removed.
And... yeah... that's all I can say until I finish it. But I am enjoying it.
Ah, thank you! The funny thing is, I also hate the fanclub trope, which is exactly why I wanted to take it and put my own spin on it. XD
The thing I noticed about the fanclub trope is that the fangirls NEVER have a reason for being so obsessed, other than that the guy is hot or something shallow like that. So I wanted to have an actual reason why the fangirls are the way they are. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and i hope you like the rest of the game! \(^o^)/
AWESOME! :D

Yeah! I did enjoy it! Not sure what path I enjoyed the most in the end.
Though I was a bit dissapointed in Haruhi's path. For one thing, I thought there was meant to be more than one choice in it. Still, I found the game quite funny and surprisingly enjoyable over all, and I look forwards to the next one!

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#317 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

It is a realy wonderfull game and I finished the fur of the endings (Haruhi Kaius Lucan and Ryuu but I can't find the fifth ending :/)

Rosechan777

#318 Post by Rosechan777 »

While I was playing (Fantastic game so far), I ran into a error. It said...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 10740, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 10740, in python
NameError: name 'ilove' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Leslie Chan\Downloads\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\Leslie Chan\Downloads\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 1366, in execute
File "C:\Users\Leslie Chan\Downloads\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\renpy\python.py", line 1011, in py_eval
File "game/script.rpy", line 10740, in <module>
NameError: name 'ilove' is not defined

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 6.12.2.1531

nana_chan

#319 Post by nana_chan »

I can't play this game! :(
it says 'this app has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way'...how can I play this? Anyone?

sophiajisu

#320 Post by sophiajisu »

This message is probably too late to have any significant influence but I thought I'd mention a bug I found which isn't a serious one but sort of inconsistent with the storyline.
I don't know if it was mentioned in the 22 pages of messages (I only read till page 7) but I'll mention it anyway... :D
I played this game today, and the first playthrough, I always make really random choices just to see what would happen. I think the exact combination was:
Follow him
Don't remember
roof
Cute & sweet
cafeteria
Don't ask him for help
You're not pathetic
Somewhere along those lines. Anyways, really random, and because of one choice I somehow ended up with Lucan.

The point is, an event happens....without really happening... that's the only way I can explain it. It goes like this...
I'm playing the game just fine when the plot comes to a rainy day (which is the setting for an event for whatever path you take)
I'm approached by a girl who apparently has amnesia and keeps asking where she is. The first thought is: she must a person who had memory erased but something went wrong.
I next meet Lucan and suddenly I'm talking about a girl who apparently bullied me.....which confused me a lot.
I at first thought it was some sort of subplot I'm supposed to infer automatically or I had accidentally skipped through the text.
And apparently she started acting strange.
Later on, this event that didn't occur, but apparently did, becomes a major plot device for Lucan's secret!
So yeah, I thought I should mention this...
But great game! I thought I would dislike Haruhi at first impression (just cuz he's a typical manga type cross dressing boy character...) but to my surprise I do like him :)

And also, you said in your first post there are 5 endings to this game.
Um...to my knowledge there's only 4:Kaius, Lucan, Ryuu, and Haruhi

Also, randomly, I don't know who said this but someone mentioned that nobody had any reactions for Marin almost getting raped and nobody seemed guilty for ditching her.
I thought the same thing too I thought "Man what jerks!" but since it never came up again, I realized it was just a small plot hole :p

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#321 Post by teacup »

The 5th ending is a bad ending. Lucan has 2, unlike the other characters. See if you can find his other one! :) [big hint: you only have to make one choice different in his route, and it's the last choice]

@icecheetah
Haruhi's was only a half-path. It wasn't intended to be as long as the others; it was sort of a bonus that I added in because back when I was still making the game, Haruhi was extremely popular. XD
nana_chan wrote:I can't play this game! :(
it says 'this app has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way'...how can I play this? Anyone?
Hm.... I've never heard of that problem before when trying to play this, how strange. D:
Does that happen right when you start the game? Or is it crashing at a specific point in the game?

@sophiajisu
Yeah that was mentioned a few times before.
The game is point-based, so whenever you make random choices the points get screwed up and it doesn't really know who to pick as your love interest. Either you'll get an error report, or you'll end up with Lucan if your point values are messed up. (。_。*)
There's been quite a lot reports of this bug, so I'm going to release a 1.4 version soon that hopefully fixes this.
My advice to you for now is to not make random choices in the game XD; otherwise, you'll get an error like that. Sorry for the trouble.
Lastly, the scene with the thugs only really gets resolved in Kaius' route. I think I mentioned this somewhere before but, Kaius is the only one with enough common sense to come back and try and find Marin. Lucan and Ryuu both assumed that she had left without them and gotten back safely, which is why they didn't come back for her. I know that makes them seem like stupid jerks, but that was kind of intentional. After all, all of the characters have short-comings/flaws in their personalities. I'm sorry if that confused you.
I'm glad you're enjoying the game despite these errors.

sophiajisu

#322 Post by sophiajisu »

Wow thanks for the really prompt reply!! :D
I'll now try my best to get the last ending, thanks for telling!! :)

falc0n

#323 Post by falc0n »

Wow.. my post is the most recent in ages XD
probs because I just found this site, just want to say that (p)lanets is the first otome game ive played from this site and...
it's the best so far!
I love the endings and the characters.
Will you be making any more games (or have you) in the future?

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#324 Post by teacup »

sophiajisu wrote:Wow thanks for the really prompt reply!! :D
I'll now try my best to get the last ending, thanks for telling!! :)
No problem, glad to be of help!

falc0n wrote:Wow.. my post is the most recent in ages XD
probs because I just found this site, just want to say that (p)lanets is the first otome game ive played from this site and...
it's the best so far!
I love the endings and the characters.
Will you be making any more games (or have you) in the future?
Aw, thank you! I'm very flattered to hear that! 。゚+.(*>ω<*)゚+.゚。
This is my only completed game, but I'm currently working on a sequel. It's called (P)lanets 2 - the life of happiness has started!
You can check out more details about it here!

applegirl
Veteran

#325 Post by applegirl »

Having played through this recently, I must I enjoyed this visual novel very much. It was fun and charming, I personally didn't take everything so seriously and found myself smiling through a lot of the storyline. Reading through a few pages of these comments make me very grateful not to be a visual novel maker, I think it'd probably ruin my enjoyment if I was always looking for things to critique. As a reader, I thought it was very enjoyable and really a very well done otome.

I must also commend you for making this such a fun visual novel (for me). I think as a reader, that's what I look forward to the most. I was feeling a little bummed out about otomes because the last two commercial ones I've checked out weren't enjoyable at all. Now, here I picked up a free one and I spent hours smiling through its completion. So, thank you for that. I know I'll check out the sequel and I eagerly await what you have next :)

Alwerien
Regular

#326 Post by Alwerien »

A bit laaaate in posting here...but wanted to anyways ^^

What a sweet game! Found this game sort of by pure chance but definitely glad I did. I actually cried so hard at Ryuu's ending. He is not my usual type of character I pursue so I sort of kept him as the last path to take but asdlewkfejkewgher I think it got to me the most. My first (..and second - that one was epic) ending was Lucan (cough) because I just had to go for him the second I met him. I wanted to start with Kai because I just love tsundere guys (and adkehfhesfhsjfhshf kitties wwwwww if I knew that he would have been the first!) so much, but had to postpone that as my second path since.....yeah. =w=

On the other hand, I was really looking forward to some proper Haruhi route (I just have this thing for traps.. XD) so I was a bit disappointed it was just made as a half-route. I think someone else mentioned it here as well, but when I got to the ending I was really hoping for some after-ending bonus, like them getting married or so since they really made such cute couple <3

Through most of the routes I did like everything story-wise,
only thing I was sort of put off by was how everyone left her to get almost-raped. Well, Except Kai-kun.
I also sort of hoped for some kind of Ruiko (even if friend-only) ending but I guess girl endings just isn't that usual in otome games. I still think it could have been nice touch though.
Maybe combined with getting close to Lucan so we would get to see Rui's true personality and not her brainwashed one.
I would guess her as a cutesy bubbly and a bit childish girl because of all those stuffed animals though.. XD.

I have to admit that at few times I was slightly disappointed with the art but for a 1-person team it was awesome either way! I hope everything goes well with the sequel since you have another help for the CGs there :)
It's a bit of shame that there was the inconsistency with the art (because of the span the game making took since you were alone?) and really only advice I can give is to retouch all of the game sprites around same time if possible to give it some sort of consistency. I understand the inconsistency with CGs but I guess I was surprised at the difference when the main sprite kept changing with the second (like joking/happy Ryuu turned back) etc as it was pretty sudden.
Again, I really hope this didn't sound too mean! I know I myself couldn't do half as well if I were to do a game on my own - mainly cos I couldn't program a single line XD. All in all, this was a really awesome game! All the more awesome because it was free~ I know I wouldn't mind though if in the future you released commercial games for some reasonable price as I'm sure it would be worth it (well..my friend could mind since I usually cough visit her to play these kinds of games cos I'm always so broke..being student is hard... XD)

Well..good luck with the sequel and your other games! Will definitely keep a watch. ^_^

Edit: Actually as I posted this, I recalled one more thing I would have really liked to see,
a cg of Lucan's siblings XD. They must have been cute~~~ =w=
And I actually just got the Runtime error now when going to recheck the gallery - it happened when I tried to move the game window while the game was still starting. Well, no big deal as I never encountered it through the playthrough and on second time it opened just fine!

-SaitoHimea

#327 Post by -SaitoHimea »

I just downloaded it yesterday and I play it.. At first I almost end up with Lucan and then I go to the main menu to start it all over again cause I wanted to get Kai along playing with it errors keep appearing in many different times and I keep ignore few times then suddenly it was almost ending and the funny thing is I end up with Lucan but I already avoided him and didn't picked him as in the choices so is there something wrong with the game that you might want to fix it or there's something wrong with mine?

Roiya
Regular
Projects: unnamed project

#328 Post by Roiya »

after checking out other games on the forum i am always surprised by how well made your game is for a 1 person team. much better than what a lot of ppl put out there. I know ppl were like eh about the art but i actually really liked it. its great quality considering you drew everything and made the whole game by yourself. *excited for your next game
My DEVIANTART=) contact me there for commisions or recruitment if you likey my art
looking for a project to join
http://roiyachan.deviantart.com/
projects i am helping:
Scattered Starlight (GxB, GxG),
feel free to contact me though if you have an interesting one^^

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#329 Post by teacup »

applegirl wrote:Having played through this recently, I must I enjoyed this visual novel very much. It was fun and charming, I personally didn't take everything so seriously and found myself smiling through a lot of the storyline. Reading through a few pages of these comments make me very grateful not to be a visual novel maker, I think it'd probably ruin my enjoyment if I was always looking for things to critique. As a reader, I thought it was very enjoyable and really a very well done otome.

I must also commend you for making this such a fun visual novel (for me). I think as a reader, that's what I look forward to the most. I was feeling a little bummed out about otomes because the last two commercial ones I've checked out weren't enjoyable at all. Now, here I picked up a free one and I spent hours smiling through its completion. So, thank you for that. I know I'll check out the sequel and I eagerly await what you have next :)
Ah, no reason to thank me! Thank you for playing and for the compliments. I'm glad you thought the game was fun - that was my goal. I didn't want people to take it so seriously. Honestly, the point of the game was to be light, fun, and to make you laugh/smile [with the exception of the few serious moments].
Alwerien wrote:A bit laaaate in posting here...but wanted to anyways ^^

What a sweet game! Found this game sort of by pure chance but definitely glad I did. I actually cried so hard at Ryuu's ending. He is not my usual type of character I pursue so I sort of kept him as the last path to take but asdlewkfejkewgher I think it got to me the most. My first (..and second - that one was epic) ending was Lucan (cough) because I just had to go for him the second I met him. I wanted to start with Kai because I just love tsundere guys (and adkehfhesfhsjfhshf kitties wwwwww if I knew that he would have been the first!) so much, but had to postpone that as my second path since.....yeah. =w=

On the other hand, I was really looking forward to some proper Haruhi route (I just have this thing for traps.. XD) so I was a bit disappointed it was just made as a half-route. I think someone else mentioned it here as well, but when I got to the ending I was really hoping for some after-ending bonus, like them getting married or so since they really made such cute couple <3

Through most of the routes I did like everything story-wise,
only thing I was sort of put off by was how everyone left her to get almost-raped. Well, Except Kai-kun.
I also sort of hoped for some kind of Ruiko (even if friend-only) ending but I guess girl endings just isn't that usual in otome games. I still think it could have been nice touch though.
Maybe combined with getting close to Lucan so we would get to see Rui's true personality and not her brainwashed one.
I would guess her as a cutesy bubbly and a bit childish girl because of all those stuffed animals though.. XD.

I have to admit that at few times I was slightly disappointed with the art but for a 1-person team it was awesome either way! I hope everything goes well with the sequel since you have another help for the CGs there :)
It's a bit of shame that there was the inconsistency with the art (because of the span the game making took since you were alone?) and really only advice I can give is to retouch all of the game sprites around same time if possible to give it some sort of consistency. I understand the inconsistency with CGs but I guess I was surprised at the difference when the main sprite kept changing with the second (like joking/happy Ryuu turned back) etc as it was pretty sudden.
Again, I really hope this didn't sound too mean! I know I myself couldn't do half as well if I were to do a game on my own - mainly cos I couldn't program a single line XD. All in all, this was a really awesome game! All the more awesome because it was free~ I know I wouldn't mind though if in the future you released commercial games for some reasonable price as I'm sure it would be worth it (well..my friend could mind since I usually cough visit her to play these kinds of games cos I'm always so broke..being student is hard... XD)

Well..good luck with the sequel and your other games! Will definitely keep a watch. ^_^

Edit: Actually as I posted this, I recalled one more thing I would have really liked to see,
a cg of Lucan's siblings XD. They must have been cute~~~ =w=
And I actually just got the Runtime error now when going to recheck the gallery - it happened when I tried to move the game window while the game was still starting. Well, no big deal as I never encountered it through the playthrough and on second time it opened just fine!
wow, thank you for taking the time to leave a review :) I will take your advice into consideration for my next games!
And yeah about the art, some of the CGs/sprites were as old as two years, back when I started making the game. I did improve a little as the game went on, so that's why there are inconsistencies. If I had taken the time to redo all of the art, well, the game may have never come out at all [I already nearly killed myself doing 30+ CGs... redoing them would have exhausted me]. Like Ryuu's first pose was done far earlier than Ryuu's second pose, so that's probably why they look different;; Sorry about that. As you mentioned though, the sequel has a CG artist [who is very great :)] so it shouldn't have that problem.
Thanks again!
-SaitoHimea wrote:I just downloaded it yesterday and I play it.. At first I almost end up with Lucan and then I go to the main menu to start it all over again cause I wanted to get Kai along playing with it errors keep appearing in many different times and I keep ignore few times then suddenly it was almost ending and the funny thing is I end up with Lucan but I already avoided him and didn't picked him as in the choices so is there something wrong with the game that you might want to fix it or there's something wrong with mine?
Yes this bug has been reported many times already, if you are having problems getting the endings, I recommend you follow the walkthrough on my blog [see the link in my signature]. I actually addressed on this very page:
teacup wrote:The game is point-based, so whenever you make random choices the points get screwed up and it doesn't really know who to pick as your love interest. Either you'll get an error report, or you'll end up with Lucan if your point values are messed up. (。_。*)
There's been quite a lot reports of this bug, so I'm going to release a 1.4 version soon that hopefully fixes this.
My advice to you for now is to not make random choices in the game XD; otherwise, you'll get an error like that. Sorry for the trouble.
Roiya wrote:after checking out other games on the forum i am always surprised by how well made your game is for a 1 person team. much better than what a lot of ppl put out there. I know ppl were like eh about the art but i actually really liked it. its great quality considering you drew everything and made the whole game by yourself. *excited for your next game
Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me.
Yeah, I'm a bit sensitive to the comment about the art, and I was actually a bit hurt when I heard people thought it's bad. So your comment really helps with my confidence. :)

Saiytanya

#330 Post by Saiytanya »

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this game. It was sweet and unique. Although you can tell who the writter's favorite is. ;) there is a TON more dialogue with Ryuu.

As some other people mentioned I would really have liked to see Lucan's sisters, but alas, their adorableness was left to the imagination. I also think it would add a whole other dimension to Kaius's story if there were a CG or two for his flashback. The dialogue alone, while touching, doesn't really capture the full emotion of the situation. I'm also pretty sad that she lost her powers in the end, but, such is life.

Overall, though, I really enjoyed it  and I look forward to seeing more works from you. :)